inTank Media Baskets

Yeah that's on the slower SS end. You can use the foam guards. It will wipe out the flatworm population within a week; mine did. I sold it after I was done with it.

Hmmm. Maybe if the wrasse plan fails I'll look into that.

Yeah that's on the slower SS end. You can use the foam guards. It will wipe out the flatworm population within a week; mine did. I sold it after I was done with it.

I tried to keep a flatworm habitat in my pico and bought blue velvets several times for it. The slugs never lasted very long :(

Taking pictures to stay positive!

23283938823_b69f9c739a_b.jpg_RMK4285.jpg by Roger Klein, on Flickr

not sure what that little spot is at the base of that right branch...

Looks like bite marks :(

Sorry to see this Roger but you can definitely beat them.I had AEFW and monti eating nudibranch and was able to rid of them both with a combination of dips and adding a yellow melanarus wrasse. The key IMO is being able to dip the infected coral at will which in some cases meant fragging large pieces from the hard scape. You have to be very diligent during these periods and inspect the corals on nearly a daily basis for worms/eggs. But hang in there you can beat this :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Too bad I'm only here for 4 more days..... :(

The dips are stressing my hawkins though. i'm currently watching the flesh peel away.

hawkins are very sensitive, dont have a slime coat or something

Bayer does not kill smooth skin acros and is one reason most people have switched to it for dipping acros.

Sorry for the trouble Roger. :( Pests suck.

I've never had trouble with the hawkins and revive until now. I think the dip was the straw that broke the camels back after the AEFW got on the hawkins.

I've never had trouble with the hawkins and revive until now. I think the dip was the straw that broke the camels back after the AEFW got on the hawkins.

It's not, revive is not a good dip for smooth skin acros period. Look at the SPS forum over on RC, lots of experience collected with lots of hard core SPS keepers over the years. Just about everyone has to deal with AEFW at some point, even the zealots who preach dip and QT acros (like that's effing reasonable). If you are in the states and can get Bayer then it is by far the safest and most effective dip for acros.

Acros suck, care of acros sucks. That's why we like them. Thank you, can I have another? :)

• Like 4