Innovative Marine Aquariums

Has anyone ever noticed the fan on their AI SOl turn on? I have yet to see mine on, is there a specific temp at where it turns itself on? Just curious......

I think AI knows they have me right where they want me - somewhat committed to the VEGA...

Maybe I can still somehow mount a radion to the EXT rail :P

photo.JPG

Edited by blajoie
Good thing I remembered to cancel my preorder the other day lol

Oh you could have given it to me. That would have been fine.

AI - I just want the controller already!!

Oh you could have given it to me. That would have been fine.

AI - I just want the controller already!!

You can preorder it from reef-geek but nothing about the wireless adapter :(

I think AI knows they have me right where they want me - somewhat committed to the VEGA...

Maybe I can still somehow mount a radion to the EXT rail :P

photo.JPG

That's a MIDI right? Your dimensions are almost the same as my IM mini 38.

Noticed how you mounted your rail from the rear... I'm contemplating mounting mine from the side to get better spread from the fixture. I would much rather have my rail in the rear like yours, and turn the Vega perpendicular to the rail, but I don't think this is possible.

That's a MIDI right? Your dimensions are almost the same as my IM mini 38.

Noticed how you mounted your rail from the rear... I'm contemplating mounting mine from the side to get better spread from the fixture. I would much rather have my rail in the rear like yours, and turn the Vega perpendicular to the rail, but I don't think this is possible.

Yup it is a MIDI. 36gallons. I think you can only mount the light vertical to the mounting arm.

I like the EXT rail. Its very clean and slick looking. Seems to have a very nice build quality too. One of the main reasons I went with AI over Ecotech. My Ceiling is too high to hang from, thus I needed something that can mount to the tank stand. EXT + vega did the trick for me :)

Quick question, I just got an amazind deal on 3 AI sol whites and I was wondering what is the best way to position them over my tank. My tank is a 120 gallon tank that is 48"x24"x24". THe tank has the center brace going across the center of the tank so 3 ai's pose a problem. I was thinking 2 of the fixtures would be enough for now until I can find a good deal on one more fixture but would it be best to mount them long ways from front to back or should I mount them long ways side to side. hopefully you guys know what I mean lol. If not let me know and I can try to clarify a little more. the other option I was thinking about was using two fixtures on one side of the brace and have an SPS mountain on that side and have lps softy mountain under the one fixture on the other side. What do you ai masters think?

Quick question, I just got an amazind deal on 3 AI sol whites and I was wondering what is the best way to position them over my tank. My tank is a 120 gallon tank that is 48"x24"x24". THe tank has the center brace going across the center of the tank so 3 ai's pose a problem. I was thinking 2 of the fixtures would be enough for now until I can find a good deal on one more fixture but would it be best to mount them long ways from front to back or should I mount them long ways side to side. hopefully you guys know what I mean lol. If not let me know and I can try to clarify a little more. the other option I was thinking about was using two fixtures on one side of the brace and have an SPS mountain on that side and have lps softy mountain under the one fixture on the other side. What do you ai masters think?

Use two a see how it goes. Honestly I don't think you will need a third or fourth, but it's up to u and your corals. They are supposed to be comparable to 250+ watt halide and try have tons of PAR. I have the white version cause I got it as soon as the 2gen came out. I like it, but I'd advise you to try and switch out 4 of te eight pucks for bluer ones. That or get some stunner strips. See how u like it. But again, I think for 24 inches of depth at about 5-6 inches from the surface with well positioned corals (remember the lenses in the middle are 40 degrees) you should be fine with just 2.

Use two a see how it goes. Honestly I don't think you will need a third or fourth, but it's up to u and your corals. They are supposed to be comparable to 250+ watt halide and try have tons of PAR. I have the white version cause I got it as soon as the 2gen came out. I like it, but I'd advise you to try and switch out 4 of te eight pucks for bluer ones. That or get some stunner strips. See how u like it. But again, I think for 24 inches of depth at about 5-6 inches from the surface with well positioned corals (remember the lenses in the middle are 40 degrees) you should be fine with just 2.

Thats what I was thinking but I had a buddy tell me that I might need to use 3 or possibly 4. One thing that I do not want is a visible spotlight effect from these lights. I have seen it before in a couple pics and vids. If you think 2 would be eough Ill try it out and see how I like it. I was actually thinking about using the third one on a 20 long that I got at the $1 per gallon sale. My living room needs a bigger tank lol. the trick is making my wife think the same thing.

That's weird. I've never seen a spotlight effect from an SOL. Throw up a pic when u get it hooked up.

I definitely will. It might be a while since I am still in the process of building a stand and getting the last pieces of equipment.

I have 3 over my 90 after starting with 2 . im running them at like 70 100 100

my current setup LOVE AIs products

What tank is that? Looks like that is a sol over it. I am debating between the sol and nano. Is the sol overkill, and what do you havebin the tank as far as corals? Thanks