Innovative Marine Aquariums

I guess I joined the club. Had an AI SOL blue sitting on my shelf for a few months and was finally able to get some time to cut my bookshelf and make some brackets.

004-1_zps91694b19.jpg

after tweaking the levels a bit:

005_zpsf3783a2c.jpg

I am ready to join the club. I finished installing my sol over a 29 gallon biocibe. I used the ai ext tank mount and have the new style controller. I was running the stock hqi before and have noticed about a 2 degree drop in temp so far.

I guess I joined the club. Had an AI SOL blue sitting on my shelf for a few months and was finally able to get some time to cut my bookshelf and make some brackets.

Nice rockryno. Do you have a thread on your building? I want to place my second Sol similar to what you do. After cutting the shelf do you secure the module somehow from the top side?

Nice rockryno. Do you have a thread on your building? I want to place my second Sol similar to what you do. After cutting the shelf do you secure the module somehow from the top side?

My sig has the build. For the mounts I just cut up some old bookends and bent em up proper.

015_zpscbf1dc7f.jpg

Maybe stupid question, but does anyone know if the new A360 Kessil light can be controlled by the SOL controller? Probably not but thought id ask.

Flex that looks awesome! And sol to vega and wireless adapter will be out this month!

Alright I need some details on this... What kind of tank and stand is that? Looks friggin' amazing. This might be my inspiration for my basement tank this summer. Scape looks really good too

This is awesome. Nice work!

Thank you guys! Sorry I haven't been around much, things have been super busy between the house and setting up the new tank.

Mpsi05: finally! Defiantly going to pick up one of those although I haven't seen anywhere that has it for sale yet. I hope it's not too expensive.

Busterdb: thanks man. The tank is custom made, belonged to a friend of mine who sold it to another friend. He unfortunately couldn't get it going so I picked it up off of him for a price that was just too good to pass up. I was so close to getting a different custom tank made but it was easily 6x more In price. The stand is nothing special just made out of 2x4s.

Pschom: thanks a lot man!

Here's a bit of an update, it's wet, just finished the cycle, and doing pretty good so far. I'm getting used to having such a bigger tank.

8547063793_ea81215dc1.jpg

8548167904_35ff8fa1c3.jpg

Here's a question for you guys, I'm sure you guys heard of the new sol full spectrum upgrade, and I'm thinking about doing it.....although at $200 a unit that's kinda pricey. So I can either a) just run the 3 sols for now as they are and upgrade later or B) sell one of the sols now and upgrade the two units to the full spectrum.

Can't decide......

Thank you guys! Sorry I haven't been around much, things have been super busy between the house and setting up the new tank.

Mpsi05: finally! Defiantly going to pick up one of those although I haven't seen anywhere that has it for sale yet. I hope it's not too expensive.

Busterdb: thanks man. The tank is custom made, belonged to a friend of mine who sold it to another friend. He unfortunately couldn't get it going so I picked it up off of him for a price that was just too good to pass up. I was so close to getting a different custom tank made but it was easily 6x more In price. The stand is nothing special just made out of 2x4s.

Pschom: thanks a lot man!

Here's a bit of an update, it's wet, just finished the cycle, and doing pretty good so far. I'm getting used to having such a bigger tank.

8547063793_ea81215dc1.jpg

8548167904_35ff8fa1c3.jpg

Here's a question for you guys, I'm sure you guys heard of the new sol full spectrum upgrade, and I'm thinking about doing it.....although at $200 a unit that's kinda pricey. So I can either a) just run the 3 sols for now as they are and upgrade later or B) sell one of the sols now and upgrade the two units to the full spectrum.

Can't decide......

How about just putting one with a full spectrum in the middle? (after selling one of the SOLs)

I need to look through this thread to look for ideas on how to mount this thing over my a 29 gallon...

Hi guys! I'm starting soon a 10g tank (18x11x12"). I just need to take a decision concerning light solution... I was thinking first to set 1 or 2 PAR38 but some topic here showed me the AI nano. My questions are quite simple : do you think ai nano could be a good choice? I think there will be some dark areas regarding the tank size? I was planning to have lps and sps. But nothing sure. Thanks to all of you ;)

You'll be fine. I have the CPR Aquatic MRT which is 16x17.5x14 and it covers great. You'll love it. I know I do! Make sure you get the new controller. That is completely worth it and makes everything totally automatic. Make sure you update the firmware (very easy).

Lights ramping down
post-79022-0-88628000-1363749759_thumb.jpg
Lights fully on (FYI, the shimmer affect you see I caught on purpose. I have a FLO head attached to my Hydor pico pump which hits the surface of the water during the rotation and causes that affect as it diffuses the light.)
post-79022-0-18848700-1363095733_thumb.jpg

BTW, what you see above is with a max % right now of 35% w, 45% b, 45% rb on top and I believe I brought the one on the bottom to 100% w to get a good pic with my iPhone as it doesn't do well with the blues. The top pic I took with my Canon 3ti, but need to play with the white balance obviously.

How about just putting one with a full spectrum in the middle? (after selling one of the SOLs)

I need to look through this thread to look for ideas on how to mount this thing over my a 29 gallon...

that's a good idea. I can get 1 upgrade kit for the middle one and have the two regular ones on the ends. i think they come with 70 degree optic lenses? i'm going to have some nice sps at the top of the rocks, i just hope that the middle one will put the colors that far across.
The custom puck tool/preorder is now up at the AI website. So many choices.

Oooooh snap! You just spent my money! The wife thanks you.

• Like 1
eddiecorrea

SELLING MY BRAND NEW AI NANO WITH NEW CONTROLLER 300.00 9073176768

They are selling on here for $225 shipped.

Also why are you selling everything?

Thought you weren't gonna upgrade

I wasn't, but I ended up playing with a couple Kessil A350's in an LFS and wasn't too thrilled with the color blend. It's an awesome light, but factoring in everything upgrading the SOL makes the most sense. Gonna be fun to mess with all the settings.

I signed up for the 'list' does that mean they will email me when available and I pay then? I'm assuming the SOL controller won't work with the vega upgrade??

ultimate sps only

REALLY? you send me a link where you can get a brand new ai nano with the wireless controller for 225 shipped!!!!!!!!! i was offered 250 and turned it down and i just ordered this from marine depot 299 for the light and 79.99 for wireless controller. So lets see the link? thattle make me Happy that next time i can get one for cheaper im selling to pay a medical bill

bulkreef supply 299.99 for light 79.99 for controller

same for marinedepot

really the only two sites i ever order from due to the great cx service but im excited to see where i can get this stuff for way cheaper

yah i just checked all the sponsors their all the same price 299 for light 79.99 for controller so i call bs for getting the nano sol blue with controller for 225.00 new in box anywhere

ultimate sps only

as a matter of fact if you send me a link where you can get the new ai nano super blue with the wireless controller and wireless adapter for 225.00 I will donate mine for free lol i dont want to take this too far but i just dont understand how you can just throw out there oh yah i can get all that for 200 bucs brand new shipped just makes no since ... but ill be waiting for the link

ultimate sps only

You got too much time on your hands. Post in the hardware section. Your clogging up my email.

Im at work ive got about 3 more hours on my hand and i dont give a #### about you ####in email filter