Top Shelf Aquatics

TheKleinReef

23508220103_5e1a8a2ccf_b.jpgFTS 12-28 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

Rescaping turned out to be a massive disaster. pretty much took 10 seconds to knock off the entire red cap colony. :( I tried my best to re mount the beast but it snapped in two during that ordeal. As a result I mounted a large section of it near the green cap on the left side of the tank. I also boosted up that rock by adding in a piece of real reef rock underneath. I like how it's now taller than the island in the foreground. The other piece is still on the center island, which got a 6" lift and a cave constructed underneath to allow more routes for the fish to take. The corals on the sand bed really irritate me, but I didn't really have anywhere else to put them. :(

I also took out 3 anemones, which actually kick started this whole ordeal.

• Like 8

23508220103_5e1a8a2ccf_b.jpgFTS 12-28 by Roger Klein, on Flickr Rescaping turned out to be a massive disaster. pretty much took 10 seconds to knock off the entire red cap colony. :( I tried my best to re mount the beast but it snapped in two during that ordeal. As a result I mounted a large section of it near the green cap on the left side of the tank. I also boosted up that rock by adding in a piece of real reef rock underneath. I like how it's now taller than the island in the foreground. The other piece is still on the center island, which got a 6" lift and a cave constructed underneath to allow more routes for the fish to take. The corals on the sand bed really irritate me, but I didn't really have anywhere else to put them. :(I also took out 3 anemones, which actually kick started this whole ordeal.

Don't be so hard on yourself. The tank still looks pretty good to me.
  • Like 1
TheKleinReef

Tank looks amazing. Hows ur wrasse doing? I had to sell mine because it ate all the snails and kicked sand all over mu corals. Yours better behaved?

As far as I know he's a model citizen. I haven't seen him pick at the pests though.

Don't be so hard on yourself. The tank still looks pretty good to me.

Thanks man, It was just frustrating not being able to mount the monti again, I've had the monti growing on that rock undisturbed for over a year and one carless smack and it went crack**

• Like 1

As far as I know he's a model citizen. I haven't seen him pick at the pests though.

Thanks man, It was just frustrating not being able to mount the monti again, I've had the monti growing on that rock undisturbed for over a year and one carless smack and it went crack**

Yeah, I get your frustration about that. Well, maybe it will grow into an even better formation than what it was.
  • Like 2
TheKleinReef

I debated on dropping the front left island down but the flowerpot is attached to it, so I decided to leave it. The glass is messy, but oh well. I'm sure my parents will clean it up. They're better with it than I am. Haha

Katropora is king of the hill.

I like the new scape, looks good!

She sure is! Hopefully it does well a bit closer to the lights.

New scape looks good!

Thanks arce! Did you decide if you're gonna sump that awesome tank of yours?

Yeah, I get your frustration about that. Well, maybe it will grow into an even better formation than what it was.

That's the plan! The middle monti was not cooperating and I ran out of super glue so it's sort of just balancing there. :/

• Like 1

that's about how it goes for me too- go to do a little rearranging and then the whole thing goes to hell?. tank looks great though- you have lots of coral in there ?

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

I saw that earlier today, stunning looking piece. The last picture in particular, I love that pastel neon blue/green tinge on the tips.

I knowwww it's gorgeous.

I need more sps. My next tank will be sps dominant. I can't wait.

• Like 2

Dang- that's some of the best video I've seen on here- what did you shoot that with? Tanks looking fantastic!

Thanks!

Nikon D610 w/ 105mm macro

I botched the full tank view at the end though, too dark.

• Like 2