Pod Your Reef

Deleted User 4

With such short ramp times you should just have the lights turn on. haha. You don't get the affect that ramping is supposed to provide.

No, the new controller works differently. You see the ramp times I provided?? It increases by only 1% for every 30sec-2min for instance.

So 1pm it starts at 1%, 1%, 1% and at ramp time of 2min 30secs, it goes up by another 1,1,1 meaning 2%,2%,2%.

Do you get what I mean?

With such short ramp times you should just have the lights turn on. haha. You don't get the affect that ramping is supposed to provide.

So it gets maxed at around 2pm ish. for the 1pm schedule.

1pm. W 11%

B 19%

RB 15%

Ramp time: 2 minutes 30 secs

Deleted User 4

oh ok

Yeah, it took me awhile to figure it out. Because people with the old controllers were telling me ramp times beyond the limit where I tried dialing into my controller but it wouldn't let aahah. The max ramp time I can dial in is 8min. From 5secs to 8min. I can put 30secs but I can't put 30min....it goes like this on the display. 0:30 for 30 secs, and 1:05 for 1min and 5secs.

I tried doing this: 30:00 and it wouldn't workk ahahah. 8:00 is the max, meaning 8min for each 1% increment increase.

I have a 30 min ramp and than full light for 11 hours than 30 min ramp down, 1 AI Vega and 1 SOL blue and all my sps are loving it and their colors are brighter than when I had it on a sunset and sunrise setting with 10 time point increments. Once my corals were acclimated to the lights, they can take 100% but I wouldnt recommend doing it right away, and also my tank is a 55 and lights are 4.5 inches off the water and my tank is 19 inches deep, with my sps at approx 15 inches from the light. Personally I think the ramps are kind of redundant but nice if going for a natural sunrise and sunset pattern

Anyone know if the controller data cables are just normal 3.5mm audio cables? I want to get a small cable to span between the 2. Right now I have like over a foot of extra cable in between.

• 2 weeks later...

Placed my order :D :D :D

ended up getting it locally because UPS is lame and would charge me $300 easily just in duty.

so now the question is, anyone know how to mount the nano without hanging it from the celing (10ft celing, in a condo so the roof is concrete, don't want the lights falling in the tank..lol) anddd i have a aquaclear 110...i'm thinking about two J shaped long brackets made from copper piping, and a piece of aluminum strip connecting the two that the light will mount onto....

or i'm thinking about something like this? anyone know how to make it (or buy it somewhere?)

6366071859_08b9fcb783_z.jpg

did you just replace the original screws with the same thread with hooks?

nice btw

Okay here's a link:

http://www.aquacave.com/Aqua-Illuminations...-P3688C378.aspx

I think this will really help me. I can't hang anything from the ceiling and I really don't like the arms for the rails. The arms just barely lift the module above the tank. With this EXT thing, the height is adjustable.

I built something similar using 80/20 and a floor stand. Wanted to option to move the light around easily. I'll take pics as soon as my tank is moved to its new stand.

Deleted User 4

20130205_185147_zps8aa3e7c3.jpg

20130205_191900_zps0404f118.jpg

the Radion be gone, the Sols instead

What's your lighting schedule?

did you just replace the original screws with the same thread with hooks?

nice btw

That's jacob's tank.

i just did. i'm not sure if it happens on the older controller, but for anyone with the new controller write down your intensities before you update. lost all of mine but good thing i had them writen down in my phone.

a new feature now tho is the use of time zones, so i'm not even using my settings anymore. you can set the max intensities and it will mimic the weather in the caribbean, phillipines, great barrier reef etc. so i'm giving that a shot. looks pretty cool when you do the 24hr test run.

the new layout for the new controller is cool too. alot better than before. i noticed the email said that now you can run the new controller to a sol wireless....but i can't find anywhere to buy the wireless adapter still?

wireless is still not out yet they just made the mode available so it has to be coming very soon

also Im happy they incorporated the features on all the lights so no one gets left out really

I will have to play with cloud coverage today sounds cool but I really just want them to release director already

Would the AI nano be enough to keep SPS on a Marine Nuvo 30?

hmm I think you will have mixed results

new firmware is out again %are back and you wont lose your settings this time

hmm I think you will have mixed results

new firmware is out again %are back and you wont lose your settings this time

That's nice to know, I had to go back to the old version I kept losing my schedules, I had to re-do my schedules 4 times total.

I may try the newest update.

No, the new controller works differently. You see the ramp times I provided?? It increases by only 1% for every 30sec-2min for instance.

So 1pm it starts at 1%, 1%, 1% and at ramp time of 2min 30secs, it goes up by another 1,1,1 meaning 2%,2%,2%.

Do you get what I mean?

So it gets maxed at around 2pm ish. for the 1pm schedule.

1pm. W 11%

B 19%

RB 15%

Ramp time: 2 minutes 30 secs

I'm sorry but this is just bad information. The timer shows hours:minutes, not minutes:seconds. So 2:30 = 2 hours and 30 minutes.

8 hours is the max ramp time, not 8 minutes. The reason you can't put 30:00 is that would be a 30 hour ramp and would obviously overlap another timer.

Anyone know if the controller data cables are just normal 3.5mm audio cables? I want to get a small cable to span between the 2. Right now I have like over a foot of extra cable in between.

BTW they are. I ordered a cheap retractable cable from amazon for like $2.

• Like 1

So does anyone know if the vega pucks would fit in a nano? They seem to have the same number of LEDs. I would understand I couldn't color the extra colors but I want to add at least a red and green led to my nano.

So does anyone know if the vega pucks would fit in a nano? They seem to have the same number of LEDs. I would understand I couldn't color the extra colors but I want to add at least a red and green led to my nano.

Nope. The nano LEDs are soldered to the board and don't come out. You could always swap them out. People have done it.

I'd LOVE to see a full spectrum nano. I'd buy 2 for sure.

joel sandoman

Nope. The nano LEDs are soldered to the board and don't come out. You could always swap them out. People have done it. I'd LOVE to see a full spectrum nano. I'd buy 2 for sure.

Do you have a link to how to do that?

ultimate sps only

Aqua Illuminations Club

I have seen some other clubs out there and after doing some digging I didn’t see any clubs for AI LEDS. I just wanted to through this out there for anyone that may have any Aqua Illumination led’s or would just want to chime in about them. PICS are always welcome and encouraged!!!

I also wanted to say that I am NOT affiliated with Aqua Illuminations. I just really like there Products!

Ill kick things off…

I had a 45g cube setup from Marineland with the AI SOL BLUE LED’s and controller. This was a incredible light! I just sold the old setup and now am going with a 120G Marineland setup and I have 3 SOL BLUES to light this big boy up. There is a new fixture called the VEGA and it should be released very soon. Just a waiting game now… The SOLs are going to sell for $400 and the Vega will sell for $500.

OLD 45g Setup with the AI SOL BLUE

tank.jpg

Here is a list of the current members as of 3/09/2012. Click on the members name to see there builds with Aqua Illumination lights!

Saltwatercoral Old setup 1 SOL

$ Pit 3 Black SOL BLUE'S

SouthFlorida_TRON 1 SOL BioCube14 (Retired)

SouthFlorida_TRON 1 SOL Custom Rimless Pico

Adam_T 1 NANO

ajgouty 1 SOL

Naturalreef 1 NANO

CruzH20polo 2 SOL

Wolfador 1 NANO

Karisma 1 NANO

Calvin415 1 SOL

tristanschlueter 1 SOL

jacobnano 1 SOL

William 1 SOL

rbaby 1 NANO

TheMac86 1 SOL

Misfortune 1 NANO

ayobreezie 1 NANO

JDK 1 NANO

pschom 1 SOL

rrcg50 2 SOL

james.tsai 1 SOL

sammer 1 NANO

SynRG 1 NANO

summitwynds 2 SOL over 75 + 1 NANO over 5.5

JNA_DESIGN 1 SOL

10gnano 1 SOL

p-daddy 1 SOL over 50 and 1 NANO over BC

tpallas 1 SOL

ermartin 2 SOL BLUE (BLACK VER)

CONSTANTNE 2 SOL BLUE

fishinmonkey 1 SOL BLUE (BLACK VER)

acropora1981 1 SOL BLUE

alaskan84 2 SOL BLUES

reefkeeper2 12 SOL BLUES

DreTheReefer 1 SOL BLUE

rbokros 1 NANO BLUE

vyky 2 SOL BLUES

Trainer262 1 BLACK AND BLUE SOL

spanko 1 SOL BLUE

chadfarmer 5 SOL BLUES

lkoechle 1 SOL BLUE

hecsrt-4 1 SOL BLUE

AustinV90 1 SOL BLUE

mavjoy 1 SOL BLUE

gupebreedr 2 SOL BLUES

unhandleable 1 NANO BLUE

Hognoxious 1 NANO BLUE

jmifland 2 NANO BLUES

jaysauce 2 NANO BLUES

415 reefer 2 NANO BLUES

ArloGut 1 NANO BLUE

Raphael Bonzanini 4 SOL BLUES

Raphael Bonzanini 1 NANO BLUE

mic209 1 NANO BLUE

mpsti05 1 SOL BLUE

joshclovis 1 NANO BLUE

gmod 1 SOL BLUE

chadti99 1 NANO BLUE

leicalux 1 NANO BLUE

wyattroa 1 SOL BLUE

nickfd3s 1 NANO BLUE

Chris George 1 SOL BLUE

Allenmay8 1 NANO BLUE

reesestewww 1 NANO BLUE

Authentic 1 NANO BLUE

jbb_00 1 NANO BLUE

cityhunter 1 NANO BLUE

xenon 1 NANO BLUE

HDreef 1 SOL BLUE

Flexin5 1 SOL BLUE

noob-reefer 1 SOL BLUE

liohoug 1 NANO BLUE

Chris George 1 SOL BLUE

leicalux 1NANO BLUE

hey add me!!!!!! lol ive got the sol nano love this thing with the controller! got picks up in another post!

ultimate sps only

Aqua Illuminations Club

I have seen some other clubs out there and after doing some digging I didn’t see any clubs for AI LEDS. I just wanted to through this out there for anyone that may have any Aqua Illumination led’s or would just want to chime in about them. PICS are always welcome and encouraged!!!

I also wanted to say that I am NOT affiliated with Aqua Illuminations. I just really like there Products!

Ill kick things off…

I had a 45g cube setup from Marineland with the AI SOL BLUE LED’s and controller. This was a incredible light! I just sold the old setup and now am going with a 120G Marineland setup and I have 3 SOL BLUES to light this big boy up. There is a new fixture called the VEGA and it should be released very soon. Just a waiting game now… The SOLs are going to sell for $400 and the Vega will sell for $500.

OLD 45g Setup with the AI SOL BLUE

tank.jpg

Here is a list of the current members as of 3/09/2012. Click on the members name to see there builds with Aqua Illumination lights!

Saltwatercoral Old setup 1 SOL

$ Pit 3 Black SOL BLUE'S

SouthFlorida_TRON 1 SOL BioCube14 (Retired)

SouthFlorida_TRON 1 SOL Custom Rimless Pico

Adam_T 1 NANO

ajgouty 1 SOL

Naturalreef 1 NANO

CruzH20polo 2 SOL

Wolfador 1 NANO

Karisma 1 NANO

Calvin415 1 SOL

tristanschlueter 1 SOL

jacobnano 1 SOL

William 1 SOL

rbaby 1 NANO

TheMac86 1 SOL

Misfortune 1 NANO

ayobreezie 1 NANO

JDK 1 NANO

pschom 1 SOL

rrcg50 2 SOL

james.tsai 1 SOL

sammer 1 NANO

SynRG 1 NANO

summitwynds 2 SOL over 75 + 1 NANO over 5.5

JNA_DESIGN 1 SOL

10gnano 1 SOL

p-daddy 1 SOL over 50 and 1 NANO over BC

tpallas 1 SOL

ermartin 2 SOL BLUE (BLACK VER)

CONSTANTNE 2 SOL BLUE

fishinmonkey 1 SOL BLUE (BLACK VER)

acropora1981 1 SOL BLUE

alaskan84 2 SOL BLUES

reefkeeper2 12 SOL BLUES

DreTheReefer 1 SOL BLUE

rbokros 1 NANO BLUE

vyky 2 SOL BLUES

Trainer262 1 BLACK AND BLUE SOL

spanko 1 SOL BLUE

chadfarmer 5 SOL BLUES

lkoechle 1 SOL BLUE

hecsrt-4 1 SOL BLUE

AustinV90 1 SOL BLUE

mavjoy 1 SOL BLUE

gupebreedr 2 SOL BLUES

unhandleable 1 NANO BLUE

Hognoxious 1 NANO BLUE

jmifland 2 NANO BLUES

jaysauce 2 NANO BLUES

415 reefer 2 NANO BLUES

ArloGut 1 NANO BLUE

Raphael Bonzanini 4 SOL BLUES

Raphael Bonzanini 1 NANO BLUE

mic209 1 NANO BLUE

mpsti05 1 SOL BLUE

joshclovis 1 NANO BLUE

gmod 1 SOL BLUE

chadti99 1 NANO BLUE

leicalux 1 NANO BLUE

wyattroa 1 SOL BLUE

nickfd3s 1 NANO BLUE

Chris George 1 SOL BLUE

Allenmay8 1 NANO BLUE

reesestewww 1 NANO BLUE

Authentic 1 NANO BLUE

jbb_00 1 NANO BLUE

cityhunter 1 NANO BLUE

xenon 1 NANO BLUE

HDreef 1 SOL BLUE

Flexin5 1 SOL BLUE

noob-reefer 1 SOL BLUE

liohoug 1 NANO BLUE

Chris George 1 SOL BLUE

leicalux 1NANO BLUE

here is my build thread all built around my sol nano http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/321024-8-gallon-jbj-nano-sps-pro-build/#entry4204772