Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A lot of really great info here - wish I would have found this months ago...

Here's mine:

DSC_3916%20(2).jpg?psid=1

llX made a suggestion my cycle might be too powerful. made some changes - Reef Angel controlled:

10:00 RB on at 20% 180 min ramp to 40% for 6 hours then back down

10:15 BLUE on at 15% 180 min ramp to 40% for 5.5 hours then back down

10:30 White on at 10% 210 min ramp to 40% for 4 hours then back down

Let me know what you guys think. this is changing from W/B/RB on at 10AM 30/35/35 ramp up in 2 hours to 50/55/55.

Goal is to have a 4 hour full photo period while bringing more blue throughout the day for coloration.

Has anyone run a par meter on their setup? I just threw one on for a couple of quick checks and at current height of 10" above water (24" above sand) at 100% par was only 200 at highest coral... Yet I KNOW if I go much over 50% on the lights, I will burn things. Just curious.

Deleted User 4

Has anyone run a par meter on their setup? I just threw one on for a couple of quick checks and at current height of 10" above water (24" above sand) at 100% par was only 200 at highest coral... Yet I KNOW if I go much over 50% on the lights, I will burn things. Just curious.

Umm I only recommended that you set the intensities at 50 55 55 for 4 hrs instead of 8 hrs. That's the only part I asked you to change ahah.

Umm I only recommended that you set the intensities at 50 55 55 for 4 hrs instead of 8 hrs. That's the only part I asked you to change ahah.

Yes... I got that suggestion. I am more curious about the par ratings others are seeing...

bluprntguy - that's good info. I am just trying to understand it with the lower par yet seem to be much stronger.

I am just trying to wrap my brain around the best settings to maximize color and growth.

More blues in the morning and night and a good middle photo period of around 4 hours per your suggestion. I guess it's all fun and games.

:)

I have 2 AI Nano's over my tank right now. I'm about 8 inches off the water. What is the max % I should go on mine? I had 2 Kessil A150Ws over this tank at about 5 inches. Thanks.

Deleted User 4

I have 2 AI Nano's over my tank right now. I'm about 8 inches off the water. What is the max % I should go on mine? I had 2 Kessil A150Ws over this tank at about 5 inches. Thanks.

Post some pictures and dimensions of the tank :)

I came here expecting to find you asking to be voted into the club. I leave disappointed.

I'm too good for a mother####in club.

Deleted User 4

I'm too good for a mother####in club.

Lololol...............

For any other club other than Ai. Ai is the best club there is in the world.

Lololol...............

For any other club other than Ai. Ai is the best club there is in the world.

Dude jump off the AI crotch. It isn't attractive.

They are good lights. But FAR from the best. I'll probably keep mine 6 months and then move on to something better and more interesting. Honestly I'm bored of them already.

Deleted User 4

Dude jump off the AI crotch. It isn't attractive.

They are good lights. But FAR from the best. I'll probably keep mine 6 months and then move on to something better and more interesting. Honestly I'm bored of them already.

Dude, chill man. I was jk'ing....you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic? Sheeeshhhh lololol

Edit* But please don't get rid of it. :)

Tanks is 25lx12wx10h. Thoughts? Didn't want this to get buried in our banter.

Kessils: PAR 6" FROM LIGHT: 400 AI Nano PAR 6" FROM LIGHT: 650 I'd start at 50% and ramp up to about 2/3 max. Keep your whites about 50% of the blues. That said, I have one AI Nano on my 24" tank and I can fry SPS at 75%. I'm guessing my water is clearer than yours from dosing vodka and maybe my rock work is higher.

It could be clearer. Mine hardly has any organics floating. I pride myself in that. haha.

Right now I have my whites at 32% blues at 38% and royals at 38%. Sound good to start?

Oh and my rockwork is about 1-2 inches from water surface at points. You can see in pics on my tank thread.

Deleted User 4

It could be clearer. Mine hardly has any organics floating. I pride myself in that. haha.

Right now I have my whites at 32% blues at 38% and royals at 38%. Sound good to start?

Oh and my rockwork is about 1-2 inches from water surface at points. You can see in pics on my tank thread.

I would go 25%whites, 30%royal blues and 35% blues. Have you used ramp times yet?

Assuming the lights are mounted at about the same height as the kessils were, I'd say its probably about equivalent. I'd turn the whites down a bit and the blues up a bit personally.

The Kessils were about 5 inches from the water. I don't like the tank super blue. I'll adjust it accordingly but I think I have it where I like it. Or is there another reason for less white and more blue?

I would go 25%whites, 30%royal blues and 35% blues. Have you used ramp times yet?

Why just because you like more blue? I have. It ramps up over 30 minutes to full power. And then ramps down over 30 minutes. I think I'm gonna push the ramp up and down to an hour though. My photoperiod is 9 hours. It was 10 with the Kessils.

The AI's look like they are much higher. You'll probably be able to ramp it up. Just be careful ramping up the white. It can go from perfectly fine to scorched earth in a single 1% increment.

Ya that is what I heard. You think I'm fine where I am for awhile? I think I'll bump up 2% white and 2% blues every 4 or 5 days to slowly acclimate. I'm fairly certain the AIs are atleast 3 inches higher than the Kessils were.

Sounds like a good plan. My experience is that once you start notice bleaching from ramping up, you went by the perfect setting about two weeks ago, so you have to dial it back down a bit.

Ya. Luckily I only have 2 SPS. So I'll know when zoas are angry because they will close and not open. They hopefully will be alittle more forgiving and know that I DO love them and I'm only trying to do what is best for them. hahahaha

Deleted User 4

Ya that is what I heard. You think I'm fine where I am for awhile? I think I'll bump up 2% white and 2% blues every 4 or 5 days to slowly acclimate. I'm fairly certain the AIs are atleast 3 inches higher than the Kessils were.

Hmmm I would start the ramp timing for an hr or longer than just 30min...

Also, I would just keep it at 25%whites, 30% royals, 35% blues for now and slowly adjust it by adding 2% every couple days for each one. It doesn't show too much blue either in my opinion.

My lighting schedule at the moment is:

1pm. W 11%

B 19%

RB 15%

Ramp time: 2 minutes 30 secs

3:30pm. W 15%

B 25%

RB 20%

Ramp time: 2 minutes

6:30pm. W 21%

B 31%

RB 26%

Ramp time: 1 minute and 10 secs

8:30pm. W 14%

B 25%

RB 18%

Ramp time: 1 minute

9:30pm. W 0%

B 10%

RB 10%

Ramp time: 1 minute 30 secs

11:30pm. W 0%

B 5%

RB 5%

Ramp time: 30 secs

12am. W 0%

B 0%

RB 0%

Ramp time: 5 secs

With such short ramp times you should just have the lights turn on. haha. You don't get the affect that ramping is supposed to provide.