Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Ya I always have a problem finding them too. Just did a quick search and only came up with like $2-3 editions. Umm dunno outside that. How is it that you always manage to stump me?

why dont you want johns nassarius?
I have them already, and to clarify the kind he has is nass.vibex which do stir the sand but are itty bitty. Tongan nass look like vibex but are at least 1 inch long and very strong.

Ya I always have a problem finding them too. Just did a quick search and only came up with like $2-3 editions. Umm dunno outside that. How is it that you always manage to stump me?
:blush: is that good or bad? Where did you find the $2/3$ ones??
  • Like 1

:(

I was away from home for 5 days and lost 2 fish. How does that happen only when I am away?! :tears:

Bella was being munched on at the back of the tank, I fished her out but Orchid the Firefish is missing. :(

Then there are strange things that nobody can explain. The top shelf rock with the Subulata/Slimer/Clam etc had moved, a lot, from it's original position. Nobody at home stuck their hand in or touched anything. Then there is one tip of the subulata at the side, about 1 cm big, which had bleached, it was wrapped with broken chaeto and caulerpa.

Every single SPS seems to have grown, the PE is insane since last night.

I'm just heart broken about Bella and Orchid. :(

I'm so sorry you lost them Kat :(

For some reason everything always goes wrong only when going out of town. It is starting to make me paranoid to leave the house.

• Like 1

That sucks. Sorry that you lost those guys. I freak out every time my psychotic clown jumps into the overflow. Hopefully Orchid is just chilling in a hidden cave. I know my firefish hide in their cave sometimes for a couple days then pop out for a bite randomly.

As for the moving shelf and macros in the display, kind of sounds like Sam is getting mad being stuck in the sump and is throwing macros into the return. He is sabotaging the DT out of revenge :lol:. But seriously, it sounds like macros clogged the return pump, possibly lowering the water level enough to cause the shelf to slump because some of its weight was exposed to the air, then the macros were pushed through and the water began flowing again. Just an idea.

• Like 1

Ahhh, I am sorry about Bella and Orchid! :-( This morning when just my moonlights were on I thought King Midas was gone, my midas blenny. I peeked behind the rock work and thought I saw his body so I began fishing around with one of my nets. I don't know what I saw but it wasn't King Midas because he finally came swimming out. Just slept in I guess.

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

That is an interesting Yuma, but it may not keep that multitone coloration. When I switched fromT5 to LEDs my orange Yumas became multi colored for a while (green, yellow and orange).

If it truly stays multicolored like that it would be a unique one!

• Like 1
MyJasmineRose

Oh no :( I feel you there, I was away last week and came back to brook and a cyano outbreak. I think Murphys law just sucks for reefers. Sorry for your loss :(

• Like 1

More pictures.

Jason Fox Setosa. See the crap in there? I have to blow that with a baster every day. :angry:

It's from the Blenny lounging in the coral like it's his tub.

The Lime LED's hit this coral straight on.

20140822_172830.jpg

Myagi Tort

20140822_172822.jpg

Oh no :( I feel you there, I was away last week and came back to brook and a cyano outbreak. I think Murphys law just sucks for reefers. Sorry for your loss :(

:( I was reading about that on your thread.

If it truly stays multicolored like that it would be a unique one!

Ebay it for like $1499? :lol:

Sorry about bella Kat; i hope you find the other fish!

She was so cute. :(

Ahhh, I am sorry about Bella and Orchid! :-( This morning when just my moonlights were on I thought King Midas was gone, my midas blenny. I peeked behind the rock work and thought I saw his body so I began fishing around with one of my nets. I don't know what I saw but it wasn't King Midas because he finally came swimming out. Just slept in I guess.

Blennies love to hide, I'm glad you found him.

That sucks that you lost them. :(

:( yeah

That sucks. Sorry that you lost those guys. I freak out every time my psychotic clown jumps into the overflow. Hopefully Orchid is just chilling in a hidden cave. I know my firefish hide in their cave sometimes for a couple days then pop out for a bite randomly.

As for the moving shelf and macros in the display, kind of sounds like Sam is getting mad being stuck in the sump and is throwing macros into the return. He is sabotaging the DT out of revenge :lol:. But seriously, it sounds like macros clogged the return pump, possibly lowering the water level enough to cause the shelf to slump because some of its weight was exposed to the air, then the macros were pushed through and the water began flowing again. Just an idea.

I hope Orchid is just hiding, she did that when I first got her last year.

• Like 2
buddythelion

Has anybody seen a Yuma like this?

20140822_165918_1.jpg

That is one gnarly yuma! I can't say I've seen one like that before. Top down pics please!

• Like 2

That is one gnarly yuma! I can't say I've seen one like that before. Top down pics please!

Well it got pissed off as I was moving it, but here we go.

Used my custom made viewfinder (thank you papa Veng) to take these with the cellphone. No touchups. LEDs at 100%, no T5s

20140822_195301.jpg

20140822_195408.jpg

The body has 3 colors - orange, gold, green. But some of the orange bubble tips are getting a pink color to them.

• Like 11