Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Told you Psychosis and James!

I'm ok

I knew it was going to happen, asking Kat not to use the slap emoticon is like demanding the Earth stops spinning. It was too easy for other reasons.

• Like 1
jedimasterben
What don't you have growing in the damn thing? It's just that legit.

That's all that is growing in it, except for some wacky slimy shit. I'm probably gonna take it offline if it doesn't get better.

• Like 1

No problems to SPS? I did Kent Tech M on my LPS system with no problems. I raised my mag to 1950 and left it there for 6 weeks.

Never went that high, 1700ppm was the highest, no problems to SPS but I think they were starting to stress a bit, brought it down to 1600ppm.

I found a bottle of Kent tech m in the magic closet today. I got it from Newman when he was breaking down his pico. So I dosed some already. Inverts will become very lethargic with high levels of magnesium so between that and SPS health I need to be watching the tank a lot.

Also for some reason the flat worms in the fuge seem to have, all of a sudden, become less. Could be the large water change I did last weekend. But then why would the bryopsis get fuel if nutrients were significantly reduced.

I found a bottle of Kent tech m in the magic closet today. I got it from Newman when he was breaking down his pico. So I dosed some already. Inverts will become very lethargic with high levels of magnesium so between that and SPS health I need to be watching the tank a lot. Also for some reason the flat worms in the fuge seem to have, all of a sudden, become less. Could be the large water change I did last weekend. But then why would the bryopsis get fuel if nutrients were significantly reduced.

Water changes wont help a flatworm problem big brain. Only your bio control ( nudi/damsel ), or there is better flow in there now and they have ventured on to calmer waters.

Negative on all 3 soldier.

Well if you figure out what DID get rid of them and if it'll fit in a 4 gallon pico, let me know. I hate them, so so much. Everything in my tank looks wonderful now that they're getting blasted with a Kessil A360 - except that there are dozens of gross little flatworms practically everywhere. :(

Installed my red sea pump upgrade kit. Whoa! It's making Waves! It is very powerful compared to the dual ehiems I was using and certainly tons better than stock RSM pumps.

In other news I removed a substantial area of the zoanthid forest, areas where I suspected or saw even a little bit of bryopsis. I was able to frag and save most of the polyps but I won't know till the frags heal and open. I put epoxy putty on the rocks where I saw growth and had to epoxy over some encrusted ZOA's as well. Shrug. Time will tell if I was able to get it all.

• Like 2
I would have taken the frags if you were just gonna epoxy over them. I ain't scared of no bryopsis.

When you're dealing with strange, feathery shit, who ya gonna call? Jedi master!

I ain't afraid if no byropsis.

Bweenuh bweenuh bweee, nuh nuh nuh nuh.

• Like 3

Well ****s about to hit the fan don't get a tang get a law mower blenny or something that's smaller

Black sail fin mollies once converted to SW will eat bryopsis

• Like 1