Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Why would I lie? :slap:

I did a couple of gallons 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Today I did 3 gallons. I usually mix up about 5G and do a 2G change on the pico.

So that is averaging about ~5-7% water change.

Clarity for the schmutz the siphoning stirred up, organics and all. Prime for the same reason: siphoned the sand bed, disturbed a lot of crap. Prime will lock up any nitrogen cycle components.

It's not that you lie ( maybe ), but I've been trying to follow your habits and I can pull up posts where u say you do not do regular water changes, and I can pull up posts and conversations where you say every 2 weeks. I have given up trying to follow your success.

It's not that you lie ( maybe ), but I've been trying to follow your habits and I can pull up posts where u say you do not do regular water changes, and I can pull up posts and conversations where you say every 2 weeks. I have given up trying to follow your success.

So maybe the habit to follow here is that I don't have a habit. I watch my tank and do what I think it needs me to do - feed, clean, change water, clean glass, whatever.

• Like 2

I got off my lazy derriere and did a water change. Siphoned the sand bed and made my bucket dirty.

Then I added "clarity" and "prime" to the tank while it went about it's business.

About to add some Dr Tims.

Microbakter7 later in the day maybe.

Isn't the Dr. Tim's and Microbacter7 redundant? I assume you are using the Dr. Tim's probiotic?

Ecobalance is the probiotic, right? The waste away sounds like it works really well for people. I mean using Microbacter7 and the ecobalance can't hurt the tank - it just might be a waste of $$ in that they are essentially the same product.

Ahoy!

My Marine depot order came in. I love getting mail. :)

I ordered replacement H2O brand feeder pipette with extensions, it is the best feeding tool and the only feeding tool I care to use. Also ordered a "smart feeder": a tube thing into which you throw in your food and it slowly sinks as it defrosts. Of course the reef plankton cube has been floating since an hour now, and still perfectly formed. No current is getting to it so it's not disintegrating. The binder they have used in this food is probably the cause of the floatation too. Let's see how mysis work a little later.

20140911_103628.jpg

Stirred it up and it's dropping a few morsels here and there. I do like this very slow feeding, gives a delayed and constant feeding

20140911_111651.jpg

• Like 4

Ahoy!

My Marine depot order came in. I love getting mail. :)

I ordered replacement H2O brand feeder pipette with extensions, it is the best feeding tool and the only feeding tool I care to use. Also ordered a "smart feeder": a tube thing into which you throw in your food and it slowly sinks as it defrosts. Of course the reef plankton cube has been floating since an hour now, and still perfectly formed. No current is getting to it so it's not disintegrating. The binder they have used in this food is probably the cause of the floatation too. Let's see how mysis work a little later.

20140911_103628.jpg

Stirred it up and it's dropping a few morsels here and there. I do like this very slow feeding, gives a delayed and constant feeding

20140911_111651.jpg

that's really cool..

where would one find this? I can't seem to find it on MD's website..

• Like 1