Pod Your Reef

My wife picked me up a nano for my bday for my 14G Biocube! The arm sucks so I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to get it on.

Decided I'm going to make my own aquarium stand and mount a hanging arm to it.

So I patiently put it back in the box until I can get a new stand made (my current one sucks and finally have a good excuse to make one).

Just break out the dremel... This mod looks pretty easy and completely stock using AI arm on BC14 http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3728967

saltwatercoral

Some of you may or may not have noticed but I was at work updating the members list and our network whent out. When it came back up i had somehow lost more than half of the list... :angry: So now I need to go through all 50 some pages and look through every post and readd everyone back in. This will take some time so please bear with me, I WILL GET THIS DONE!!!

On a side note I did get my 3 SOLS mounted and here is a pic or 2.

Holes for the SOLS and the bare wood sealed

CutoutholesfortheSOLsandsealedthebarewood.jpg

Pic of the tank on 0w-2b-2rb (night settings) and you can see the 3 SOLS as well

FTSwiththe3BlackSols.jpg

My settings for the SOLS are bellow. How do they look to you all?

9AM, 2/5/5, 15 min ramp, Luner off

11AM, 5/10/10, 30 min ramp, Luner off

12PM, 10/18/18, 30 min ramp, Luner off

2PM, 15/25/25, 30 min ramp, Luner off

3PM, 10/18/18, 30 min ramp, Luner off

5PM, 5/10/10, 30 min ramp, Luner off

6PM, 2/5/5, 30 min ramp, Luner off

8PM, 0/4/4, 30 min ramp, Luner off

10PM, 0/2/2, 30 min ramp, Luner on

what is everyones settings like right now? Trying to get mine straight, not even sure if I am giving enough light, but I would rather be safe then sorry. Highest I am reaching is 20 28 30 currently for my 24 gallon nano..

saltwatercoral
what is everyones settings like right now? Trying to get mine straight, not even sure if I am giving enough light, but I would rather be safe then sorry. Highest I am reaching is 20 28 30 currently for my 24 gallon nano..

9AM, 2/5/5, 15 min ramp, Luner off

11AM, 5/10/10, 30 min ramp, Luner off

12PM, 10/18/18, 30 min ramp, Luner off

2PM, 15/25/25, 30 min ramp, Luner off

3PM, 10/18/18, 30 min ramp, Luner off

5PM, 5/10/10, 30 min ramp, Luner off

6PM, 2/5/5, 30 min ramp, Luner off

8PM, 0/4/4, 30 min ramp, Luner off

10PM, 0/0/1, 30 min ramp, Luner on

Edit: changed the 10pm to only 1% on the RB for a better/darker night light.

Edited by saltwatercoral

8am - 30/30/35, 180 min ramp up. Lunar off

6:45pm - 0/0/0, 180 min ramp down. Lunar off

10pm - 0/0/3, 5 min ramp up. Lunar on

Thunderstorm settings - 30% chance, 1 per day for all timers

I do not own an AI unit yet.. After much researching about AI Sol , Ecotech Radion and Boost MU fixtures.. I came across this thread and after reading about the Pheonix unit I'm sold on the AI Sol or Phoenix. Does anyone know if they are still going to release the Pheonix anytime soon?

Also are there any members who are using AI Sol over their Solana 34? Just want to know if the coverage is good enough.

saltwatercoral
I do not own an AI unit yet.. After much researching about AI Sol , Ecotech Radion and Boost MU fixtures.. I came across this thread and after reading about the Pheonix unit I'm sold on the AI Sol or Phoenix. Does anyone know if they are still going to release the Pheonix anytime soon?

Also are there any members who are using AI Sol over their Solana 34? Just want to know if the coverage is good enough.

The code name Phoenix is now officially called "Vega". I'm not sure about release date yet. It sounds like it will be soon according to AI.

saltwatercoral the 3 sols look great mounted there, with the black housing they look like they are just part of the stand.

i got my sol super blue mounted over the weekend too. basically got two concrete anchors that hold 1300lbs pulling force each. so i'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere. the wife says it makes the condo look trendy..haha :huh:

6867536281_f6d5945970_z.jpg

6867539417_745cf0e5b9_z.jpg

right now i'm really just using two timers, (i have them set a bit later because i work the evening shift and i like to look at the tank when i get home)

1. 11am 26,26,26 30min ramp

2. 11:30pm 0,2,2 5min ramp

thunderstorm set to 50% chance 1per day

as things get acclimated to the new lights i'll start to play around with more timers but even in the one day i've been seeing improvements in the tank. looks like my GSP has gotten bigger, and the clown fish have started to explore the entire tank now rather then sticking to one side like they always did.

Edited by Flexin5
The code name Phoenix is now officially called "Vega". I'm not sure about release date yet. It sounds like it will be soon according to AI.

If its soon I should wait.. I hope the delay is to add full spectrum?? fingerscrossed:o Kinda makes send since the Vega should be the only fixture to be competing against the Radions.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Again, since no1 saw my prior post...

from reef central, someone did a straight up test on ai SOL blue, radion, and vertex or w/e...

PAR Numbers @ 12" height

AquaIllumination

Center: 510

6" Left: 180

12" Forward: 120

Vertex Illumina

Center: 118

6" Left: 113

12" Forward: 109

Ecotech Radion

Center: 215

6" Left: 148

12" Forward: 130

PAR Numbers @ 6" Height

AquaIllumination

Center: 640

6" Left: 240

12" Forward: 103

Vertex Illumina

Center: 232

6" Left: 195

12" Forward: 171

Ecotech Radion

Center: 395

6" Left: 226

12" Forward: 158

Link to the thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...8048&page=4

SouthFlorida_Tron
Yeah.. I saw that thread, I've never questioned AI par values.. Just saying maybe AI is delaying/upgrading to add full spectrum.

I swore I'd jump ship if they doomed their company for not progressing with the market, but they'd be kings of the led market if they did add more colors..... It's too easy, I say they don't....

Yeah.. I read some more post on RC and they think they might be fixing minor details and or upgrading pucks that is what MIGHT BE causing the delay. We can still hope tho.. Either way I think I will wait to see what Vega has to offer before I make a decision. So glad I found this thread.

I swore I'd jump ship if they doomed their company for not progressing with the market, but they'd be kings of the led market if they did add more colors..... It's too easy, I say they don't....

Right now I need lights in about 1 month, but with the Vega on the near horizon I am trying to hold off.

It is not the wireless I care about but I would really like a full spectrum.

10PM, 0/0/1, 30 min ramp, Luner on

Edit: changed the 10pm to only 1% on the RB for a better/darker night light.

Turn lunar off if you just want it to be really dim all night. To get the true lunar effect, need at least 8%. Even set at 8% new moon was off for a couple days.

saltwatercoral
Turn lunar off if you just want it to be really dim all night. To get the true lunar effect, need at least 8%. Even set at 8% new moon was off for a couple days.

Here is a dumb newb question... What does the Luner do or not do? And 8% seems like alot of light for it being night time, or does it just seam like it? I know some members even have them all 100% off durring the night.

Here is a dumb newb question... What does the Luner do or not do? And 8% seems like alot of light for it being night time, or does it just seam like it? I know some members even have them all 100% off durring the night.

Lunar ON mimics the actual lunar cycle. So when you set the intensity with lunar on you are setting maximum intensity at full moon phase. The AI controller dims appropriately so at new moon and 8% intensity it will actually be 0% and gradually brighten to 8% at full moon and fall again.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Lunar naturally goes by a pre programmed cycle of the actual moon depending how full it is on that "day" it goes from a certain % each night. But on nanos, it's like peak lighting sometimes lol (just mean its bright)

What I do is programmed a timer to run 0/1/0 for 3 hours after lights out to improve spawning

Right now I need lights in about 1 month, but with the Vega on the near horizon I am trying to hold off.

It is not the wireless I care about but I would really like a full spectrum.

Yup.. There is still hope. lol I want to wait even if there is a slim chance.

Just got my AI Nano and control today! Thanks Synrg for the fast shipping! So now the big question is...

What should I set it to?

I have the Fluval Edge 12 gallon the tank is 17.5" tall. The light would be placed under the stock hood. I have 1.5" sand bed and the rock work just comes up a little past the halfway mark. (Check out my build thread below for pics) I only have a shroom garden at the bottom right and some zoas coming up from the sandbed to midway of rockscape on the left side and a GSP on the sandbed. I plan on getting some more corals over the weekend. Mostly softies and LPS but maybe one or two SPS. I leave for work at around 8am and come home around 7pm.

What would the best settings be for this set up? (Including moonlighting)