ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Hey Kat, following along here, just read the last 8 pages of your thread. WOW. I would like to suggest from my own experience that ionic balance and stability of parameters should be given great consideration when keeping SPS. B)

Hey Kat, following along here, just read the last 8 pages of your thread. WOW. I would like to suggest from my own experience that ionic balance and stability of parameters should be given great consideration when keeping SPS. B)

You are right Christine. I'm working towards that as best as I can.

Except for dKH, my parameters have been stable. My latest debacles have to do with trying to get this parameter in line.

Its a kalkwasser reactor!!!

looks like DIY kalk stirrer Zeph, nice job.

Kat I forgot to mention, your tank looks fab!

-_-Excuse me for bragging, but this is BIG. I mean...this is like catching a hail mary pass in the deep end with 30 seconds on the clock big.

after months of plotting, planning, and scheming..

i finally got my hands on KATS CLAM!

...and it's mine all mineeeeeee :P

bunnyi.jpg

so! This weekend was (hopefully) the last installment of corals for my tank.

I met Zeph at our LFS where we spent like an hour on their clam section, almost came home with a new clam but I was able to resist. He's going back in a couple of days, he might get the little maxima I almost bought.

Handed over Bunny the clam to Zeph. He was so happy he grew taller before my eyes. :rolleyes:

He's given me a couple of very heathy yumas, so I can have my little trio of yumas finally. And I bought the prettiest acan at the store, I think it's a rainbow. I'll try to get a picture of it in daylights, it looks pretty insane with my blue LED's on.

In all, this weekend I added

2 huge green yumas

Red planet acro

Montipora Samarensis

Green Eye Leptastrea

Spiderman Zoas

Hot pink Zoas (and I mean badabing badaboom hot pink)

Rainbow acan

I've started on a list of my corals in a spreadsheet so I'll post that in the thread index also.

Other than that it was an eventful day till the very end. :)

oh, here's Zeph and me at the LFS. It was raining, I decided to dress down for the weather :lol:

IMG_20120729_160329.jpg

Very nice tank Kat, Super blue is great color popper. Its always hard video/photo blue leds.

Thanks! IT looks so beautiful in person, I wish I had installed the lights before.

Kat I forgot to mention, your tank looks fab!

Thank you so much!

Edited by metrokat
chippwalters
Does anybody use Purigen, Phosguard, and Sea Gel all together in their tanks?

I'm using Purigen. love the stuff-- haven't used a skimmer since starting with it, but I can't get it to work in my reactor as the stuff keeps 'leaking' out into the sump, then onto the display tank. So now I just keep it in 'the Bag' and it still does a great job with ammonia, nitrites and nitrates.

When any algae starts up, I've start with Phosguard. I now am using it in my little fishies reactor (what a crap design that thing is) and it seems to work well-- keeping my Chaeto from growing in my sump.

I also have a bag of Seachem matrix carbon (I didn't realize, but I guess I use all Seachem products), also in the filter sock. It works differently from Purigen, but on the same stuff. Everything seems to work well with this setup for me.

I'm using Purigen. love the stuff-- haven't used a skimmer since starting with it, but I can't get it to work in my reactor as the stuff keeps 'leaking' out into the sump, then onto the display tank. So now I just keep it in 'the Bag' and it still does a great job with ammonia, nitrites and nitrates.

When any algae starts up, I've start with Phosguard. I now am using it in my little fishies reactor (what a crap design that thing is) and it seems to work well-- keeping my Chaeto from growing in my sump.

I also have a bag of Seachem matrix carbon (I didn't realize, but I guess I use all Seachem products), also in the filter sock. It works differently from Purigen, but on the same stuff. Everything seems to work well with this setup for me.

I'm going to use phosguard when I'm done with my jar of rowaphos.

I have purigen and CPE already.

so! This weekend was (hopefully) the last installment of corals for my tank.

I met Zeph at our LFS where we spent like an hour on their clam section, almost came home with a new clam but I was able to resist. He's going back in a couple of days, he might get the little maxima I almost bought.

Thank you so much!

Manhattan Aquariums did have some very nice, healthy looking clams. That tiny blue and gold maxima is calling my name.

bunnyi.jpg

QUESTION: Does this clam appear to have a green tint to it or is it just me? I was telling kat it has a greenish gold tint to it ( of course she said no) under my halides, and just noticed you can KIND OF tell in the pic. But its more noticeable in person.

Edited by ZephNYC
altolamprologus
QUESTION: Does this clam appear to have a green tint to it or is it just me? I was telling kat it has a greenish gold tint to it ( of course she said no) under my halides, and just noticed you can KIND OF tell in the pic. But its more noticeable in person.

Looks green to me. How did you get your hands on Kat's clam anyway?

edit: oh god, that sounds so dirty

Edited by altolamprologus
Looks green to me. How did you get your hands on Kat's clam anyway?

edit: oh god, that sounds so dirty

actually it was easier than i thought. I didnt even have to take her to dinner, just Starbucks ;)

we were talking about you Alto, but I will never tell

Edited by ZephNYC
altolamprologus
actually it was easier than i thought. I didnt even have to take her to dinner, just Starbucks ;)

Wow Kat is pretty easy. I'll have to keep that in mind :D

we were talking about you Alto, but I will never tell

Oooh do tell! What about me?

Wow Kat is pretty easy. I'll have to keep that in mind :D

Oooh do tell! What about me?

me <----whistling and twiddling thumbs

altolamprologus
me <----whistling and twiddling thumbs

Ok fine, don't tell me. I already know you guys were talking about how awesome I am and that you want to give me all your seahorses and your batfish :D

Kat, what was that big brown monstrosity next to your little pink toes? You should get zeph some new shoes if someone of your foot stature is going to be seen with him :D

Ok fine, don't tell me. I already know you guys were talking about how awesome I am and that you want to give me all your seahorses and your batfish :D

DAMM all that and brains too. Mamma mia!

Kat, what was that big brown monstrosity next to your little pink toes? You should get zeph some new shoes if someone of your foot stature is going to be seen with him :D

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

That tiny blue and gold maxima is calling my name.

:o Well. can you txt me a price before you buy it for yourself? i might want it.

Going for the 50k look? :P

:lol: I bought an accent LED strip, I am a changed woman!

Zeph is going to give us the batfish and the regal angel as a wedding present.

Ok fine, we were actually talking about pod cultures for my Mandarin. Zeph likes tigger pods and I had mentioned that you said they don't last very long because they don't hide like Tisbes do. he was trying to convince me to throw in a bottle of tigger pods in my sump. I said I would ask you first. -_-

:D I might have to, he spends all his money on clams and 300$ dinners!

:o Well. can you txt me a price before you buy it for yourself? i might want it.

:

sure thing. I will most likely just get it, and if you want it we can work something out.