Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How old do clowns need to be before they start spawning? Obviously I don't know exactly how old mine are, but I've had them a year and a half.

I had my clowns for 4 years before they started spawning. It took quite a while.

Yes, then I totally understand. Your school work has to be the priority. Well, clowns mate a long time. Perhaps when school is done and you are working you might like to try it?

Probably not. If it were up to me I'd get rid of the clowns entirely, and I'll never set up a reef with clownfish again.

• Like 2

I had my clowns for 4 years before they started spawning. It took quite a while.

Probably not. If it were up to me I'd get rid of the clowns entirely, and I'll never set up a reef with clownfish again.

Wow! Nice to know. I might make that a goal of mine down the road to get them to be a spawning pair. I like happy clowns!!

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Wow! Nice to know. I might make that a goal of mine down the road to get them to be a spawning pair. I like happy clowns!!

There really isn't anything you can do. They are sequential hermaphrodites, so they will become a pair no matter what, and will spawn if they feel conditions are right, but do you really want them to? They get even meaner than normal :lol:
  • Like 2

There really isn't anything you can do. They are sequential hermaphrodites, so they will become a pair no matter what, and will spawn if they feel conditions are right, but do you really want them to? They get even meaner than normal :lol:

The two clowns in my biocube are not mean to me AT ALL!! It's Andromeda, the lone b!itch in my fusion 20 who is mean!! :(

• Like 1

The two clowns in my biocube are not mean to me AT ALL!! It's Andromeda, the lone b!itch in my fusion 20 who is mean!! :(

Ato, my female was always a little testy especially to Tommy before she became his mate. However after they began spawning regularly I didn't put my hand in the tank, (and it was a 90g) without a net between her and I. I just figured she was hormonal, ha ha!

• Like 1

I am thinking that is just about the age I began seeing them start to bite on the rock to prepare an egg laying site. Then it took them a little while to settle in and spawn regularly. Eventually it became like clockwork.

My momma clown is finally letting her little husband into the anemone and I've seen them picking at/cleaning rocks! Hope they start soon... I need an excuse to culture all that food and start ANOTHER tank :lol:

• Like 3

Parents said the tank looks good. And that maintenance is way easier with the basement sump. Elegance is supposedly look much better as well. Hoping for some pictures this week!

A basement sump is the best upgrade I ever made. I did not want to drill holes in the livingroom floor as I have been contemplating a sump in the basement for years but now there are definitely no regrets. Water changes and maintenance is a breeze! I should have done it long ago.

• Like 4

Emailed a guy about a job at a PT clinic here in Boise!

He said he's interested in having me on board!

YESSS! Hopefully I get it!

PS reef cleaners pack on the way as well.

Thats awesome man congrats

• Like 1

Haven't been posting much lately, feel like I'm missing out! What's going on NR?!

Congratulations man

Thanks! If it doesn't work out, he's going to reach out to some other PT's in the area and see if they'd be willing to help me out. Boise-kindness is unprecedented...

I subscribed to you by the way :)

• Like 3

Haven't been posting much lately, feel like I'm missing out! What's going on NR?!

Thanks! If it doesn't work out, he's going to reach out to some other PT's in the area and see if they'd be willing to help me out. Boise-kindness is unprecedented...

I subscribed to you by the way :)

Thanks, I appreciate it! I can't wait for a new camera so the videos can get better. The phone camera just wasn't isn't cutting it haha.

Did you go to Boise St?

Thanks, I appreciate it! I can't wait for a new camera so the videos can get better. The phone camera just wasn't isn't cutting it haha.

Did you go to Boise St?

Nah. I already have a bachelor's in excercise physiology. I'm just getting my physical therapy assistant certification now.

• Like 1