Pod Your Reef

It's no harder than macro photography! Just don't underexpose it like I tend to do... heheh :D

Yeah, it sucks not to be able make easy fixes like exposure adjustments in post processing :)

• Like 1

Yeah, it sucks not to be able make easy fixes like exposure adjustments in post processing :)

Yeah, I didn't look at the video until I got back to Boise, and I was just like, dammmmmmmmnnnnn iittttt. hahah

• Like 1

Great video. There is just nothing better in a reef than quivering polyps and swaying tentacles.

Are your clowns getting ready to spawn? I saw them biting on the rock preparing it for egg laying.

• Like 3

Great video. There is just nothing better in a reef than quivering polyps and swaying tentacles.

Are your clowns getting ready to spawn? I saw them biting on the rock preparing it for egg laying.

They're a spawning pair. I saw a clutch back in August.
  • Like 1

They're a spawning pair. I saw a clutch back in August.

They may settle in a routine of spawning twice a month. My clowns did for the 5-6 years I had them. They were still going strong when I sold them.

• Like 1

They may settle in a routine of spawning twice a month. My clowns did for the 5-6 years I had them. They were still going strong when I sold them.

I meant that's when I first noticed they started. They spawned while I was home for Christmas too.

• Like 2

It'd be hard to do that, I'm not home. I'm back in school.

Yes, then I totally understand. Your school work has to be the priority. Well, clowns mate a long time. Perhaps when school is done and you are working you might like to try it?

Yes, then I totally understand. Your school work has to be the priority. Well, clowns mate a long time. Perhaps when school is done and you are working you might like to try it?

How old do clowns need to be before they start spawning? Obviously I don't know exactly how old mine are, but I've had them a year and a half.

• Like 1

How old do clowns need to be before they start spawning? Obviously I don't know exactly how old mine are, but I've had them a year and a half.

I am thinking that is just about the age I began seeing them start to bite on the rock to prepare an egg laying site. Then it took them a little while to settle in and spawn regularly. Eventually it became like clockwork.
  • Like 1