SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimaster1138

Only the GFO needed to be chisled out because it breaks down and clumps. I'm using the sponges also.

My new thing is too turn up the flow in the GFO reactor every couple days to max for about a minute and let things go bonkers, then turn it back down to normal - ie slight tumble/dance on top - the idea is this stops the perma-chunking, I theorize. I also have the output in a sock as per Kat's advice (which was damn good advice). I'm using Premium Aquatics PhosBlast, or whatever they call their own branded high capacity stuff. Changed once every 6 weeks ish or whenever I remember.

:blush: Here's my new little (okay maybe not so little) boyfriend. I'm totally in love. He's a sweet boy, and he's exploring the tank for food, pecking at live BBS. I am cautiously optimistic. Bella likes him a lot. :wub:

20131013_183218.jpg

20131013_183209.jpg

20131013_183208.jpg

20131013_183202.jpg

He ate a frozen brine shrimp today. fingerscrossed

• Like 8

Busy day. My brother is out of town so I am 100% parent to the niece and nephew. Tests, homework, reviews, projects, aiyaiyayi.

I ordered my first ever Rock Flower Anemone this week. And I thought I would try a Florida Riccordea again. If there is one thing I cannot keep it is the rics. I am hoping that my tank has matured or improved enough that they will stay alive. I've had Yumas for over a year.

I was originally going to get a small green with orange tentacle or green with red tentacle rock nem. But the choices out there and the prices were really varied. I ended up buying a large nem, hopefully a showpiece as it is very uniquely colored. I had the perfect place for it too. The package arrived completely destroyed and the nem was dry. However....

20131016_181717.jpg

Whoever said rock nems don't walk never put it in a tank with steroids, clearly. In the first 20 minutes, it decided to scoot off the shell it came on, and on to the rock wall I had it against. :) Fascinating creature! I am so looking forward to watching it thrive.

• Like 6

Quick tip to get the old bearings off and new on.....

Put the drive shaft in the freezer (inside a sammich zip lock bag) for about 30 minutes. This makes taking the bearings off and putting the new ones on much easier.

• Like 1
Busy day. My brother is out of town so I am 100% parent to the niece and nephew. Tests, homework, reviews, projects, aiyaiyayi.

I ordered my first ever Rock Flower Anemone this week. And I thought I would try a Florida Riccordea again. If there is one thing I cannot keep it is the rics. I am hoping that my tank has matured or improved enough that they will stay alive. I've had Yumas for over a year.

I was originally going to get a small green with orange tentacle or green with red tentacle rock nem. But the choices out there and the prices were really varied. I ended up buying a large nem, hopefully a showpiece as it is very uniquely colored. I had the perfect place for it too. The package arrived completely destroyed and the nem was dry. However....

20131016_181717.jpg

Whoever said rock nems don't walk never put it in a tank with steroids, clearly. In the first 20 minutes, it decided to scoot off the shell it came on, and on to the rock wall I had it against. :) Fascinating creature! I am so looking forward to watching it thrive.

What you got a walker in your tank? :)
  • Like 1

I think it'll stay put as long as nothing is shading it. The one in my 7g stayed where I put it since April, until just last week. Right before I left on bidness travel, it was making it's way back around to the original spot.. hoping it's back in it's place when I get home. I'll have to frag back the hammer that was blocking some of it's light.

llama roadkill
You really should try to set up a 10 gall Qt. You only buy small peacefull fish so you can get away with a 10. I know you know you are playing Russian Rulette every time you add those dirty risky fish to your little slice of paradise.

How long do you QT? I was thinking a week if the fish shows normal behavior and eats well in the store. Also if it has no abnormal marks or bumps. My LFS keeps their fish for a month before selling. They offered me a job AND are taking great care of Copperbands, Cleaner Wrasses, and even a Pep Angel, so I assume they aren't lying!