Coral Vue Hydros

I just wanted to make myself official to the Aqua Illuminations Club! Here are my 3 Black SOL Blues!

Here is a pick for ya Tron! :D

HereyagoTron.jpg

YEAHHHHHH!!!! Especially like the last picture. I think TRONs may have a little more blue though =)

Edited by SynRG
saltwatercoral

His def does. When I get my lights actualy mounted corretly this weekend I will post another pick so all the pucks will be reflecting and not just half of them.

Finally joining the club! My tank is an Oceanic 76g. half-circle, established 7/11. The shape of the tank presents some lighting challenges. After pre-ordering Maxspect Mazarras and then reading all of the not-so-stellar reviews, I cancelled my order and bought 2 AI Sol Super Blues. I couldn't be happier! Lights currently run on for 12 hours at W- 38, B- 38, RB- 38 for most of the day. I have found that anything higher causes bleaching. Although this is a rather deep tank at 24", the modules sit 8" off of the tank on top of the fake canopy.

post-45694-1328202510_thumb.jpg

post-45694-1328202529_thumb.jpg

saltwatercoral
Finally joining the club! My tank is an Oceanic 76g. half-circle, established 7/11. The shape of the tank presents some lighting challenges. After pre-ordering Maxspect Mazarras and then reading all of the not-so-stellar reviews, I cancelled my order and bought 2 AI Sol Super Blues. I couldn't be happier! Lights currently run on for 12 hours at W- 38, B- 38, RB- 38 for most of the day. I have found that anything higher causes bleaching. Although this is a rather deep tank at 24", the modules sit 8" off of the tank on top of the fake canopy.

post-45694-1328202510_thumb.jpg

post-45694-1328202529_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Club Streesong! :welcome:

Glad to see you are lighting your nice looking tank with the SOL'S!

saltwatercoral, congrats on the new lights! makes me wonder if i should have gotten the black ones.

and these things are bad for kid's eyes? my daughter likes looking at the tank :huh:

oh and i thought this thread could use this (if it hasen't already been posted) but i found two ways on the net to mount the sol blue length wise.

1. the origional rails fit onto the end heatsinks, so you just have to make a simple rectangle with holes to secure the two rails together.

2011-11-17_12-35-50_527.jpg

or 2. buy another set of rails, cut them to size, drill and tap a screw/bolt into the sides and slide it into the rail.

Hanging%20Bracket%201.JPG

Hanging%20Bracket%202.JPG

Hanging%20Bracket%205.JPG

That looks rally nice. Not everyday you see a half circle tank. I like, but makes it hard to get a good angle for a close up. Looks great.

saltwatercoral, congrats on the new lights! makes me wonder if i should have gotten the black ones.

and these things are bad for kid's eyes? my daughter likes looking at the tank :huh:

Yeah dude. I might see what's up with that. The black ones I mean.

And yeah I had the same question when I read that post. I remember reading that you shouldn't look directly into the stunner strip so m assuming that applies to the sol LEDs as well. But...you shouldn't look into the sun either and thats not going away.... I dont think my kid looks at the light. Unless it starts raining. Then none of us can help it. It's so awesome.

Does the nano version come with the mount to attach to the back of my biocube? Can't see to find that info anywhere.

Yes it comes with a mounting arm, but you will need to mount it on the false wall between the chambers and the display. Opening on the stock mounting arm is not wide enough to mount it on the back wall of the BCs.

This is how I did it on my BC29 HQI http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3593824

Edited by SynRG

I am running 55 60 60 for 3 hrs and then 60 65 65 for another three as the high points in my daily schedule.my sps are doing ok but the tips are white and the colors are just SO so. Do they need more light ?..they are at the top of. My tank,really trying to get good coloration.have ha the nano for about 6 weeks

Try TB-Aquatics ... their site says they have the nano in stock and limited quantities (4) of the AI controllers.

http://www.tbaquatics.com/

i Hope this is the right place to post this. i just purchased the sol nano and controller from tbaquatics and have a problem with the display on the controller. Its missing one horizontal line making it very hard to read, also the timers are not working right. I just got this one wednesday, and plugged it in today. TBaquatics is refusing to take it back even though its defective! wth. now im stuck with a bad controller and have to deal with warranty issues. See the bottom line on the top row, its missing.

post-33571-1328423953_thumb.jpg

i Hope this is the right place to post this. i just purchased the sol nano and controller from tbaquatics and have a problem with the display on the controller. Its missing one horizontal line making it very hard to read, also the timers are not working right. I just got this one wednesday, and plugged it in today. TBaquatics is refusing to take it back even though its defective! wth. now im stuck with a bad controller and have to deal with warranty issues. See the bottom line on the top row, its missing.
Just open a case with AI directly they will make it right.
saltwatercoral

+1. AI has the best customer service and will get u back up and working.

+2. TB-Aquatics should at least put you directly in contact with AI to get things resolved though.

When I got my Nano it was missing the nylon screws to attach the mounting arm to glass ... I received them direct from AI within days. They have also been good to answer questions I have had about using the controller and even gave me some general advice on my settings.

See my quote under the avatar. I've been through three of these. That's not to sound negative, but to say I've had experience. So you need to call AI immediately after you open a support thread. They will send another controller to you within three days. Just use that box to send told one back in. No sweat.

Also, I never understand why people put any thought into getting good customer service from a fish store. They sell fish for petes sake. Now if they were installing an aquarium in some ones home and were being paid thousands that's a little bit different, but I wouldn't count on them to stay in business long enough to support me when there's an issue.

Now, companies that manufacture these products absolutely must have good service, and surprisingly enough to me (even after three years of reefing) most do!

See my quote under the avatar. I've been through three of these. That's not to sound negative, but to say I've had experience. So you need to call AI immediately after you open a support thread. They will send another controller to you within three days. Just use that box to send told one back in. No sweat.

Wow.. Ok, i did open a case with AI last night. I hope you guys are right and they will fix it. Im quite upset with TB though. Basically they dont have a return policy, defective or not! Notice on their site, no return policy listed. I wish i had known that before i placed the order. These days we have to be careful buying online - cannot assume anything.