Pod Your Reef

SouthFlorida_Tron
so does anyone know what this upgrade kit for the sol's will consist of? i'd imagine it would be the wireless controller, but will it let your sol have the colors of the vega? hrmmmm

I spoke with AI through email, it was a bit vague but it will be a retrofit upgrade kit for sol owners that will do sol > vega and that it will b released soon, that's all I was told lol

i cant keep blastos under my two ai sol blues in my 60g, they just get fried.

Usually it's not the lights, it's the reef keeper, perhaps move the coral out of the par range or lower the power.

Hope these work.

My lights peak at 100% but low light coral either fiund shelter under other corals are off to the sides where par is not so strong

Edited by SouthFlorida_Tron
I spoke with AI through email, it was a bit vague but it will be a retrofit upgrade kit for sol owners that will do sol > vega and that it will b released soon, that's all I was told lol

oh that's perfect, that + wireless controller and your good to go. i wonder if anyone will buy the old controller lol

Edited by Flexin5
i cant keep blastos under my two ai sol blues in my 60g, they just get fried.

I've had a problem with those as well. I even put one red one in the shade. Was gone in a couple weeks. Sucks cause I really like them. Idk if it's the light. It's weird.

oh that's perfect, that + wireless controller and your good to go. i wonder if anyone will buy the old controller lol

Yeah dude I'm excited too. I'm sure some one will buy the SOL controller, but I'm going to keep mine. Never know what other projects will be in the future...

I just want to see that cloud effect. I've been waiting for that.

SouthFlorida_Tron

funny, maybe they just dont like LED light.... i had trouble with RICS under my SOL.....high light, low light, good flow, no flow, they faded and melted

reeferbarra20

i have a friend of mine who can get these for a discounted price. LMK if anyone is interested. PM me.

Edited by reeferbarra20
FTS using nano..

aqualab_0050.JPG

aqualab_0051.JPG

Raphael - your tank is stunning ... would you mind sharing your lighting schedule and intensities for your AI-Nano?

Yes, it is a stunner! I would like to hear your schedule as well.

I just got my tank set up and it is cycling now. I obviously don't have any livestock but would love to hear what works for you. I'm still figuring this controller out. It's easy to operate but you could get really complicated if you wanted to.

I am thinking about joining the AI club but have a couple questions. My tank is an aga 120 gallon tank. The dimensions are 24x24x48 and I am wondering how many fixtures I would need for a mixed reef. no sps to start with but would like to keep sps in the future. Thanks for the help and if you guys can convince me to go with AI's I'll be a part of the club really soon.

I am thinking about joining the AI club but have a couple questions. My tank is an aga 120 gallon tank. The dimensions are 24x24x48 and I am wondering how many fixtures I would need for a mixed reef. no sps to start with but would like to keep sps in the future. Thanks for the help and if you guys can convince me to go with AI's I'll be a part of the club really soon.

They have good penetration par. Now is the best time to get an AI because of the vega upgrades and the new controller.

Whoa oops, just re read your dimensions. I don't think you need more than 2. 3 would probably be overkill on 24". I have 24/24/12 and I only run one. At 11" from surface it hits all corners. I could even lower it, but then it would probably be too strong at that small depth.

My lfs has a 60 cube 24/24 and they only run 1 led fixture on it which is comparable to the SOL.

Edited by pschom
SouthFlorida_Tron

one of the biggest misconceptions about radion vs ai is that the radion actually has horrible par on large tanks!

i saw the par tests ai vs radion at my LFS, the radion dropped tremendously after a few inches

in other words, the sol/vega will do great on large/deep tanks

Edited by SouthFlorida_Tron
SerenityReef
See +1^

Can I be added to the club? BC14 with a Sol Blue.

Sorry to ask, sure it is in the thread but anyone have suggestions on settings for the BC14?

Also doing a build on a RSM. I see many with RSM have moved to Radions for this, but I read the AI has better ability to penetrate deeps. Anyone running a Sol Blue with an RSM?

I have a couple of questions on the Ai Nano that I hope you won't mind me asking in the 'club' here - I don't think it needs it's own thread.

Anyway I am probably going to get an AI fixture sooner or later and am debating the nano - here are my questions:

1. Are there two versions of the AI Nano with different color mixes - blue and white? There isn't good information on their site about this, and all I see for sale is the "super blue" version.

2. Is an external controller module pretty much necessary for the AI nano?

3. Does it make any sense to buy now when the Vega stuff is inbound shortly? I know there isn't much info out, and it might / might not affect the nano, but should I wait for a month or so if I have no rush?

I am going to be adding this to a BioCube 29 HQI that lost it's HQI ;)

I have a couple of questions on the Ai Nano that I hope you won't mind me asking in the 'club' here - I don't think it needs it's own thread.

Anyway I am probably going to get an AI fixture sooner or later and am debating the nano - here are my questions:

1. Are there two versions of the AI Nano with different color mixes - blue and white? There isn't good information on their site about this, and all I see for sale is the "super blue" version.

2. Is an external controller module pretty much necessary for the AI nano?

3. Does it make any sense to buy now when the Vega stuff is inbound shortly? I know there isn't much info out, and it might / might not affect the nano, but should I wait for a month or so if I have no rush?

I am going to be adding this to a BioCube 29 HQI that lost it's HQI ;)

1. i'm pretty sure there's only 1 version of the nano. its the sol that comes in variations (sol blue,super blue etc)

2. the controller isn't necessary, you can still operate the light without it, however i would strongly say that to get the most out of the light a controller would be a good investment. so many things you can do with the controller

3. i think it's all about what your budget and needs are. if you have a small tank that a nano will be more than enough light for, then get the nano and spend the money that you would have used on a controller. if you want all the colors of the vega, you could get that. you can also pick up a used sol or something and get the upgrade kit which might save you a couple bucks. all depends. i haven't heard anything about AI changing the sol yet.

1. i'm pretty sure there's only 1 version of the nano. its the sol that comes in variations (sol blue,super blue etc)

2. the controller isn't necessary, you can still operate the light without it, however i would strongly say that to get the most out of the light a controller would be a good investment. so many things you can do with the controller

3. i think it's all about what your budget and needs are. if you have a small tank that a nano will be more than enough light for, then get the nano and spend the money that you would have used on a controller. if you want all the colors of the vega, you could get that. you can also pick up a used sol or something and get the upgrade kit which might save you a couple bucks. all depends. i haven't heard anything about AI changing the sol yet.

Thanks for the info! So is it only the Sol units that are getting 'vega upgrade' options? Also - is a "sol nano" different than just the "Ai Nano"? I see some places advertising it as the "SOL nano" and some have different pictures as well...

T1: 8:00 AM

WH:0

BL:10

RY:10

Ramp-10 min

Lunar- off

T2: 8:30 AM

WH:15

BL:40

RY:45

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T3: 10:00 AM

WH:30

BL:45

RY:50

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T4: 11:30 AM

WH:45

BL:70

RY:70

Ramp-45 min

Lunar- off

T5: 2:00 PM

BL:50

RY:60

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T6: 4:30 PM

WH:20

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T7: 6:30 PM

BL:20

RY:35

Ramp-45 min

Lunar- off

T8: 8:15 PM

Ramp-10 min

Lunar- off

T9: 9:00 PM

BL:0

RY:2

Ramp-5 min

Lunar- on

What's everyone's opinions for my settings?

T1: 8:00 AM

Ramp-10 min

Lunar- off

T2: 8:30 AM

RY:45

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T3: 10:00 AM

BL:45

RY:50

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T4: 11:30 AM

WH:45

BL:70

RY:70

Ramp-45 min

Lunar- off

T5: 2:00 PM

BL:50

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T6: 4:30 PM

WH:20

Ramp-20 min

Lunar- off

T7: 6:30 PM

BL:20

RY:35

Ramp-45 min

Lunar- off

T8: 8:15 PM

Ramp-10 min

Lunar- off

T9: 9:00 PM

BL:0

RY:2

Ramp-5 min

Lunar- on

What's everyone's opinions for my settings?

Looks fine, but do you work during the day? If so forget about enjoying your tank. That was annoying to me and I've since made the light cycle later in the day. Where it used to start at 8am now it starts at 1030am. Even if I get home at 7 there's still some daylight left.