Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

ya think ? :Ddsc1192j.jpg
Yup, you've come a long way from plastic decorations baby. I'll take full credit for it if you don't mind.

Zeph, you mentioned the macros are probably feeding the clams. I say to you, the macros are probably keeping the iron from the pathogens that kill clams.

We are both right. But know I do dose iron in that tank, mostly for the macro but also to test the clams. Which do better and grow faster in there then any of my others tanks.

Live mysis culture

dsc1194p.jpg

55 gal. extra caulerpa grow out

dsc1193n.jpg

You pay Chris rent for another day on the front page? :)

Haters gonna hate! Most likely he is very busy with the site upgrade tweaks and it's been delayed a day. He had mentioned that the TOTM format had to be altered with the new site so it could be a formatting issue.

I'll get more, sorry.

No worries, I was thinking of getting the culture disk of it from Florida Aqua farms. I'm also headed to MA saturday morning BTW.

Oh don't be mad, you just missed last nights party mode with IIX and 1reefluv. They cleaned up the thread. :wub:

Kat I said I was sorry member:/

Uh huh, see I put the lovey dovey thing there for ya.

[quote name="metrokat" post

Uh huh, see I put the lovey dovey thing there for ya.i feel the love now, kinda like bicker & on the couch for the night... Just the night tho<3

jedimasterben

No worries, I was thinking of getting the culture disk of it from Florida Aqua farms. I'm also headed to MA saturday morning BTW.

I've actually got a disk here that I need to use to get my culture going again. i got all my beakers and the air pump and splitters, I just need airline tubing now.

Good morning.

ALK was 10.9 with Calcium at 400 last night.

I'm in range, Calcium is still lower than I like it to be, I'm okay with the ALK where it is as long as it does not go higher.

What now?

I wouldn't do anything. If you can keep it there, then huzzah!

I've actually got a disk here that I need to use to get my culture going again. i got all my beakers and the air pump and splitters, I just need airline tubing now.

I wouldn't do anything. If you can keep it there, then huzzah!

You got the Isocrysis?

Deleted User 3

Hey guys.. do you think my clown goby is going to get bigger? lol. shes basically the same size as when I got her.. and that was like two months ago now, which in that time i could tell a difference in my clowns, does feeding make a difference? She tries to eat the pellets but cant, so if i only do that, she doesn't get fed that time. So I have to use the FD Daphnia, or frozen, and even then she doesn't eat too much. I'd try something different but funds are nil at the moment, do they eat pods? I haven't seen any in my tank in months, but possibly since she's small she can find some. No SPS have missing polyps just an fyi lol.

All fish eat pods but frozen brine or mysis is a better food than pellets. Hikari or other brands of frozen mysis costs under $5 for a 3.5 oz pack.

A fresh clam from the grocery store should be about $1. Get them to cut it open and give it to you on a half shell. Freeze it. Use a sharp blade to 'shave' small clam pieces, chop that up even further - very healthy, nutritious and should last for months.

Pellets are okay, but mysis or other foods are a better option.

Deleted User 3

She's not able to eat the pellets, but tries. I have frozen mysis and marine cuisine, I am feeding her them besides the hikaria freeze dried dapniha with she likes and are small enough, but I wish there was something I could just drop in like I do with the clowns, since they're pigs. What about small cooked but frozen shrimp from the store? if i can cut that into itty bitty peices.. I have that and feed it to sherman and my rats since they like it. Hmm.

New life spectrum has 1mm pellets which everybody in my tank goes ga ga for. When I had those bastard amphipods over taking my tank, they would scurry about with those pellets too so they are certainly small enough for an itty bitty fish.

The pellets you have can be crushed to a fine powder to feed the goby.