SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

:slap: :slap: :slap:

Oh don't make me come over there!

Oh. I suppose I am in a couple of weeks. Hehhehe. I will be very torn between kidnapping the puppy the cheesecake goddess, the fraglet or the reef. Hehhehehhe. Somebody is going home with me fo sho. #fromthebar

• Like 2

Oh. I suppose I am in a couple of weeks. Hehhehe. I will be very torn between kidnapping the puppy the cheesecake goddess, the fraglet or the reef. Hehhehehhe. Somebody is going home with me fo sho. #fromthebar

I'm trying to petition for the owner of the other two golden's to be present for the party so you get maximum golden lovin. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.

• Like 2

Good morning. No hangover yay.

So this frag of red hornets has been a thorn in my side forever. It keeps getting a persistent patch of algae no matter what I do including a 100% undiluted peroxide dip. I've never encountered bryopsis but I am thinking this might be it.

The appearance of the algae is delicate and feathery, the feathers have a spine.

20131005_112801.jpg

Thoughts? If it is bryopsis, why is peroxide not helping?

If it is bryopsis, what should I do to fix it?

jedimaster1138

Did someone say Golden Puppy?

IMG_2460_zps47ffd400.jpg

IMG_20130925_113828_zps8987370f.jpg

IMG_20130922_193825_zps4f7e7e18.jpg

Note in the last picture the insane glow...that's what 8x T5 bulbs do :) I don't need to turn on the living room lights anymore. heh

• Like 10
Tomorrow we will be ruthless in the ZOA garden.
Looks like bryopsis to me. I would toss that frag. One tiny spec gets in the tank and all hell breaks lose. You know the treatment if it spreads in the tank and it is a long battle. Wishing the best for you.

I got it once from a Vortech wetside. I even soaked the wetside in 100% vinegar. It was a biotch to get rid of. Especially in a 75 gallon tank.

Kent Tech-M, for LIFE.

I treated with the Kent Mg and all went away, went back to my Brightwell's and it's coming back. This stuff needs very little nutrients to live thrive!

• Like 3
Kent Tech-M, for LIFE.

I treated with the Kent Mg and all went away, went back to my Brightwell's and it's coming back. This stuff needs very little nutrients to live thrive!

No problems to SPS? I did Kent Tech M on my LPS system with no problems. I raised my mag to 1950 and left it there for 6 weeks.
No problems to SPS? I did Kent Tech M on my LPS system with no problems. I raised my mag to 1950 and left it there for 6 weeks.

Nope. I was between 2000-2100 for about 6 weeks and nothing was bothered.

• Like 2

I get briopsis from time to time, but it honestly never spreads. It springs up in a patch about the size f yours and disappears a few weeks later. I got it from my gulfliverock.