Innovative Marine Aquariums

did not even notice that^^ good eye

yeah that's probably it

hrm, pshocom that could be it, i'm at work now and i don't know if that was a typo or for real...thanks for catching that. lol

lol :slap:

I hate when that happens. Cool that its fixed. I thought you might return it. Can you post a vid of the cloud cover effect? Is it gonna show up on a short vid?

Count me in!

i tried to make my own lighting but failed big time. i spent close to 220$ and still nothing. i was very frustrated because i should of bought an AI nano since day one.

this thing is amazing i hope it will bring back some of my soft corals back to life! i can't wait for the wireless controller

I have two AI Sol white's with AI controller and optional VDM module. Have 24" rail kit as well. They are Sol whites generation 1 upgraded by AI to generation 2. For sale. Make me an offer! I'm in Katy, Texas. 832-589-5136.

I have two AI Sol white's with AI controller and optional VDM module. Have 24" rail kit as well. They are Sol whites generation 1 upgraded by AI to generation 2. For sale. Make me an offer! I'm in Katy, Texas. 832-589-5136.

No one is going to make you an offer on this thread because everyone here already has one. If you post (with pics) on the hardware classified forum they will sell. I say with pics because most people arent going to take u seriously with 1 post and 'updated' gen1 SOL whites.

So I've had my AI nano for a while now and I must say I'm not impressed with leds in any way. From disco to pale colors...

And my corals look pretty ####ty under this light. I miss the warm t5 colors! Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by Mitch619
lol :slap:

I hate when that happens. Cool that its fixed. I thought you might return it. Can you post a vid of the cloud cover effect? Is it gonna show up on a short vid?

bah sorry man i tried but all i have is this crappy point and shoot digital camera that i can take vids with. i'll borrow my brother's T5i because my slr doesn't take vids. i can't really see any noticeable cover tho. maybe i don't have it setup right.

What size AI would I need for a 25l by 12w by 10 high tank? 3 inches of the tank is AIO chambers so I wouldn't need light over that portion.

What size AI would I need for a 25l by 12w by 10 high tank? 3 inches of the tank is AIO chambers so I wouldn't need light over that portion.

This was taken directly from AI's website...

Vega Spread and PAR

The Vega uses the same lenses as the AI Nano. The beam angle, which differs between each LED, is approximately 80 degrees. When developing the lens, our goal was to provide balanced coverage on a 24-inch cube. Last year, we had a Nano in our office on a 50-gallon cube, and saw 65-80 µmol/m2/s at the sandbed - with less than 35 watts! The Vega, when tested in the same configuration, produced 125-200+ µmol/m2/s. We recommend one module per 24-inch square area at 20-28 inches of depth. If you have a deeper tank, you will want to lower the module or increase the quantity of modules used on the tank.

I would think a Vega would work perfect but if price is a concern than you could go with a Nano. Since your tank is so shallow you could probably get away with hanging a Nano a little higher to get a bit more spread. Only downside would be drawing some light in the rear chambers.

This was taken directly from AI's website...

Vega Spread and PAR

The Vega uses the same lenses as the AI Nano. The beam angle, which differs between each LED, is approximately 80 degrees. When developing the lens, our goal was to provide balanced coverage on a 24-inch cube. Last year, we had a Nano in our office on a 50-gallon cube, and saw 65-80 µmol/m2/s at the sandbed - with less than 35 watts! The Vega, when tested in the same configuration, produced 125-200+ µmol/m2/s. We recommend one module per 24-inch square area at 20-28 inches of depth. If you have a deeper tank, you will want to lower the module or increase the quantity of modules used on the tank.

I would think a Vega would work perfect but if price is a concern than you could go with a Nano. Since your tank is so shallow you could probably get away with hanging a Nano a little higher to get a bit more spread. Only downside would be drawing some light in the rear chambers.

I was thinking more along the lines of the AI Sol. I don't think I need a Vega. The SOL is adjustable to get different spectrums right? I like along the lines of a 12k. Can I switch it around?

Is the Vega even out yet? Every site I go to says "pre-order".

I'm tempted to get just another Kessil or even just the A350W. I dunno.

When Kessil releases a controllable version of the A350w it's mine. I really cannot wait for that day. I have had nothing but the best experience with AI, but those Kessils are sick!

When Kessil releases a controllable version of the A350w it's mine. I really cannot wait for that day. I have had nothing but the best experience with AI, but those Kessils are sick!

The A350W is adjustable as there are 2 different channels you can adjust it to.

The A350W is adjustable as there are 2 different channels you can adjust it to.

I know but it's just on/off. I can't give up ramp cycles, thunderstorms and lunar after having it for a year. I really love the color blends of the Kessil light, but we are far beyond what they are offering right now in terms of controllability. They've been asking questions on their Facebook page about iPad apps and such. Should be interesting to see what's in the near future.

Edited by pschom

Any chatter out there about an update to the AI Sol Nano? Nano version of the Vega form factor? Just feels like this unit is due for an update. I think we'll see some awesome new product this year as MACNA celebrates 25 years and the conference is in FL so it has tons of traction already. Add in the buzz from three TV shows featuring aquaqiums now and it just seems like it will be a big year for the hobby.

I have an 8 gal innovative marine aio with an ai nano mounted approx. 7" from water. Tank dimensions 12x12x12. I guess to summarize my problem, I can't seem to bump my lights up beyond 20% without frying all of the corals. The history of the tank is:

setup 1 year ago

Ai nano installed 10 months ago

Initially fried everything (one colony of zoas and an acanthastrsea) as I was relying on the manual touch control until the controller was available.

Installed controller and dialed way back to peak of 15/20/20

Things started looking better then as I bumped up to 20/25/25 things started looking bad 1 week later. This was roughly 6 months ago, photoperiod of 8 hrs.

I then dialed back to 15/20/20 but at this color intensity over the last 4 months, my once blue acro(blu matrix) and once bright green Ora birds nest look like brown twigs. Water parama are great and polyp extension on all hard corals is healthy and not one bit of sps tissue death. Oh and I have had trouble with zoas and palys as well. My lfs had the zoas under a 400w 20k mh and they were beautiful when purchased. Now as they bask under my 35watt ai nano that is tuned down to 15/20/20 peak a mid day they look small with spindly polyps. I have been told and thru my research that this is the result of photoinhibition by the polyps as a result of too much light. they are definitely not reaching for more light. I know my tank is shallow and the light is only 7" from water but how cAn this be that I can not move beyond tapping into more than 6 watts of this nano? Please help!

Are you starting at a low intensity and increasing it slowly over the course of a month or two? Or, have you tried to increase it faster, or in larger %'s?