ReefCleaners.org

+1

These Aqua Illumination lights when cranked up can wipe out everything. You want to start off at a MAX (full sun) of 25% just like pschom was saying and then about 1-2 weeks move each W, B and RB up 5%. And check all of your corals to see how they are acclimating. If some dont look like they are doing so well change it 2 weeks at 5%, and see then. You may need to arange a few of the corals but once you get the correct light placment and coral placement your corals will look great and and grow like crazy! Just make sure you water par are good and you will have the perfect setup for the corals (and fish) to thrive! Dont forget to post some pics and I will get you in the club. (Beer required)LOL

+1 too.

When I begin into the hobby I get the best hardware I con afforded, before start anything. Do my cycling fine, cure my rocks etc. To made the story short, I follow every "expert advice" that SPS's needs strong lights, so I get my Sol's and get all the juice from them, running at 100% at noon, to feed my power demanding acros and montis. As a result I bleach some LR and cook many corals. I regret not to find this threat on time. My bad...

Now I running them at 50% at noon and acclimating corals for a month raising them 1" higher from bottom to top every four days. Now I can tell the difference

IMG_2564.jpg

CruzH2oPolo what kind of mounting are you using for those lights? Are those custom? I'm about to get my second Sol and I need to change my mounting as well. I like yours :)

So I got my new vega color it's 10" off a solana 34. I unfortunately lost everything in hurricane sandy. I just put one piece of sps in the tank. I know acclimating corals when you are changing lights is an issue but for me since its basically new what settings should I be running it at. Right now I am 40% across all bulbs for 8hrs per day just wondering if I should ramp it up or do something more custom? Tanks

So I got my new vega color it's 10" off a solana 34. I unfortunately lost everything in hurricane sandy. I just put one piece of sps in the tank. I know acclimating corals when you are changing lights is an issue but for me since its basically new what settings should I be running it at. Right now I am 40% across all bulbs for 8hrs per day just wondering if I should ramp it up or do something more custom? Tanks

Do you have the controller for it? Do a sunrise to sunset program

I do have the controller do you mean one of the region specific options?

Yea, I'm not 100% sure how the new controller works but I know there is up to 30 timers you can preset times and percentages for a sunrise to sunset effect.

its pretty straight forward just go to manual mode and set your times percentages and ramp times very easy

you can look in this thread or forum and copy someones settings until you can figure out what you like

Any thoughts on how high a percentage on the bulbs?

start off with sunrise with low percentages make your way into mid day and put the highest percentage I would start at 50% you can increase that weekly to what your corals like but don't overdue it then bring the percentage back down for sunset. I would only keep mid day setting for 2-3 hours

start off with sunrise with low percentages make your way into mid day and put the highest percentage I would start at 50% you can increase that weekly to what your corals like but don't overdue it then bring the percentage back down for sunset. I would only keep mid day setting for 2-3 hours

What would be the max you think? I only have one sps coral in the tank now so it won't really be an acclimation issue. I am new to led's do people reacclimate whenever they add a coral?

I posted this in the Lighting forum but thought I would try here also. I have an AI Nano LED over a Biocube 29. Im trying to get the color temp around 15-20k however the only way to do that is by turning the whites way down compared to the blue and royal blue LEDs. I just want to get rid of so much of the white/ ice look. Does anyone know if the par is high enough with the whites around 30 and the blue/ royal blues around 80? Corals are mostly LPS ( acans, blastos, duncans, scollymia, brains, plates) Ricordia, Zoas, and a few SPS at the very top (Monti caps, birds nest, Acro Milli, ect)

Just curious what everyone elses settings were.

Thanks in advance

I posted this in the Lighting forum but thought I would try here also. I have an AI Nano LED over a Biocube 29. Im trying to get the color temp around 15-20k however the only way to do that is by turning the whites way down compared to the blue and royal blue LEDs. I just want to get rid of so much of the white/ ice look. Does anyone know if the par is high enough with the whites around 30 and the blue/ royal blues around 80? Corals are mostly LPS ( acans, blastos, duncans, scollymia, brains, plates) Ricordia, Zoas, and a few SPS at the very top (Monti caps, birds nest, Acro Milli, ect)

Just curious what everyone elses settings were.

Thanks in advance

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/282729-ai-nano-review-par-numbers/

Thanks malady, I found that while researching it. Two questions though he seems to have a whiter color temp than I am wanting and his PAR measurements take into account all three colors at the same power, anyone know what its like with the whites a little lower? Also what are considered good PAR measurements? really meaning closer to the bottom of the tank and the sides.

I have a Sol Blue over my 40B with an 18" EXT arm bracket. I want to add a second Sol.

Do you guys think if I add another EXT arm on the other site and use three 6" brackets will work? (bracket > Sol ><Bracket < Sol < Bracket) Did anybody try this before?

I have a Sol Blue over my 40B with an 18" EXT arm bracket. I want to add a second Sol.

Do you guys think if I add another EXT arm on the other site and use three 6" brackets will work? (bracket > Sol ><Bracket < Sol < Bracket) Did anybody try this before?

That's gonna be close. If you figure 2" of each rail being slid into the lights, that takes away a total of 8" of your rails. The lights are a little short of 12" each.

So your "left" rail would be 4" long (2"in overhanging fixture)...then 2" space between lights (2" overhanging each fixture), then your "right rail would be 4" long. So my calculations bring you up a little short of 36".

I personally wouldn't trust the rail system without using 2 set screws on the fixture - which means you can't really cheat on the lengths. I think the 6' rails are really only good for combining 2 units into a single unit.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

I'm starting soon a 10g tank (18x11x12").

I just need to take a decision concerning light solution...

I was thinking first to set 1 or 2 PAR38 but some topic here showed me the AI nano.

My questions are quite simple : do you think ai nano could be a good choice? I think there will be some dark areas regarding the tank size?

I was planning to have lps and sps. But nothing sure.

Thanks to all of you ;)

I'll join, now that I finally got them mounted like I want.

IMAG0104.jpg

Very nice mountings TKF, let me know if you want to sell one of those

got my tank going...almost...hung two of the sols for now, i'll be adding the third that's over the 10 gallon when i shut it down.

8505664311_30be19a433_z.jpg8506768380_391edeee05_z.jpg8505655147_4c7a7f6d87_z.jpg8505650135_aabd2e8b93_z.jpg

• Like 1
eddiecorrea

got my tank going...almost...hung two of the sols for now, i'll be adding the third that's over the 10 gallon when i shut it down. 8505650135_aabd2e8b93_z.jpg

You are doin it wrong. That could be an amazing movie room. Time for a 1080p projector and screen to go where that TV is. In wall shelving to the right for all the receivers and you are set.

check it out director pics

AI-Director-4-620x532.jpg

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/03/02/ai-director/

That thing looks like ass. Hopefully that is not the finished unit. And not having built in wifi is a major issue.

That's gonna be close. If you figure 2" of each rail being slid into the lights, that takes away a total of 8" of your rails. The lights are a little short of 12" each.

So your "left" rail would be 4" long (2"in overhanging fixture)...then 2" space between lights (2" overhanging each fixture), then your "right rail would be 4" long. So my calculations bring you up a little short of 36".

I personally wouldn't trust the rail system without using 2 set screws on the fixture - which means you can't really cheat on the lengths. I think the 6' rails are really only good for combining 2 units into a single unit.

I contact the Customer Support from AI and they won't recommended to do it either. They said that the EXT brackets are made it to hold a single unit only as I do now with mine. I don't really trust my ceilings for hanging the lights, so probably I need to make some kind of canopy for the lights then. And before I do that How you guys thing is best for 2 AI sol's for a 40B tank: Placed Horizontally or Vertical?

sfdanksta650

Can I join the club?!?! Mr aqua 610(24x24x12) have Ai sol super blue, new controller,ext tank mount, ext 12" rail!! Tank is starting to cycle!!

post-73780-0-55771100-1362413410_thumb.jpg

got my tank going...almost...hung two of the sols for now, i'll be adding the third that's over the 10 gallon when i shut it down. 8505664311_30be19a433_z.jpg8506768380_391edeee05_z.jpg8505655147_4c7a7f6d87_z.jpg8505650135_aabd2e8b93_z.jpg

Alright I need some details on this... What kind of tank and stand is that? Looks friggin' amazing. This might be my inspiration for my basement tank this summer. Scape looks really good too