Top Shelf Aquatics

turkey baste it with pumps off, the FW in the water column will get eaten by the fish

Can't I grab a small diameter tubing and suck them out?

Dont do that. Take it out and bayer dip it. Blowing them around will just spread to other colonies if your fish dont gobble them up.

When i had just bought my hammer and other lps from a local, they were literally covered in flats. Bayer dipped and scrubbed the skeleton havent seen them since.

That's what I did to the elegance. I still see a few in there. But I have a dip batch mixing now.

Can't I grab a small diameter tubing and suck them out?

That's what I did to the elegance. I still see a few in there. But I have a dip batch mixing now.

how much bayer are you using. I used like 3 ml to 100 ml water. Literally all died off. 10-15 minutes.

Make sure you turkey baste and blow them off while in the dip, also rinse them in another batch of clean water nd swirl it around to knock off any left overs. Some may just get stunned by the dip or stuck within the skeleton so you have to blow them off in the clean batch of water and while in the dip.

Problem is you probably have them in your sand and rock, it will have to be a process to remove them. :unsure::(

• Like 1

oh great. just beat flatworms in my tank a month ago. about to get some frags from klein. anyone got any advice for someone with no QT that will be getting frags from this system? (katropora, stag, and some zoos I think). I have coral rx at home, and I do have flatwork exit, should I dip these coral directly into flatworm exit prior to going into my tank?

He said he will include a wrasse with all his orders =P.

hilarious. believe it or not, my target mandarin took care of most of mine. they weren't that red nasty type he had though, they were the tiny tiny clearish ones that don't get square looking/have that third tail in the middle.

jedimasterben

Thanks! The low ISO gives crystal clear images. I just needed to be more patient with picture taking. Hah

+1, but it significantly reduces the amount of light in the photos, so usually need to use a slower shutter speed to make up for it. Great for photos of corals with the pumps off, can basically take all the time you want :D

• Like 2

Dont do that. Take it out and bayer dip it. Blowing them around will just spread to other colonies if your fish dont gobble them up.

When i had just bought my hammer and other lps from a local, they were literally covered in flats. Bayer dipped and scrubbed the skeleton havent seen them since.

yea but he said he can't take it out for a dip

hilarious. believe it or not, my target mandarin took care of most of mine. they weren't that red nasty type he had though, they were the tiny tiny clearish ones that don't get square looking/have that third tail in the middle.

Your frags have been dipped twice since fragging them. But I totally understand if you want to back out. I don't blame you at all. I haven't seen any flatworms on the sps. Just the elegance, mushrooms and flowerpot.

+1, but it significantly reduces the amount of light in the photos, so usually need to use a slower shutter speed to make up for it. Great for photos of corals with the pumps off, can basically take all the time you want :D

Hence the 1/2" shutter speed for most of those shots.

Oh didnt see that part.

Probably gonna dip the whole rock.

If they were on ur lps then yea those are the smothering kind.

I have a DSLR pic of them, but I haven't off loaded it yet.

I'm just glad they're not AEFW. I closely inspected the SPS, no bite marks, no worms or eggs.

arghhh. merry christmas to me!

Here's them in the tank on the elegance a few minutes before a dip:

23507325459_e3ca3a5e98_b.jpgelegance 12/20 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

might have AEFW too. Arce pointed the bite marks out to me, sure enough 5 worms popped off.

Not sure what to do.

suharsonoi 12/20 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

Cut everything, Dip and repeat weekly.

When i had FW, this is what i did. Cut everything from the rock, remove rock and scrape all encrusting parts off. Dip everything and throw it back on the rack. While it was dipping i blew off all the rocks and inspected for eggs. Repeat the whole process every week to try to kill their reproductive cycle.

17836175461_78ddaacd40.jpgDSCN0664 by justin arce, on Flickr

• Like 2

probably not going to make my parents do that. Might just save what I can and pitch the rest.

Theres no point doing that if you dont continuously dip. Whats not infected will easily become infected if not treated. They will lay eggs and live near the rock where it encrusts so if you just chuck the coral they can still be in your rock or even sand if it got blown around.

Theres no point doing that if you dont continuously dip. Whats not infected will easily become infected if not treated. They will lay eggs and live near the rock where it encrusts so if you just chuck the coral they can still be in your rock or even sand if it got blown around.

Then this tank might just get shut down. I'm here for 6 more days, and the last thing I'm going to do is complicate everything even more by adding all that stress onto my parents, who wanted this as simple as possible in the first place.

Hey man, with these new developments can u please cancel my order. Sorry!!! I hope Kat can put me back on the list to get from her.

not a problem, man. I don't blame you.

Sorry about this.

Then this tank might just get shut down. I'm here for 6 more days, and the last thing I'm going to do is complicate everything even more by adding all that stress onto my parents, who wanted this as simple as possible in the first place.

:(

Everything was looking healthy wasn't it? Why not just ride it out and see what happens before breaking everything apart and chucking out a ton of coral. Wrasse it up.

I'm not going to rip pit down, just going to dip as much as possible, get a wrasse, and maybe try FW exit.

Hey man, I'm sorry u are having this issue!! Glad you caught it though, for my sake at least. Have a happy holiday!

I'll try.

Everything was looking healthy wasn't it? Why not just ride it out and see what happens before breaking everything apart and chucking out a ton of coral. Wrasse it up.

I agree. The tank looks great and who knows how long you had the flatworm problem. Get a couple of wrasse and ride this out.