Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

You know it rather does. Although I like KGs name for it much better. I thought I sent you some but I may be mistaken. Will you come for the frag swap Nov 17?

You did, and I love it. It's actually growing really really well for me. I'm sending a frag of a frag along with some others to lawnman soon.

What's the details on the swap? I would be interested.

You did, and I love it. It's actually growing really really well for me. I'm sending a frag of a frag along with some others to lawnman soon. What's the details on the swap? I would be interested.

Nov 17th. Check MR for details.

That MP10 is loud as knobs.

It is :(

Yeah i found out that a few companies sell the bearing to fix the vortech pumps, so you can fix them yourself instead of sending them to ecotech and its a fairly easy fix.

I'm happy with my jebao

Oh I've never owned a Prop pump outside of Koralia. The Tunze line just made me laugh.

Have you seen the Jebao DC12000? So bad ass. Closed loop time.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Yeah i found out that a few companies sell the bearing to fix the vortech pumps, so you can fix them yourself instead of sending them to ecotech and its a fairly easy fix.

I've already got her bearings, she just hasn't sent me the dry side yet.

• Like 1
Cellphone Macros

Grumpy Glen. He can't keep his shrimp by his side. The shrimp is on the other side of the tank, he visits it every now and then.

20131012_111314.jpg

20131012_111323.jpg

20131012_111404.jpg

20131012_111636.jpg

20131012_111846.jpg

Is there a name for those beautiful green pallys in the last pic?

Is there a name for those beautiful green pallys in the last pic?

Grandis Palys. Each head is the size of a silver dollar. These are already proven to have palytoxin from the precious one polyp frag I received from a friend about a year ago. But at some point I'm going to have to frag.... :scarry:

• Like 2

Update on the IM reactors.

(Re-cap: it stinks because the GFO becomes a brick and you have to chisel it out)

It happened again and that was when we were all discussing tumbling vs no tumbling and then Julian Sprung chimed in with YES make it tumble.

So anyway, the 3rd time I re-filled the GFO reactor I mixed in a little bit of carbon and packed it loosely with floss. I saw very little tumbling and forgot about it till yesterday when I changed out the media again. This time there was no solid mass of GFO, it was still gunky but easy to remove. I don;t know if mixing with carbon or packing it with floss or both were responsible.

For the current media refresh, I've used the small reactor to fill it up with GFO mixed with a little carbon and put in some floss. The bigger reactor has mostly carbon with some GFO mixed in. I'm not entirely sure if I've used too much GFO but I know what it can do to a tank so I'll be watching.

jedimasterben

Not much. Seachem recommends 1 cup per 100 gallons, but with phosguard, you can calculate how much of it you need based on how much phosphate you have to remove. It doesn't 'shock' the system like GFO does, I've found, and will never, ever clump.

• Like 1

You really should try to set up a 10 gall Qt. You only buy small peacefull fish so you can get away with a 10. I know you know you are playing Russian Rulette every time you add those dirty risky fish to your little slice of paradise.

• Like 4