Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Omg i just realized i don't know when I first started following this thread just went back to pg 586 and that was the oldest post of mine i could find but then went back further and I remembered those posts hmmmm maybe I was lurking before I jumped in

• Like 1

Coming soon to this tank. Gamma Sterilized dosing flasks.

noname%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Hope you didn't pay extra for "gamma sterilized". I don't know what you're dosing (or if it needs to be sterile), but if you're not opening it inside a vented hood then it won't be sterile once it's opened.

Hope you didn't pay extra for "gamma sterilized". I don't know what you're dosing (or if it needs to be sterile), but if you're not opening it inside a vented hood then it won't be sterile once it's opened.

Nerds. :wub:

• Like 3

So last week I got 2 pistol shrimp from Bluezoo, one for each of my gobies. Charlie (yasha) my oldest fish (been with me 2 years now) got another candy cane shrimp and I got a tiger for Grumpy Glen the Wheelers Shrimp Goby.

Soon after the addition of both pistols they disappeared. I was hoping to hear snaps or something, nope, nothing. :(

Then 2-3 days ago, Charlie disappeared! Now he's done that before when he had a shrimp to play with so I didn't worry too much even though I've never seen him not appear for meal times before.

Today he showed up at the very front of the tank. :wub:

His shrimp had dug him a tunnel clear across the width of the tank. :wub:

20131010_113131.jpg

• Like 6

heh, enjoy some snapshots

from the laser scanning microscope

jb5yrl.jpg

a genotyping PCR i did recently

os92ec.jpg

speaking of vented hood, here's the Class II Biological Safety Cabinet hood i work in
1581j5j.jpg

hope it makes your day haha

• Like 2

jb5yrl.jpg

speaking of vented hood, here's the Class II Biological Safety Cabinet hood i work in

Somebody photoshop this sticker to read

Kat 4 Laser

Restricted Area

with this image:

pew%20pew%20cat.jpg

• Like 3

jb5yrl.jpg

os92ec.jpg

1581j5j.jpg

Between the flasks and these photos, this thread looks more like my work than like reef tanks. Not sure how I feel about this. I worked in a biological safety cabinet hood all day. I want to see fish and coral!

• Like 1
You know it rather does. Although I like KGs name for it much better. I thought I sent you some but I may be mistaken. Will you come for the frag swap Nov 17?

I love the taped up calculator!!!:lol:1581j5j.jpg
  • Like 1

speaking of vented hood, here's the Class II Biological Safety Cabinet hood i work in1581j5j.jpg

Baker SG400 class 2 type A2 bio safety cabinet . I work on those things daily .

• Like 2