inTank Media Baskets

I wasn't, but I ended up playing with a couple Kessil A350's in an LFS and wasn't too thrilled with the color blend. It's an awesome light, but factoring in everything upgrading the SOL makes the most sense. Gonna be fun to mess with all the settings.

I signed up for the 'list' does that mean they will email me when available and I pay then? I'm assuming the SOL controller won't work with the vega upgrade??

yep and we gotta get the new controller
ultimate sps only

EddieC your online posting on other posts having trouble finding that link?

I will leave it at that. Hopefully you will stop criticizing peoples adds unless its really neccesary and you have proof to back it up I was really hoping i was going to be able to buy a new ai nano with the controller for under 300 in the future

joel sandoman

I think he was talking about used on here in the classifieds.

EddieC your online posting on other posts having trouble finding that link?

I will leave it at that. Hopefully you will stop criticizing peoples adds unless its really neccesary and you have proof to back it up I was really hoping i was going to be able to buy a new ai nano with the controller for under 300 in the future

yep and we gotta get the new controller

I've been talking with AI for a bit about my setup. i'm going to upgrade just the middle one, but with the upgrade you can't hardwire in the unit, it's only wireless so you have to get the new controller. the footprint with the new 80degree lenses are 24x24 so it'll cover both of my rocks where i'll have the sps anyway.

also, in my case where i have two regular sols, and one upgraded sol, i'll have to run the wireless adapter to controll the regular sols, run 2 inorder to controll the two regular sols indepentantly.

side note, i torn down the 10 gallong and added the third sol with the short EXT rails. hid the wires as best as i could.

8587817449_908b9d34d3_z.jpg

8587806729_72fbb5caf0_z.jpg

8588904176_a925e34785_z.jpg

Luigiestrada

AI nano here!! I finally got my remote today and I started messing with the settings. Hopefully will get the timings right in the next few weeks. How do I join the club??

Luigiestrada

I have the NANO light so when I hooked up the controller to the light I started looked at the settings and put it down for a few minutes, when I picked it back up. The controller was stuck on scrolling down and didn't stop doing it by itself I finally unplug the wire from the controller And it stop doing it but it happened two times in a row. I thought the remote was broken but it worked fine after all. After finishing with setting up my light settings I went to the home screen and the remote froze, unplug it again and it worked again has anybody ran into this problem??

sfdanksta650

Nope, have mine for about a month. Check key sensitivity, 1 being faintest of touch it will respond or, 10 use a hammer lol j/k. And do not go 10, I did , and I had to push on the controller extremely hard to make it respond. Did you do this? Did you update to v.2.0 yet?

I've had my AI Sol Nano for about a year now and initially had a lot of corals shrink up, so I toned it down and I've been running the following lighting schedule for the last few months with much better success. I feel like I could probably up the intensity a bit, but I wanted some opinions first. It's a 14 gallon biocube with soft corals and a frogspawn...

Timer 1- 10:30AM W15 B50 RB25 120 Min Ramp up

Timer 2- 1:00PM W20 B55 RB45 120 Min Ramp Up

Timer 3- 5:00 PM W30 B50 RB60 90 Min Ramp Up

Timer 4- 10:00PM W15 B50 RB50 60 Min Ramp Up

Timer 5- 11:30PM W0 B1 RB6 25 Min Ramp Up Lunar On

I'm thinking I should up my white somewhere, and probably reduce my blue initially, any thoughts?

Luigiestrada

Nope, have mine for about a month. Check key sensitivity, 1 being faintest of touch it will respond or, 10 use a hammer lol j/k. And do not go 10, I did , and I had to push on the controller extremely hard to make it respond. Did you do this? Did you update to v.2.0 yet?

tes the new update came out last friday and is V2.08 and im still having the same problem the controller works but at times it freezes up :/

I have the controller and so far I've not had any issues like that. I would contact AI about it. You may have a bad controller. Also, am I the only one that is using the geographic mode? I figure if it mimics the great barrier reef, how bad could it be? So far everything is loving it. Right now I'm using that setting with 45%w, 60% b, 60% rb and lunar cycle turned on.

Just received my AI Nano ... awful. I step up and pay for what is supposed to be a great light and the power and data cable don't even come close to fitting in the holes on the mounting arm. So I drill them out a bit, and the length between the end of the power cable and the magnetic barrel is no where near long enough to reach the light if you do get them through the hole. Back to to the manufacturer it goes ...

wait so its crap before you even tested the actual light?

the wire def. fits through maybe you should try it again. Also you can get a hanging kit it looks better too

wait so its crap before you even tested the actual light?

the wire def. fits through maybe you should try it again. Also you can get a hanging kit it looks better too

I have a PhD in Electrical Engineering ... the freakin' plug doesn't fit through the hole and the wire is 2" too short from the barrel to the plug. Yes, ridiculous design flaw ... or they sent me the wrong power cable. Either way, what I received is a pile of crap. I have read other similar stories online ... apparently, they are sourcing product from different suppliers causing some kits to be just fine and some to have this issue.

Nanofreak79

I've got 3 Vega color's, and want to upgrade the pucks. I'm having trouble figuring out what colors to use? I want the violet and NW, but it almost seems as if you should change all the pucks to make the color blend better. Its hard to visualize what to get rid of and what to keep.

I've got 3 Vega color's, and want to upgrade the pucks. I'm having trouble figuring out what colors to use? I want the violet and NW, but it almost seems as if you should change all the pucks to make the color blend better. Its hard to visualize what to get rid of and what to keep.

I feel ya. I want to add some UV, NW and possibly some other combinations but have no idea what to keep and what/ where to add. I'm thinking of swapping the two pucks on the end to get a little more spread w/ the new colors. Anybody look into this yet? Open to suggestions...

Hey guys I have a ai sol over me 28g nano cube, its about 10in over the water. The question I have is should I raise me setting because I have 3 rbta. Its weird because they all react different to the lights. One is at the top of my rocks and he looks fine, but his tentacles aren't as filled as it was when I first got it, same with my second one that hangs out at the middle of the tank.

Now my last anemone he usually hids under the rocks and peeks out for a few hour a day, he looks the healthiest out of them all.

My current setting for the ai sol and

9:00am w09/b11/r15

2:00pm w65/b58/r59

4:00pm w70/b60/r60

7:00pm w20/b49/r30

10:00pm w07/b01/r10

11:00pm w00/b01/r02

Btw I do a water change of 4 gallon every 2 weeks with red sea coral pro, keeping the salinity at 1.26 and I do use a protein skimmer.

Ok ... so I'm a few days into the new AI Nano and my conclusion is: LOVE the light - 9/10, HATE the mounting arm and power cord 1/10 ... final score 7/10. So, if you are going to use your own mounting system and a different power cord, this is absolutely a must have. If you want a complete lighting system for a Nano tank that is great out of the box and are willing to pay whatever it takes to get it, there are better options out there. The frustrating part is that this system could be a 10/10 with just a little extra effort on the part of the manufacturer ... retool the mounting arm to enlarge the two holes and cover the arm-to-Nano mounting screws and move the ferrite magnet barrel back 4 additional inches from the end of the power cord plug and you have a near perfect lighting kit. Also, engrave the labels on the new controller as the sticker keeps peeling off and looks cheap.

On a positive note, love the look, color, and adjustability of the light ... the twice daily lightning storms are cool!

So there you go ... flame away ;-)

Hey , has anyone heard when AI is gonna ship the wireless adapter? BTW i am new here and love this forum already as your posts have assisted me in programming my controller. here's a shot of my 46 bow with my AI sol blues.

IMG_0977_zps2b15ba02.jpg

Dumped the Nuvo 8G and picked up a Nuvo 16G today. Is the AI Nano enough light for this tank? If so, I have it set for 30, 33, 40 ... is that high enough?

Thanks ;-)

Nuvo-16-Day-001.jpg

• Like 1