Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

pygmy angel harem

I have read a lot of this thread but it was some time ago. Can anyone tell me about or has anyone seen the new EXT arm hangers for Sols? I will find the site and post a link here.

Hello, I was doing some weekly tank maintenance and was bring my water level dow to a point where it made sense to just cut power to the whole system. Well when I turned the power back on, my Ai Nano must believe that it is overheating because the fan is running constantly and the bulbs are all blinking at about a 1 sec. interval. Anyone have this blinking issue before wiht an Ai fixture? Were you able to fix it?

Thanks.

pic request! does anyone have two SOLS mounted with the new EXT rail and hanging kit? like this but no vegas but sols.

extHangingKit_prodstrip.jpg

just picked up another AI sol super blue and about to order the hanging kit. also if the tank is 60" long, how long of a rail do you think i should get?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an AI nano in the mail yesterday from BRS. Can anyone tell me if their included mount arm fits the power cable through the holes? Mine does not, I thought sure I read that this was addressed. Also, the enclosure had glue residue covering most of it.... I was able to clean that up for the most part with rubbing alcohol, but frustrating nonetheless.

I do love the light this puts out. I am overall happy with the light, but expected the updated arm and a clean fixture for $300.

I just got an AI nano in the mail yesterday from BRS. Can anyone tell me if their included mount arm fits the power cable through the holes? Mine does not, I thought sure I read that this was addressed. Also, the enclosure had glue residue covering most of it.... I was able to clean that up for the most part with rubbing alcohol, but frustrating nonetheless.

I do love the light this puts out. I am overall happy with the light, but expected the updated arm and a clean fixture for $300.

I had the exact same issues with mine. I used a dremmel on the mount to increase the diameter of the hole for the cable to pass through. It was an easy fix but something that I should not have to do on a brand new light.

I also had the glue issue from the bubble wrap all over my nano. I used nail polish remover and got the light cleaned up but also slipped and wiped the serial number on the back and jacked it up. This pi$$ed me off.

I had the exact same issues with mine. I used a dremmel on the mount to increase the diameter of the hole for the cable to pass through. It was an easy fix but something that I should not have to do on a brand new light.

I also had the glue issue from the bubble wrap all over my nano. I used nail polish remover and got the light cleaned up but also slipped and wiped the serial number on the back and jacked it up. This pi$$ed me off.

I did that to my SN sticker too! I can still read the SN, but I was furious.

Can anyone else confirm or deny that there are different mounts that ship with the AI nano? I tried calling them but they aren't answering.

BulkReefSupply has awesome customer service. Situation resolved!

Edited by shaner014

so i'm building a new tank now. 100 gallon rimless. picked up the new AI EXT rail, another Sol super blue and the EXT hanging kit, and i have the new controller on the 10 gallon with the sol.

a6bb947b52f0d45bb72047c223d90547.jpg

the new EXT rail is really nice, makes for a nice clean mount.

55ab1cd1272eda6041efaaec918a0c3b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I've pretty much decided to upgrade my LED lighting and I'm thinking of going with AI. I need your advice on what to get...as I would like to order today.

Here's what I have: A 28gallon NanoCube and a ACJr. Controller. I would like to be able to grow LPS and SPS and also house a clam. I currently have one clownfish, zoos and a couple of montiporas. I am debating between the AI Nano or the AI Sol. I need something like yesterday as my current DIY works, but is too blue and I would like a better system.

Hi Everyone,

I've pretty much decided to upgrade my LED lighting and I'm thinking of going with AI. I need your advice on what to get...as I would like to order today.

Here's what I have: A 28gallon NanoCube and a ACJr. Controller. I would like to be able to grow LPS and SPS and also house a clam. I currently have one clownfish, zoos and a couple of montiporas. I am debating between the AI Nano or the AI Sol. I need something like yesterday as my current DIY works, but is too blue and I would like a better system.

I'd buy a vega in that boat. Or a used Sol if your trying to save money.

Nano could work but right on the edge, the sol or vega allows for upgrade easier. The vegas are more dough but most future proof at this point.

hows it going AI club? is the wireless adapter for the sols out yet?? i'm setting up my new tank and i don't want to run a long ass usb cable.

it's coming along...just have to wait for the basement to be finished.

724047D1-229E-4BF0-A311-359FA38AE8A3-737

^there i have the two sols with the 12'' ext rail, i still have the one sol over the 10 gallon so when that's ready to be shut down i have two 6 inch rails to run the 3 sols over the big tank.

• 2 weeks later...
AI fan here with a little secret... AI "advertised" prices are rock solid. Non-print verbal pricing... very loose! Many of their vendors are making $150 on EACH vega sale. I will say that I saved about $400 wheeling and dealing. Good luck negotiating: http://www.anonmgur.com/up/20607a30d7bd6e5d6d7dd152f3441bb4.png'>http://www.anonmgur.com/up/20607a30d7bd6e5d6d7dd152f3441bb4.png . Don't u love friends with camera phones.

Interesting how do you think we gonna and deal with on online site. "Hey I seen how much you pay for these" give me a 10% off deal and ill buy 2"?

You know everyone makes money on stuff like this right? They make at least $100 on a Vortech. That is the whole point of business. Make money.

Flexin that looks awesome! Can't wait for updates! Anyone know how to get email updates with this new site format??

Thanks man! The tank is pretty much ready for water, all I have to do is glue the mocked up plumbing. The basement is about half finished now and ill be using the tank as a peninsula style so it should be good.

pygmy angel harem

I have two Sols with the AI original controller. I also have the Digital Aquatics advanced light controller for them but use the AI controller because It looked easier to learn. I want to try the DA one and does anyone use it on their leds? What are your settings? How do you splice the wires that come with the ALC to the wire that comes with the Sol?

Does anyone know the actual percentages to set the controller for a AI Nano to be approx. equivalent to 20K? Did a search, but I don't really see anything.

I have mine at b-20 rb-20 w-15 and it seems pretty close to 20k, at least to my eye without having a halide 20k to reference it with. Im still acclimating the tank to the light so my % is a bit low