Innovative Marine Aquariums

hello everyone I got a ai sol blue that I want to put over my 54g bow front just wondering if it is going to be enough, or do I need two? it would about 12 13" above the water. what do you guys think?

Paul

i would suggest 2. i have 1 on a 36g bowfront the outsides are a little dim. i may try and raise it a bit.

i got my profiles setup in my apex and now have a max of B45/RB45/W40.

SouthFlorida_Tron

where do u see that??? also, ive seen mixed info on the leds.... sites say 6 of each blue with only one red one green, but the review released shows they changed it to 4 of each blue and 2 red and green....

wheres the info on the retro... ill be the guinea pig!

I need some ideas for some ai mounting options for my IM 30 gallon nuvo.

3/4" conduit with some mounting clamps. conduit - $4, clamps - $5, spray paint - $5, conduit bender - $45 (returned after using). i had never bent conduit before so i wasted 1 10' section of conduit on practice.

1347395354.jpg

3/4" conduit with some mounting clamps. conduit - $4, clamps - $5, spray paint - $5, conduit bender - $45 (returned after using). i had never bent conduit before so i wasted 1 10' section of conduit on practice.

1347395354.jpg

That is what I was planning on doing but wasnt sure if the conduit was enough for the weight of the light. Do you have any pics of how you mounted the light to the conduit?

250 for the sol to Vega upgrade... Not bad

not bad at all! considering all the stuff it is going to change in the sol.

where do u see that??? also, ive seen mixed info on the leds.... sites say 6 of each blue with only one red one green, but the review released shows they changed it to 4 of each blue and 2 red and green....

lol me too! i swear i'm gonig to order it as soon as they post it on their site for sale.

Right on the front page of there website.

That is what I was planning on doing but wasnt sure if the conduit was enough for the weight of the light. Do you have any pics of how you mounted the light to the conduit?

it seems to hold it just fine. i've seen other people do it and not have any problems. i think with 3/4" its plenty, 1/2" might be a little weak.

i don't have any pics but i used those same clamps (came in a back of 5) and mounted the pole to the side of my stand.

the flat part is what is mounted to the AI screws and i used the same side to mount a screw into the stand.

154342cc-f4a9-4997-a4a9-67728a3089fb_300.jpg

3/4” conduit is plenty strong. A lot of hardware stores will bend the conduit pipe for you free of charge.

Oh yea another option to the clamps is drilling through the conduit and just getting longer bolts that will go through the pipe and straight into the Al

3/4” conduit is plenty strong. A lot of hardware stores will bend the conduit pipe for you free of charge.

Oh yea another option to the clamps is drilling through the conduit and just getting longer bolts that will go through the pipe and straight into the Al

i was going to do the drill route but this was so much easier than finding the right screws and what not.

how are you guys liking the new controller? I just ordered a nano with the new controller. It wont be wireless yet til they release the adapter :(

but any solid reviews out there for the controller yet?

Got the new controller but I got married on Saturday so I haven't had a chance to test it out. I should have some time tonight to play around with it so I'll post up my review then

It is a lot better than the old controller

but it feels cheap and also is not very wireless... you need to have it plugged into the wall so it can keep the timers active :huh: , It also did not come with any instructions but what ai product does.

Got a chance to set it up. I was getting a bit frustrated with it because the first 4 timers were already set so it wouldn't let me setup my own until the next timer was inactive, took me a bit to figure that out. There's no buttons on it more like a touch screen type thing but with arrows. I don't have the wireless adapter yet but I thought the controller held a charge? I have mine connected with the same wire as the old one.

A few more features than the old one like the cloud cover and some extra timers (who uses 15+ timers? I only have 4 lol) and of course the wireless but it's not far off from the old one.

Btw I'm selling my old controller if anyone is looking for one.

Got the new controller but I got married on Saturday so I haven't had a chance to test it out. I should have some time tonight to play around with it so I'll post up my review then

congrats man

Got a chance to set it up. I was getting a bit frustrated with it because the first 4 timers were already set so it wouldn't let me setup my own until the next timer was inactive, took me a bit to figure that out. There's no buttons on it more like a touch screen type thing but with arrows. I don't have the wireless adapter yet but I thought the controller held a charge? I have mine connected with the same wire as the old one.

A few more features than the old one like the cloud cover and some extra timers (who uses 15+ timers? I only have 4 lol) and of course the wireless but it's not far off from the old one.

Btw I'm selling my old controller if anyone is looking for one.

Is the cloud cover cool? How does it work?

Btw congrats on the wedding! GL.

Edited by pschom

Thanks guys

Well I've switched back to the old controller. I'm leaving for th honeymoon to Vegas for a couple of days and for some reason today around noon when the tank should be nice and bright it was dark as hell. I thought it could be the cloud cover deal but I turned it off and it made no difference? I double and tripple checked my timers and they are the same? I don't trust it enough to leave it.

hm could be your power supply?

I been reading a lot of people having faulty plug units

try using usb thru computer or a cell phone usb plug convertor to see if that could potentially be the problem