Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

hm could be your power supply?

I been reading a lot of people having faulty plug units

try using usb thru computer or a cell phone usb plug convertor to see if that could potentially be the problem

Do you have to use the headphone jack and the USB plug? Maybe that's why it's not working right since I'm only using the headphone jack like the old controller.

Can't believe nobody's uploaded a photo of their Vega yet.... So here ya go

Just got my Vega yesterday and had it installed in about an hour with the hanging kit. The Vega is replacing a AI Nano that was supposed to be a temporary light to hold me over until the Vega release. The wait was much longer than expected, but well worth it!

I seriously need a good camera, all photos are with my iphone4. LED light intensity is difficult to capture on any photo, much less an iphone. Obviously, these lights are much brighter than the photos represent. But here is an example of the before and after with the Nano and Vega.

Nano @ 100%

0a65d0bc.jpg

IMG_2212_zps4b214478.jpg

IMG_2227_zps94b7d3f3.jpg

IMG_2222_zps1d4c2d5f.jpg

Vega @ 60%

IMG_2217_zps95e66b9b.jpg

Hanging

IMG_2220_zps9efeba19.jpg

IMG_2218_zpsa173fea8.jpg

Looks great. Can you get some more FTS pics from a little farther away? HDR on iPhone. Upload first pic only. Put Vega at 60% like u had. Lol sorry if I'm being a d1ck. I'm really trying to see if I want a vega upgrade, or a kessil a350w. Does AI have a recommended setting on the vega for different kelvin looks? Like different intensities = different spectrums? MOAR!

Thanks! ;-)

Can't believe nobody's uploaded a photo of their Vega yet.... So here ya go

Just got my Vega yesterday and had it installed in about an hour with the hanging kit. The Vega is replacing a AI Nano that was supposed to be a temporary light to hold me over until the Vega release. The wait was much longer than expected, but well worth it!

I seriously need a good camera, all photos are with my iphone4. LED light intensity is difficult to capture on any photo, much less an iphone. Obviously, these lights are much brighter than the photos represent. But here is an example of the before and after with the Nano and Vega.

Nano @ 100%

0a65d0bc.jpg

IMG_2212_zps4b214478.jpg

IMG_2227_zps94b7d3f3.jpg

IMG_2222_zps1d4c2d5f.jpg

Vega @ 60%

IMG_2217_zps95e66b9b.jpg

Hanging

IMG_2220_zps9efeba19.jpg

IMG_2218_zpsa173fea8.jpg

holy dope! the shimmer on the back wall looks awesome! what color is the back? (BLUE?)

anyways i kind of dont like the fact that the new controller doesnt have batteries and has to REMAIN plugged in to the wall. and what size screws fit on the back so i can mount it next to my other controllers!?

over all i think they should have just ditched the "touch sensitive" buttons and stuck with regular buttons and gave it rechargeable battery instead. the wireless-ness is more for the fixture itself i think, since you'll have one less wire to try to hide and route to the controller. otherwise you'll still have to figure out where to mount the controller near your tank, because NO ONE will plug it anywhere else but near their tanks.

i really hope they'll come out with a battery pack or something for this damn thing by the time they release the wireless adapter... -_-

^looks good, hows the cloud cover feature look? and do you have everything set the same as far as reds blues greens and whites?

I canceled my order for the wireless controller when I read all the negative feedback it was getting. I'm planning on holding out for the AI Director web platform. We'll see when it actually becomes available after the MACNA debut.

Looks great. Can you get some more FTS pics from a little farther away? HDR on iPhone. Upload first pic only. Put Vega at 60% like u had. Lol sorry if I'm being a d1ck. I'm really trying to see if I want a vega upgrade, or a kessil a350w. Does AI have a recommended setting on the vega for different kelvin looks? Like different intensities = different spectrums? MOAR!

Thanks! ;-)

No problem... I'll try and upload some later tonight. I did use the HDR on the first two 100% shots but it still does not come close to what you see in person. AI provides very little in the actual box. There is no user guide and the only instructions said "Plug in and Enjoy!". You may want to call them about recommended settings for different spectrums ect. They are very good w/ customer service and answering any questions... I've called a few times now.

holy dope! the shimmer on the back wall looks awesome! what color is the back? (BLUE?)

anyways i kind of dont like the fact that the new controller doesnt have batteries and has to REMAIN plugged in to the wall. and what size screws fit on the back so i can mount it next to my other controllers!?

over all i think they should have just ditched the "touch sensitive" buttons and stuck with regular buttons and gave it rechargeable battery instead. the wireless-ness is more for the fixture itself i think, since you'll have one less wire to try to hide and route to the controller. otherwise you'll still have to figure out where to mount the controller near your tank, because NO ONE will plug it anywhere else but near their tanks.

i really hope they'll come out with a battery pack or something for this damn thing by the time they release the wireless adapter... -_-

The back wall is actually white. Shimmer is crazy w/ this light! I've read a few people saying they think there is a disco effect w/ the variety of colors. I haven't seen it, all the colors blend pretty well, with the exception of the red. The red does have a slight spotlight effect going on, but its not bad. It sits right above my purple highlighter acro and sets it off w/ crazy magenta color.

You are right about all the drawbacks w/ the new controller. That's why I am waiting for Director.... hope not too long though.

Thanks! ;-)

Here ya go Pschom. I waited to get a few shots w/ new iPhone 5.... the camera is a little better but not much.

Vega @ 60%

2E430099-D4E9-4583-B2BD-27B8777FBCAB-304-000000A16DB004DA_zps7b7162c2.jpg

0FDBE4B0-D154-404A-BD39-1DAD69EB079E-304-000000A161F66E98_zpse4d847cd.jpg

Has anyone figured out a way to raise the standard AI mounting rails? I'm not able to wall-mount or hang them from the ceiling. Right now the light is about 2 inches above the water line and it's just too close.

I was thinking about adding some corner shaped wood trim and attaching that to some nice vertical trim pieces, but I'm not sure how I would attach everything together.

Edited by E.intheC
bump :)

I've given this some thought since I have the W as well. The middle lenses are 40 degrees and the outer ones 70 (I think). So if we changed 4 pucks (try to follow me here) like a checkerboard I think that would be pretty nice. So 2 at 70degrees and 2 at 40, alternate rows. That make sense. I'll try and make a paint pic here in a minute.

Has anyone figured out a way to raise the standard AI mounting rails? I'm not able to wall-mount or hang them from the ceiling. Right now the light is about 2 inches above the water line and it's just too close.

I was thinking about adding some corner shaped wood trim and attaching that to some nice vertical trim pieces, but I'm not sure how I would attach everything together.

I'm interested in an answer to this too, as it's one the of the main factors keeping me from looking more seriously at a Vega.

I've given this some thought since I have the W as well. The middle lenses are 40 degrees and the outer ones 70 (I think). So if we changed 4 pucks (try to follow me here) like a checkerboard I think that would be pretty nice. So 2 at 70degrees and 2 at 40, alternate rows. That make sense. I'll try and make a paint pic here in a minute.

Makes some snse but the paint pic would help :lol:

new controller is pissing me off.

timers all set and active, but at 2pm when the tank should be nice and bright it's dark and only at like 36%blue, like 2w and 18rb while the active timer says 20%w, 80%b, 50%rb. weather effects turned off, time and date set right...i don't get it. :huh:

new controller is pissing me off.

timers all set and active, but at 2pm when the tank should be nice and bright it's dark and only at like 36%blue, like 2w and 18rb while the active timer says 20%w, 80%b, 50%rb. weather effects turned off, time and date set right...i don't get it. :huh:

Post your timers.

ok i'll lay it out:

so on this screen:

AI%20VEGA%20wirelesscontrol.jpg

it has the wireless symbol with a line through it ofcourse, sol-B and right now a moon (lunar mode)

has a clock, then auto mode

timer# 4,4,4

w0%,3%b,3%rb

sep 28, 2012 12:15am

menu all off

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

then under the timer menu,

timer setup-manual

timer: 01

active: yes

time: 09:00am

color: w10% b75% rb60%

ramp time: 01:30

timer:02

time: 12:00pm

color: w10% b90% rb60%

ramp time: 02:00

timer:03

active:yes

time:05:00pm

color: w10% b85% rb60%

ramp time: 02:00

timer:04

time: 11:30pm

color: w0% b03% rb3%

ramp time: 00:30

timers 05-30

active: no

`````````````````````````````````

weather

start now: no

enable: yes

chances: 80%

# per day: 1

Coverage: random

Lightning: yes

limit to: 8am to 1am

```````````````````````````````````````

setup lights

Model: sol blue

Connection: wired

``````````````````````````````````````

Lunar cycle

Enable: yes

start hour: 12pm

end hour: 5am

`````````````````````````

Coral acclimation

enable: no

`````````````````````````

time and date set right

i don't know where i'm going wrong with this. i re-loaded the firmware today but it made no difference. thoughts?

Edited by Flexin5

Maybe I'm way off here but you have the lunar cycle set for 12pm (mid day)-5am. Could that be the conflict?

Try turning off the lunar cycle.

Edited by pschom

have you tried easy timer mode?

here is my initial setup seems to work no problem

maybe your ramp times are to long? that's the only thing I could think of

here it is in case you want to try it

White/Blue/Royal Blue

00/0/25 @ 12pm 15min ramp

25/10/40 @ 130pm 30min ramp

40/25/60 @ 3pm 30min ramp

70/70/70 @ 430pm 30min ramp

40/25/60 @ 630pm 30min ramp

25/10/40 @ 8pm 30min ramp

00/05/25 @ 930pm 15min ramp

00/00/01 @ 11pm 5min ramp

00/00/00 @2am OFF

Thunderstorms @ 20% chance per day, 1 per day

Edited by malady
have you tried easy timer mode?

here is my initial setup seems to work no problem

maybe your ramp times are to long? that's the only thing I could think of

here it is in case you want to try it

White/Blue/Royal Blue

00/0/25 @ 12pm 15min ramp

25/10/40 @ 130pm 30min ramp

40/25/60 @ 3pm 30min ramp

70/70/70 @ 430pm 30min ramp

40/25/60 @ 630pm 30min ramp

25/10/40 @ 8pm 30min ramp

00/05/25 @ 930pm 15min ramp

00/00/01 @ 11pm 5min ramp (my lunar phase)

00/00/00 @2am OFF

Thunderstorms @ 20% chance per day, 1 per day

You don't think the 12pm lunar on is causing a conflict and shutting the light off?

You don't think the 12pm lunar on is causing a conflict and shutting the light off?

I don't have the unit...just caught the thread and I think you might be right. 12pm is NOON! That might be a problem. just adding my .02 :)