Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

hey guys, i got my nano over my biocube 14 everything looks amazing. I am hopefully going to upgrade my tank. im looking at doing the mr aqua 25 gallon. its 18x18x18 do you guys think the nano will be able to properly provide the coverage needed for a tank that size. i know raising the unit will give more coverage but not to sure what the nanos coverage range really is. thanks guys

Does anyone kno who has the nano + controller in stock?

PM sent.

hey guys, i got my nano over my biocube 14 everything looks amazing. I am hopefully going to upgrade my tank. im looking at doing the mr aqua 25 gallon. its 18x18x18 do you guys think the nano will be able to properly provide the coverage needed for a tank that size. i know raising the unit will give more coverage but not to sure what the nanos coverage range really is. thanks guys

YES. Nano will work and look great on 18 Cube

Add me to the list too. AI Sol Blue w/controller. I'll get an updated FTS tomorrow with the new scape. Don't want to reveal just yet. :D

DSC03129-2.jpg

Wow that looks great! Can't wait to see it running!

PakRX8 I was very close to going with the same setup (tank lights and overflow). Looks very sleek!

Thanks! Nice camera by the way. We have the black NEX-5N. Love it to death!

Wow that looks great! Can't wait to see it running!

Thanks! Looking forward to getting more photos up.

So I made a huge mistake! I went to one of my LFS that I knew didn't carry the sol. Walking around their fish gallery I happened upon a tank that looked so much different than the others. So much brighter, and everything in it looked really, REALLY good. Then I noticed the sign saying it was a sol (blue) and they'd be in stock soon.

If I wasn't sold before, looks like I am now. Now I just have to put the finishing touches on the new tank plan and figure out where to find some play money in the budget. :)

White balance might be off depending on monitor settings, as this photo is a lot bluer on our ipad versus the mac I edited it on. I am in total love with this light!

DSC03134-2.jpg

Edited by PakRX8
saltwatercoral

I noticed that another member was asking if they should get the controller for the SOL or not and if it is really needed. I posted a replay to him and I figured I would post it here since this is where a lot of people are looking for ideas, pics and inspiration...

I personally have 3 SOL Blues and with out the controller these would just be "ON" and the intensity would be way to powerful. To give you an example the pic I posted is what I did just to put the SOLS on the tank a soon as I got them for testing and to see how they looked... The optics on the SOLS are designed for a deeper tank vs say the optics on a "VEGA" which is for more of a spread. Here is the kicker... As you see in the pick half of the pucks are shining in the tank and the other half are just shining against the wood canopy. After a few seconds I noticed that there was a strange smoke coming from the SOLS. My first thought was O CRAP THERE BURNING UP, but there went. They were actually burning the wood that they were shining on. My point to the story is that the controller allows you to decrease the intensity so your corals wont bleach... GET THE CONTROLLER!

Onlyhalfofthepucksareshininginthetank.jpg

White balance might be off depending on monitor settings, as this photo is a lot bluer on our ipad versus the mac I edited it on. I am in total love with this light!

DSC03134-2.jpg

Sweet man! Congrats. Looks great!

Can the Reef Keeper Elite control these fully without having to buy AI's controller?

Do I need to add anything to the Elite to get this done?

I'd hate to waste money on the AI controller if adding a RKE in a few months.

Can the Reef Keeper Elite control these fully without having to buy AI's controller?

The RKE can control it. You just need to purchase the ALC module for the RK to control AI's lights. As far as I know, it's just as powerful as the Neptune controller.

yes if you buy the add on and its as expensive as the AI controller and i dont think it supports full functionality last time i checked. no thunderstorm( i dont use) and it controlls the blues as a single color. again this may have changed

Interesting, so in addition to the RKE Elite Net for $450 I would need the ALC Module for $80.00

which is the same price as the AquaIllumination controller which is $80 as well.

The RKE Elite Net for $450 will only control the lights on and off without the ALC Module.

And with the ALC Module I will have full control and only be missing thunderstorms.

Confirm/Deny.

bah, havning trouble with my hanging kit. my condo's celing is concrete....so i have to get slugs etc to mount it.

but i do have the sol ready to mount. modified the end brackets, basically drilled two new holes and rounded off the edges. the end heatsinks hold it into the rail. nice and secure.

09c5ab24.jpg

cut

43ddddd3.jpg

bff2dc80.jpg

very nice mod! Looks super clean. Is pressure the only thing holding it? Maybe try tapcon screws for that concrete ceiling. http://www.tapcon.com/concreteAnchor.asp

thanks man. ya basically, the end heat sinks sit perfectly in the rail, you can't pull it out unless you take off one of the black endcaps so it's nice and secure. pretty much impossible for it to fall off or out of the rails.

i tried to make a stand today but had to go to work so i kinda rushed it and i'm not happy with using it. so i have to see when my contractor buddy is free so he can toss some slugs in the celing. i want it to be overkill because with an open top, if that light falls...i'm out $600. :huh:

saltwatercoral
thanks man. ya basically, the end heat sinks sit perfectly in the rail, you can't pull it out unless you take off one of the black endcaps so it's nice and secure. pretty much impossible for it to fall off or out of the rails.

i tried to make a stand today but had to go to work so i kinda rushed it and i'm not happy with using it. so i have to see when my contractor buddy is free so he can toss some slugs in the celing. i want it to be overkill because with an open top, if that light falls...i'm out $600. :huh:

Def don't want that to fall! The you would be out that pluss maybe some fish and coral. Better to be safe the sorry! Nothin ever good comes from this hobby when it's rushed.

When you are ready for final assembly, maybe just run a thin bead of silicone between the rails and the heat sink for added insurance B)