Coral Vue Hydros

1MP3R1AL

CURRENT FTS [NOVEMBER]:

nov-tank.jpg

FTS2.jpg

Specs

Tank: Advanced Acrylics 20X20X10 with overflow
Sump: Modded Eshopps RS-75
Lighting: Aqua Illuminations Sol Blue 2 RapidLED Par 38’s (3 Royal Blue, 1 Blue, 2 Cool White, 1 Warm White) and a future custom 6 LED 3mm UV moonlight
Movement: EcoSmart MP10
Sand: 50\50 mix of Natures Ocean Aragonite | Nature’s Ocean Live Sand
Livestock: Green Tongue, Frogspawn, GSP, Rics, tons of palys, etc, 2 clowns

I have upgraded from a 14 Gallon Biocube, and have always wanted a shallow tank since I have seen Hypes build. The setups that have inspired me the most are:

Hypes Archipelago
The SPS Legacy II
JR's Aquatica Oasis
and of course the infamous

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;) Your tank got me off my butt to make it happen. Thanks!

well this makes me all warm and fuzzy :D :D :D im glad that my tank inspired you. cant wait to see more of this

Anyone have any advice on which return pump I should get? I have my eye on the Rio 1400, MaxiJet 1800, and the QuietOne 3300. With the specs of 20X20X10, which would give me a nice return without being to much or not enough?

UPDATES:

I am setting this tank up in my living room on a table that sits very low. I have a really old couch, chair, and table that I have had in my possession for what seems like forever that I am going to have redone.

In order to hide the huge sump under the table, I had to tear apart the bottom.

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

14.jpeg

Completely stripped all of the old paint off of the light arm, repainted, and ran wires inside for a cleaner look.

g.jpeg

Cabinet currently

h.jpeg

Oh no! What is this brown stuff in my tank!? ;)

d.jpeg

More to come...

i dont see how the carpet would cause any problem... most likely help with any noises from pump vibrations :)

Im putting walls on the table the tank sits on, and a hard floor for the fuge to sit on. I also cut the fuge down some so its more easily reachable. It was a little to high. Also waiting on my Marineland 1800 to get here. Should be soon I hope!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys! I bought it from SushiYum. Not sure if he made it or bought it.

Hmm. Your light tree looks so familiar.....where I have I seen that before?

Looks good.

• 2 months later...

Archived