Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Paandemonium

A tang would call out the POlice big time. Get a baby manatee instead

I second this motion, you may also want to look into dwarf Nile crocodiles for a little extra shock and awe when people visit.

• Like 3

Would it help if your removed as much as possible and crazy glue right over it. I was just wondering if that would work?... But I have similar problem with my candy cane. No algae anywhere except skeleton around heads. Not sure why is that....

Sorry for such a late post lol it just crossed my mind as I was looking at my hairy candy cane

I see your hairy cane :huh: and I raise you a peroxide dip. Your cane will be hairy no mo. :huh:

I am afraid that I could screw that up. Never used that stuff before :( heard about some great results from guys who used that tho

New bottle of peroxide.

50% tank water, 50% peroxide in a cup.

Dip coral for a minimum of 3 minutes

Rinse in tank water in a separate container and return to tank. The GHA should be gone in 3 days.

Be sure to rince before putting in the tank, the cleaner shrimp cannot tolerate peroxide.

• Like 3

metro in my opinion thats a bulb going out. the ballasts always lasted a long time for me but its possible a ballast issue is there as well. hellolights.com has nice aftermarket ballasts so you dont have to replace the whole unit if a bulb swap doesnt fix. i give a 75% chance a bulb swap w fix

about the invader! im a one trick pony :)

so try all other methods first the adage goes

and then, try 35%

for you to have an invader that wont resolve with 3% is no tactical surprise to me. the only thing I personally use it for is to clean up salt creep on a damp papertowel around my lid area. 3% is 99% of the active ingredient on both large peroxide threads simply because first time treaters typically have good results with it, with safe tank applications vs 35% that you have to be -careful- with regarding your own safety and your tanks...some of the reported no-kills in the peroxide threads are with 3% and we just let it go to the wayside and they moved onto other methods. I didnt really want to have a huge amount of 35% work going on or the tank crashing would begin lol and a goal for the threads was control of collateral loss even above that of target kills which were incidental if they did occur. the main goal was safety for the rest of your tank and 35% is far easier to mess up with.

but its still all I use inside my pico for a reason, raw power. it works when done right. Ill never use 3% again, total waste of time imo.

but for the inside, I got tired of red gelidium growing back on 3% and so I moved to 35% maybe a yr and a half ago and I simply burn them harder and they are now truly gone.

it took almost a year of repeats every 2-3 mos on 35% to kill my tank's adapted invader, red gelidium

most would have given up after 5 decrying the method, but there are only so many holdfasts to re pop, the originals certainly weren't coming back after a treatment it was always some collateral growths I had missed that were still potentiated within the rock.

so my offer to you is, first of all I dont see any invader in your full tank shot have you macro'd a tiny spec for us to freak out on :)

secondly, if it is something you have and want gone try anything else first and then if all fails, lets go to the health store and get some 35% peroxide that people add to their baths etc. and we'll party everclear style. thats my take!

B

• Like 1

Thank you Brandon. As of right now I have culled all frags that showed any hint of bryposis. I'm also dosing Kent Kech M.

I'll take pictures soon. The zoa garden is still lush but has some bald spots. OMG I need to shop.

• Like 1

using a 100% for sure control measure is ideal when possible I would have considered that option in my own tank as well. can't save em all sometimes. thats why I couldnt see anything in your fts! looks exceptional nice going