Pod Your Reef

that coral acclimation feature is pretty cool. good idea. that's also sick how you can controll different units independently so if you have sps on one side of the tank and softies on the other you have that controll. that will come in useful on my next tank.

now bring out the upgrade kit already! :P

Anyone on here have their sol over a 12 gallon? What percentage are you running your lights at? I'm trying to figure out if I have too much or too little light.

The tank I'm talking about is in my sig.

Salty supply said they would have them out to us by sept. 7th guessing its gonna be the same with everyone else

I need some comparison shots of the blue vs color. I am hoping one of the distributors that gets one in today opens them up and does a nice photo shoot/video! Still not sure why AI chose to never do this...

So if anyone was wondering (like i was) about the sol -> vega upgrade if it was going to come with a controller, it does not. has to be purchased seperatly but the upgrade to the vega will be done much like the gen 1 sol to curent gen sol, so just the pucks.

now to get my hands on a controller....

Do you guys think a nano on a small about 12inch cube would by overkill?

No

My tank measures 14 x 14 x 15 and I have the sol running at about 40%, might add more light when I start to add sps..

Do you guys think a nano on a small about 12inch cube would by overkill?

i don't think you can. talking with AI they said that the upgrade to the sol will pretty much change everything in it; inside and out, it's just not the pucks. they said that the only thing that's going to be different than the actual vega (after you do the upgrade to the sol) will be the heat sink.

Spoke with reefgeek today and the wireless adapter is not going to be available right away.

^yea that's what AI said, but you can still use the controller with the wire, however they did say that the adapter will be out soon and that you can buy it by itself, so i'll pick up a controller now anyways..lol

^yea that's what AI said, but you can still use the controller with the wire, however they did say that the adapter will be out soon and that you can buy it by itself, so i'll pick up a controller now anyways..lol

Exactly what I was thinking

ah so the new controller does come with a wire? or will i have to buy seperately

no it comes with the wire. if you want to use it on a sol you need the adapter which isn't out yet.

:D:D:D

Item # Product Item price Quantity Total

AI1002 Aquaillumination Wireless Controller for LED System (Preordered) $79.95 1 $79.95

I'm currently running a par38 bulb over my 5.5g tank. i've got my AI Sol Blue over my new tank and I'll be transferring my corals over in a week or so. I was wondering what intensities i should start at? i know the par38 vs the Sol is not a fair comparison, but I have the par38 about 8" above the 5.5g (~10" deep i think) and the Sol is about 12" above my 22"deep tank. Any ideas?

hello everyone I got a ai sol blue that I want to put over my 54g bow front just wondering if it is going to be enough, or do I need two? it would about 12 13" above the water. what do you guys think?

Paul