inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

albertthiel
Lookie yall - NEW TOYS

dsc0502bg.jpg

The only problem is the doser instructions are in Chinese!

No English ones on their website maybe?

Sounds odd that they would not include English ones ... nice looking piece of equipment though Zeph.

I'm sure you'll figure it out ...

And I think this is a video to that model

Albert

Edited by albertthiel
Nice new toys congrats!

Now take a deep breathe, set aside some time (and some beer) and tackle it!

Exactly..and maybe a spliff or 2 ( I didnt say that). The doser doesnt even have a cord to plug in...just some type of computer port. Im thinking I should have gotten a BSR doser instead, but I'll figure it out with the help of the NR crew.

Hey KK, how's things over here in HiTech land?

Hey you. Apex is working like a charm. The gravity drip wasn't set properly the day before and dumped 32oz of buffer solution in a 12 hour period, my dKH was 15, corals were outstanding! :huh:

My tank makes me very happy. How is your world?

albertthiel
Hey you. Apex is working like a charm. The gravity drip wasn't set properly the day before and dumped 32oz of buffer solution in a 12 hour period, my dKH was 15, corals were outstanding! :huh:

15 ... a tad high BUT is the coral look outstanding I guess they "like" it ....

How's your pH after all that buffer was added if I may ask ?

Albert

Oh no! Atleast they looked good. Do you think the sps your sending me would be alright going up and down and then shipping to my tank?

Oh no! Atleast they looked good. Do you think the sps your sending me would be alright going up and down and then shipping to my tank?

yes, they are actually looking really happy. I did a water change when the dkh was high, but if you listen to Zeph, high dkh is good. he keeps his at 11.

Just read over the last 5 pages Kat, Sorry to see you betta fish went to heven.

Im glad your getting the water chem worked out. at least corals like DKH.

I always like viewing your thread. Your tank looks great Kat. :)

albertthiel
yes, they are actually looking really happy. I did a water change when the dkh was high, but if you listen to Zeph, high dkh is good. he keeps his at 11.

Indeed he does ... I posted a question about your pH but you did not respond yet Kat

Indeed he does ... I posted a question about your pH but you did not respond yet Kat

I'm thinking here pH reads just one thing --- unstable.

:P

jedimasterben

but seriously, who listens to Zeph, anyway? ;)

but seriously, who listens to Zeph, anyway? ;)

THis i like!!

... And I have figured it out.

Yall never listen at first, get 30 other opinions, change your mind 67 times, and eventually do what I very first said anyway.

When Kat told me her DKH was 15 I told her she would REALLY be fly if she could keep it there. Mine is always 10 - 11and when I get my doser and kalk reactor hooked up It will be higher...hopefully.

Edited by ZephNYC

I'm thinking here pH reads just one thing --- unstable.

i haven't checked.

Getting some purrdy frags this weekend. :happydance:

Not that I have room for them.... :slap:

But I could not resist! :P

jedimasterben
i haven't checked.

Getting some purrdy frags this weekend. :happydance:

Not that I have room for them.... :slap:

But I could not resist! :P

that just means you should send some to me. ;)

I was just sitting in front of the tank and took some random pictures with the cell phone.

Interesting marble effect caused by 2 or more coralline algaes merging or trying to out compete each other.

IMG_20120728_154826.jpg

There are 3 distinct species of the algae in that picture alone. Can you spot 2 perfectly rectangular dark shapes just below and to the left of the favia? Those are bi-valves deep inside the rock, their mouths open, these are dead unfortunately.

Charlie was very cute today :wub:

IMG_20120728_154949.jpg

Draco was cruising in the zoanthid garden. :wub:

IMG_20120728_201710.jpg

Edited by metrokat
altolamprologus

Holy blue tank batman! I'm almost certain that video damaged my eyes. Everything looks great Kat, though it does look a bit radioactive.

Holy blue tank batman! I'm almost certain that video damaged my eyes. Everything looks great Kat, though it does look a bit radioactive.

I know! the video could not capture what i am seeing. oh well. did you see the black suns?!

altolamprologus
I know! the video could not capture what i am seeing. oh well. did you see the black suns?!

Of course I did! They're amazing :wub: Have they sprouted any new heads yet?

albertthiel
I was just sitting in front of the tank and took some random pictures with the cell phone.

Nice Kat ... love it .. looks great

Albert