Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

EDIT!!!!! Just noticed the new title. Who loves ya baby???? ;)

:blush:

Looking good Kat. Seems like your corals are recovering nicely.

Grazie. Actually the tank never looked "bad", just some SPS had a bad reaction to the KALK+2 I was adding via the ATO. The SPS, in general, are doing well, growing, encrusting and all that jazz. However a few have stalled or regressed such as the pink bird.

Patback likes that pic up there. Everythin is liking nice and healthy. How's the parameters?

:)

The parameters have been holding steady with manual 2 part dosing. They have been on the low side but I went a whole week without water changes and the calcium/dkh stayed steady and even went up a little bit. I hope to get my dosers online this week.

I was not sure how I was going to fit the dosers and the gallons of 2 part and (eventually KALK) around my tank. I bundled up the wires and it is somewhat neat now. BRS sells space saver jugs which are slimmer than my ATO reservoir (originally designed to fit in the back of the tank). I found the same slim jugs at half price elsewhere. The idea is that the 2 part and KALK will be hidden behind the tank, pumping directly into the sump. Only issue I see right now is how to install the dosers on the wall - I may not have the space to hammer in the wall anchor for the screws or to be able to screw them in.

I hear you look up skirts.

:o If you're going to put smut on my thead it should at least be in focus. :angry:

Everything looks way happy. :happydance:

:) I've missed your seriousness. How are ya?

Edited by metrokat
IMG_9982.JPG

OMFG! I have not seen yer tank since you did some remodeling! Wow! Fantastic! More pics please!

mmmm? I'm now considering dumping a couple of pounds of kalk in my tank.

Edited by Spirofucci
OMFG! I have not seen yer tank since you did some remodeling! Wow! Fantastic! More pics please!

mmmm? I'm now considering dumping a couple of pounds of kalk in my tank.

Don't do it till you get Calcium and Alkalinity at optimum levels.

Nobody likes it when you keep secrets. Nobody. ;)

:lol: You want space saver jugs? You have a HOUSE.

I have 3.5 inches of clearance behind my tank!

:lol: You want space saver jugs? You have a HOUSE.

I have 3.5 inches of clearance behind my tank!

Have you seen my stand lately? Even if I don't use the 40B as a sump, I still have nearly zero room under the tank, and the missus certainly won't let me have things sitting beside it.

Your a jets fan?!

Kgoldy plz smash Kat's tank for me. :P

49er's are on a roll omgomgomg

Foosball?

3b6939a9-8888-40bb-85a5-0b1b39559c7e.jpg

I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials... and ever since they ditched the Budweiser frogs, I've been even more bored.

This is technically a request for fashion advice... So it's not "off topic". :P

Dear Fashion Lady,

I'm thinking of wearing a Morphsuit for Halloween in NYC this year. But there are so many choices! Which one should I go with??

Some examples:

suit_1.jpg

gangster.jpg

mpsb.jpg

Sincerely,

Costumed and Clueless

(P.S. Halloween in the city tends to be filthy, so I'm staying away from the white based suits.)

Edited by kgoldy
I like the pin stripes! I don't do halloween much. Usually put together something on my own. One year I was a "hot mess" (don't ask!), another time I was a junkie, another time a devil. :lol:

you can be my devil any time. ;)

also, pics.

07cf3134-fb73-47e0-8583-fd4000c7b660_400.jpg

BTW- these^

I get em at Home Depot.

Real tough. No powder. Nitrile. Bristleworm proof, and tough enough to stand up to rough liverock. I use these every time I do tank maintenance now.

Put the gloves on, and throw some small rubberbands around the wrists to keep the water out. Your hands may not be 100% dry, but the gloves won't totally flood, and your hands certainly be protected.

Double posting on my thread cuz I've been meaning to post these forever.

Just because your tank is doped up on its own slime coating means it is impervious to its own slime coating

My slime coating brings all the girls to the yard.

So THAT's how you withstand it.

Edited by uglybuckling
I like the pin stripes! I don't do halloween much. Usually put together something on my own. One year I was a "hot mess" (don't ask!), another time I was a junkie, another time a devil. :lol:

I went out as a blasphemous priest one year. I had two girls with me. One was a devil and one was an angel so they were my conscience.

I went out as a blasphemous priest one year. I had two girls with me. One was a devil and one was an angel so they were my conscience.

kat and alto. please come to florida for halloween.

you can be my devil any time. ;)

also, pics.

kat and alto. please come to florida for halloween.

:lol: Yeah, no too risque to post here.

The only way I'm going to get 1,000+ views of my DIY stand progress...post on Kat's thread...

!!! omgomgomg !!!

...ok, carry on

:slap::rolleyes:

Piggy you always have all the fun. I might consider going as a dominatrix if Zeph will wear a bunny suit and crawl on all 4s. muhahahahha. Sorry Zeph, you have to realize what a visual juxtaposition that is. Huge guy like you and peanut like me.

I bleed black and yellow Steelers all the way this is for u Kat

Stop manhandling my Jets! :angry: Does Roethlisberger still drive a Spyker?

The laws I live by only allow me to wear one costume for halloween, and Im the same thing every year. A vampire in a tuxedo. I once went as a silly clown, with a rainbow wig, big red nose and a pillow under my shirt ( girlfriend made me do it), and friends blackmailed me with pictures for the next 10 years.

Once I was the worlds greatest lover, with a suspicious buldge running all the way down my pant leg.

:D

Deleted User 3
Let's talk about this picture here. Are those Zoanthids expelling poop or Zooxanthelae?

IMG_9961.JPG

Spiro said they were nutrient poor actually.

My new ones did this, It was gross looking.

I once went as a silly clown, with a rainbow wig, big red nose and a pillow under my shirt ( girlfriend made me do it),

PICS!!!!

Once I was the worlds greatest lover, with a suspicious buldge running all the way down my pant leg.

:D

:huh: Did you come with medical insurance for putting your women in the hospital?