Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anyone know of a way to mount the vega parallel to the tank? I dont want to hang anything from my ceiling or drill into my wall. I like the tank mounts, but looks like it will only mount perpendicular to the tank. My nuvo 38 is 24 long by 20. any suggestions??

SouthFlorida_Tron

you can try to use L-brackets and double sided tape to the wall but dont recommend it!....

lol

two screws into the wall and double sided tape will minimize the damage though...

Anyone know of a way to mount the vega parallel to the tank? I dont want to hang anything from my ceiling or drill into my wall. I like the tank mounts, but looks like it will only mount perpendicular to the tank. My nuvo 38 is 24 long by 20. any suggestions??

I always recommend the zero edge light tree. Pricey, but easy.

SouthFlorida_Tron

so long as the stand can support it!!! my ikea "bar" would flop like a sack of potatoes with that thing on it hahaha

• Like 1

I just got a new vega for my old corner tank. Ditched the old MH/T5 combo.....Used to have a solana LED on this tank but it crapped out soon after the company did....so finally back to LED's. Loving it. I used an extra rail and cut it and tapped it to allow lengthwise mounting. Here's how it came out.....

post-24620-0-19806900-1371413936_thumb.jpg

post-24620-0-37727500-1371413945_thumb.jpg

post-24620-0-54523500-1371413953_thumb.jpg

Can some one please post a picture of the back of their vega power supply. Just bought one used, and I'm having some power issues. just want to compare it to the one that was given with the light i got. thanks!

i'm waiting for my 3rd wireless adapter. first one only the green light would show, second one worked for 1min, then won't turn on at all and got super hot. waiting for the third one to come in the mail. just wondering if anyone else had problems with theirs.

shitty thing is that i have the vega upgrade working but i can't controll it yet.

Dude, WTF is it with those wireless adapters? They SUCK! Hard resets dont work. They lose conection w the controller every couple of days. Its complete bullsh!t.

I ordered my Beta Director this week. I was planning on picking up a heap of wireless adapters (4) but a little nervous with the reviews that are coming in.

Does anyone know, can I string together my 3 Sols and put a wireless adapter on ONE of them to connect with the Director? Is there an option to hardline connect to the Director?

• 2 weeks later...
Newb_reefer1

Hey everyone, this might be a little off topic but I'd like to ask a few questions.... I'm trying to setup a sleek modern looking sps reef tank, I've narrowed it down to 2 tanks, the solana 34 and the IM 38. I am looking for advice on the quality of the tanks aswell as what people use what led, and how well it maintains growth and color within your system.

1) I noticed some people are running the Innovative marine 38g tank, how do you like it ? Is the space in the back enough to put your filter media, skimmer, and possibly a refugium ?

2) next off I'm Completely lost as to what type of led to use on my setup, never used LEDs before and there are so many to chose from... Seeing as this is an aqua illumination club I would think everyone runs a type of their model, which model(s) would you suggest that provide enough light to keep a 38g sps tank ? I have been looking at the AI SOL & the AI vega in particular.

3) how does everyone like the quality of the AI LEDs ? Whatever the model, are they reliable, energy efficient, how well do they light up the display area of your aquarium and how has the growth and color of your corals been since you started using an AI led system ?

Ps. This is for the people who use Innovative marine 38g reef tanks with The AI sol or vega, do any of you use a sump or do you just use the chambers they give you in the filtration area ? Do things like, media basket, heater ,skimmer or a refugium chamber fit into the back of the IM38 ?

Thanks, kyle

Dude, WTF is it with those wireless adapters? They SUCK! Hard resets dont work. They lose conection w the controller every couple of days. Its complete bullsh!t.

lol glad to hear i'm not the only one with this problem....i've just resorted to leaving the three sol super blues. if it ain't broke don't fix it i guess.

I ordered my Beta Director this week. I was planning on picking up a heap of wireless adapters (4) but a little nervous with the reviews that are coming in.

Does anyone know, can I string together my 3 Sols and put a wireless adapter on ONE of them to connect with the Director? Is there an option to hardline connect to the Director?

i'm not sure about the director but you should be able to use it with the three chained together. it's just that you won't be able to controll them independantly from eachother....that is if you get the wireless adapter to work.

thought i'd throw an update for my situation, after Justin from AI and I were trying to figure this mess out with the adapters out etc, AI is going to send me a new Hydra with controller. customer service is awesome with AI.

AI no longer packages the Nano with the mounting arm. The MAP on the Nano is now $274.99 because they removed the arm. Arm is available separately for $24.99.

AI no longer packages the Nano with the mounting arm. The MAP on the Nano is now $274.99 because they removed the arm. Arm is available separately for $24.99.

I wish I knew that and wish AI changed the packaging. The box definitely still shows the arm as "contents in the box"

I wish I knew that and wish AI changed the packaging. The box definitely still shows the arm as "contents in the box"

My LFS and I were having this exact discussion last week. But as ZROGST said , skip the stock arm and consider it a favor from AI.

• Like 1

I don't know why everyone says the mounting arm is crap. It is a curved piece of plastic with screw holes in each end. There's not much here to go wrong. Works fine for me.

My hunch is people assume it should mount right up to every tank without modification. This isn't the case with most things worth having. I cut down the nylon screws that tighten against the glass so they wouldn't stick out so far and I replaced the light mounting hardware with stainless but I don't think the arm is crap.

nanoreefer11

thought i'd throw an update for my situation, after Justin from AI and I were trying to figure this mess out with the adapters out etc, AI is going to send me a new Hydra with controller. customer service is awesome with AI.

That's pretty awesome!

I just ordered 2x hydra upgrade kits and I'm waiting until those come in to see which controller I want to get.

How are you guys liking your hydras?

I don't know why everyone says the mounting arm is crap. It is a curved piece of plastic with screw holes in each end. There's not much here to go wrong. Works fine for me.

My hunch is people assume it should mount right up to every tank without modification. This isn't the case with most things worth having. I cut down the nylon screws that tighten against the glass so they wouldn't stick out so far and I replaced the light mounting hardware with stainless but I don't think the arm is crap.

Yea, honestly I have seen quite a few pics of the normal arm on a Biocube 14. I am assuming it will be ok, if not...then I will look for another solution. Wish me luck. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back into the hobby and just received my AI hyrda yesterday,so far i really like this light its very bright. one concern i have is that if its going to be enough for my tank or do i need another one my tank is a 55g cube 30L x 18W x 24D

Getting back into the hobby and just received my AI hyrda yesterday,so far i really like this light its very bright. one concern i have is that if its going to be enough for my tank or do i need another one my tank is a 55g cube 30L x 18W x 24D

I'd say your fine with one unit. Scape and place corals according to high/low light. As long as you don't see a lot of dark areas your good. Go minimalist with sps on a middle island.

I'd say your fine with one unit. Scape and place corals according to high/low light. As long as you don't see a lot of dark areas your good. Go minimalist with sps on a middle island.

Thanks! yeah i plan on doing my scape properly this time taking into account what corals need what light. I will post an FTS very soon with the hyrda once i get my stand and canopy done. It seems like getting back into the hobby is alot more fun this time around and i know what to do and not to do B). One thing i wanted to ask is, i didn't buy the controller just yet for the light as my tank isnt even set up yet,but i will be getting it soon. Can you adjust the intensity for each color and how much they ramp up and at what time?