Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

That looks pretty awesome. Sometimes I miss the black sand. Which did you use? I would think the nano is enough to light the middle, but the sides... Maybe a couple NPS on the sides and keep the sps for the upper middle.

As far as setting the intensity, it depends on the corals. If they're shriveling then adjust. For existing coral the setting should be like 30% max and adjusted up. I have no issues with new coral that is placed at the bottom.

That does look pretty nice, really. GL.

Sand is CaribSea Hawaiian Black.

Well, after reading through this thread for the past couple of days, I'm wondering if I should return the Nano and get the Vega. Thoughts?

joel sandoman

It took long enough and I still need to make some final adjustments but I am ready to join.

N6ufe.jpg?1

3Fklu.jpg?1

pihG2.jpg?1

White cords? Where did you get these?

sooooo anyone get their sol color upgrade yet? i'm about to order mine and a wireless adapter...

Ordering tomorrow!! Man I'm excited. I'm glad I waited.

Ok ... determined the Nano was too small for my tank since I don't have the room to raise it any higher. Ordered a new Vega in black today ... way too much light for my 16G Nuvo, but I am really looking forward to Director ;-)

Looks WAAAYYYY better ;-)

Thank you sir. Been contemplating about getting the Radion or Vega Color but I think that's overkill for my tank. Maybe I'll upgrade later down the road depending on what corals I have. So far, AI Nano has been great in my 15 gallon, I'm sure it will do just as good in my 12.5 gallon once I get my new fixture for the lights.

sooooo anyone get their sol color upgrade yet? i'm about to order mine and a wireless adapter...

Just curious.....i see their color puck upgrade on their site.......you can use it with the sol's? i would love it!

Just curious.....i see their color puck upgrade on their site.......you can use it with the sol's? i would love it!

No, only the Vega is able to use the new custom color pucks. Of course, you can first upgrade your Sol to a Vega......

I ordered the upgrade immediately. I think they are supposed to start shipping this Friday the 19th.

^that's what i thought? at first i thought that you can custom order your colors for the upgrade kit, but now i see that they are coming with 4 Cool White, 2 Deep Red, 2 Green, 2 Blue, 6 Royal Blue, 2 Deep Blue, 2 415nm Violet which is pretty much what i wanted anyway.

i'm anxious to see how it colors up sps, i have quite a few new frags, red convexa, pink mili, red digi, red planet which all mostly look purple because of the blues. i hope the color upgrade will bring out better colors in them.

Crazy looking. Are you using the AI Nano mount?

Yes ... so many of the home made ideas I've seen look so bad, so I just threw this together until I can figure out a better way to mount it to the tank (I can't hang it). It is only temporary, but I think that it looks really good.

Yes ... so many of the home made ideas I've seen look so bad, so I just threw this together until I can figure out a better way to mount it to the tank (I can't hang it). It is only temporary, but I think that it looks really good.

Use book shelves bracket mounts.

• 3 weeks later...

Received the SOL to VEGA upgrade kit yesterday. Have to get the new controller to use it all. Probably another week.

eddiecorrea

I've got an Apex VDM with AI cable for sale. $80 shipped OBO. PM me if interested.

OneOfDaZZZ

I have a 60 liter tank (approx 16 gal) tank I just upgraded from a 2 tube fixture (1 white 1 blue) that the tank came with to the Sol Super Blue bought at LFS. So far tank runs about 2 degrees cooler with the new light.

Posted 3 pics before, after and a closer up shot

Using some stainless steel wire to hang the light about 6 inch from top.

Running the following schedule

6am sunrise 1 hour ramp 25 60 60

10am noon 1 hour ramp 60 60 60

4pm evening 1 hour ramp 40 60 60

7pm sunset 30 min ramp 0 0 0

10 pm moonrise 30 min ramp 0 6 6

4 am moonset 30 min ramp 0 0 0

Tanks in my doorway area so its pretty much dark after dinner, wanted to try to follow normal sunrise and set as much as possible + I wake up everyday at 6am for work and its nice to watch the tank a few minutes every morning.

Noon phase is rather bright, but I haven't seen any corals having an adverse affect from the lights.

post-4952-0-46744800-1368843846_thumb.jpg

post-4952-0-28382500-1368843890_thumb.jpg

post-4952-0-51540900-1368843921_thumb.jpg