Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Doing what old people do. Rving and wasting time in a rocking chair. :)

LOL!! There's a lot of truth in this.... Just got back from a camping trip where we had our annual Halloween bash. Didn't sit in a rocking chair, but I did sit around a nice cozy campfire!

As for the fish and the tank?? Everything is pretty well automated so they are doing well

• Like 3

Man, if all Aiptasia where bright green like that, they may not be considered such a nuisance. What that says about the Zoanthids in the picture, though...

:lol::slap:

LOL!! There's a lot of truth in this.... Just got back from a camping trip where we had our annual Halloween bash. Didn't sit in a rocking chair, but I did sit around a nice cozy campfire! As for the fish and the tank?? Everything is pretty well automated so they are doing well

Almost time to put the Christmas hats on the clown fish again.
  • Like 2
:lol::slap:Almost time to put the Christmas hats on the clown fish again.
We doing the exchange again this year? If so I am running it with rules :). No one will get screwed over this year.

We doing the exchange again this year? If so I am running it with rules :). No one will get screwed over this year.

Let's just all get together and buy Kat a new tank. Then it's like Christmas for everyone

• Like 3
I don't know Lawn. My secret Santa never appeared and then when he did he went over board with gifts. I was embarrassed.
Wait you got gifts? Only thing I ever received was false hope.
  • Like 2

I'll have to join this year.

Go for it.

• Like 2
Let's just all get together and buy Kat a new tank. Then it's like Christmas for everyone
Kat doesn't want a new tank. I could see a nice wide 48 though. Big ole sumpy :)
  • Like 1

Online Secret Santa always looks like fun, but then I remember I'm forgetful and would never remember to pickup and mail a gift so I'd end up on the lame gift/no gift giver list and I don't want that.

The secret Santa thread was pretty active, a constant reminder. Also the organizer can ping people if the intended recipient has not received anything.

Some didn't get gifts because the Santa vanished. Personal stuff can come up.

The secret Santa thread was pretty active, a constant reminder. Also the organizer can ping people if the intended recipient has not received anything.Some didn't get gifts because the Santa vanished. Personal stuff can come up.
This Santa won't vanish! I am going to make this one the best yet. I like giving its what I do. :)
Have to go through insurance.
Turn the water back on then :). Make sure to flood the WHOLE floor. This will prevent a patch job and insure a WHOLE new floor :).

I am for hire I also work for frags.

• Like 4

It gets complicated because the building is old and the Parke used is not available anymore. Ironically I had the same leak 4 years ago. To add to it, there are no dividers between rooms, it is one large floor. And that means a LOT of floor.

Online Secret Santa always looks like fun, but then I remember I'm forgetful and would never remember to pickup and mail a gift so I'd end up on the lame gift/no gift giver list and I don't want that.

I thought that's what I was for? B) (To take care of the stuff you forget about or can't take care of because work stuff.)

• Like 2
It gets complicated because the building is old and the Parke used is not available anymore. Ironically I had the same leak 4 years ago. To add to it, there are no dividers between rooms, it is one large floor. And that means a LOT of floor.
Flooring is expensive I know that. Cost me 4600 for my downstairs in materials and 1200 for my closet. Downstairs was the worst because I had to move the tank to do it.
Flooring is expensive I know that. Cost me 4600 for my downstairs in materials and 1200 for my closet. Downstairs was the worst because I had to move the tank to do it.
I feel your pain. I have numbers and estimates that are painful to look at.

Tank looks great, kat, as always :)
Thanks Doc. How are you doing over in the Carolinas?