Innovative Marine Aquariums

I also float acclimate...I did not know I could switch to manual mode and lower the lights and then switch back to my regular settings and they would be saved.

Robert

Could you explain float acclimation to me. I drip acclimate and would like to know the less stressful way.

Could you explain float acclimation to me. I drip acclimate and would like to know the less stressful way.

you pretty much just float the unopened bag with the coral in it, in the tank for about half hour to an hour. some do lights off, i leave mine on and everythings happy, opens right away.

With you having a 20L I would def mount it length wise. Your coverage will be so much better!

that's what i thought. now the only question is how..LOL

Edited by Flexin5
I also float acclimate...I did not know I could switch to manual mode and lower the lights and then switch back to my regular settings and they would be saved.

Robert

you pretty much just float the unopened bag with the coral in it, in the tank for about half hour to an hour. some do lights off, i leave mine on and everythings happy, opens right away.

Thanks!

I'll have to give it a shot on WED.

Sure.

Dim lights to 30% of normal in manual mode

Float bag unopened for 10-15

Open bag (I've been using a plastic hose clamp to pinch bag and side of tank glass)

With bag still floating add like 1/2 cup of tank water every five minutes until you have doubled the volume in the bag (for small bags use like 10-20ml mr coral always gives these tiny bags that are a pita...)

When volume is doubled dump half in sink and repeat

When bag is full again place water and coral in tank (I discard all the water from the bag if there's a fish in it. I feel like it's like adding concentrated nitrates. That is unless you only drove like 20 minutes hom from the lfs with your new fish. If shipped discard!)

At night just switch the lights back onto auto and leave coral at bottom for a week.

One more thing. I always top off to normal level in the tank and have some saltwater handy to replace what was lost from dumping into the sink.

Excluding monti caps, all my sps frags used to brown until I did it this way. I added a real nice Ponape Birdsnest on Friday using this method. It has retained it's color and looks great. Thanks again SFTron!

that's what i thought. now the only question is how..LOL

Check out the different builds from the front page. You could probably put something together at home depot that looks good.

Edited by pschom
saltwatercoral

Tron does have some really good ideas! That's what I was hoping when I created this thread... That there would be some big players to step up to the plate when needed and it seems like there has been time after time. Thank you everyone that has had any part in this forum! We are at 35,000 views! This is what I was hoping for... Knowledge!

Hey AI owners, I've been thinking about getting the nano with my tax return as a little me present. I have a long shallow reef (24x15x8.5 in tall) and I'm not entirely sure it'll cover it. If there is like an inch of darkness it'd be alright, so what do you guys think? I could probably end up fabbing a taller tank mount for it anyway (would obviously much rather not have to do this). The other question is about the temperature color I should get. I remember them talking about the warm white fixtures being released by haven't seen them at any online retailers.

As for my coral stocking, I have mainly LPS (euphyllia pretty much) and have a couple RBTAs. I'd love the pop for the greens blues purples in the lps, but how will my RBTA look under it?

Also: I considered getting the fullsized machine but I don't think I'm going to go with it. I plan on buying the nano then getting a controller when I sell my current fixture so that extra $100 would really steer me away from this (hitting almost $500 on lighting for a dorm tank? No thank you). Other problem is I have no wall, ceiling or stand mounting options so, I'd need a tank mount and wouldn't be able to throw one together for a bit.

Thanks in advance! I'm hoping this will be a good solution for my system, getting tired of T5HO bulb costs already.

Edited by sogreedy23

with the stock arm it will cover an 18x18 area just fine. You could mount it higher, but I would just watch the forums and pick up a full sized Sol, there's a guy selling one for $325 I believe

do you think they will ever add in different LED colors into these fixtures? Seems like a few of the popular high end LED fixtures have some red, green, or uv led's in them.

So which of those fancy aquarium controllers can fully control the AI Sol Blue's (minus the thunderstorm mode). I ask because if I can I want to skip the AI controller and just control the lights from lets say the Apex or RKE.

Thanks!

saltwatercoral
L9995715.jpg

3 Nanos before returning one.

Welcome to the club hustlah!

:welcome:

Why did you return one?

So which of those fancy aquarium controllers can fully control the AI Sol Blue's (minus the thunderstorm mode). I ask because if I can I want to skip the AI controller and just control the lights from lets say the Apex or RKE.

Thanks!

I have a ReefKeeper and it will work with that controller. I dont any experiance with anything other than the AI controller but it can be interfaced with the following acording to there site:

AI Controller

GHL Profilux

Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper

Neptune Apex

Hope this helps!

SouthFlorida_Tron
do you think they will ever add in different LED colors into these fixtures? Seems like a few of the popular high end LED fixtures have some red, green, or uv led's in them.

They'd be stupid not to move on with the competition & add spectrum, if vega doesn't I'm jumping ship.

why not just one sol blue?

1) I didn't find a good way to mount it without making a hole in the wall.

2) I needed a fixture which can cover my tank 5" above the water to protect my daughter's eyes. One Sol can't cover it.

3) I like XM-L.

1) I didn't find a good way to mount it without making a hole in the wall.

2) I needed a fixture which can cover my tank 5" above the water to protect my daughter's eyes. One Sol can't cover it.

3) I like XM-L.

I think you will be very happy with 2 NANO. Should be perfect coverage. Agree the third was not needed. Great looking set up. You basically have a VEGA over it with more flexibility on placement B)

saltwatercoral
I think you will be very happy with 2 NANO. Should be perfect coverage. Agree the third was not needed. Great looking set up. You basically have a VEGA over it with more flexibility on placement B)

+1 on the vega. Good way to look at it SynRG!

+1 on the vega. Good way to look at it SynRG!

I'm very happy with 2 Ai Nanos.

2 x Ai Nano have better coverage than 1 x Vega, especially on 5" above water.

I selected 2 Nanos over Vega simply for that reason.

One Nano came with serial number damaged. That's why I returned it.

Edited by hustlah
They'd be stupid not to move on with the competition & add spectrum, if vega doesn't I'm jumping ship.

exactly. I was thinking of getting a SOL blue but if they are going to add different color LED's then I can wait.

And when or if they do add different colors the current ones should be even cheaper maybe

Edited by Daveg99

Anyone have any sleek ideas for hanging a Sol blue from the wall?

I got a unit coming Friday and I'm not sure what to mount it on. This will be going on a 34g Solana about 16" from the wall.

Anyone have any sleek ideas for hanging a Sol blue from the wall?

I got a unit coming Friday and I'm not sure what to mount it on. This will be going on a 34g Solana about 16" from the wall.

I used some L brackets from homedepot and cut the center supports out for a cleaner look. They are 15.5" from the wall, check my thread for pics. If had to do it again I'm leaning toward this http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=160

saltwatercoral

I just wanted to make myself official to the Aqua Illuminations Club! Here are my 3 Black SOL Blues!

3SOLs.jpg

I didn’t want to go cutting up my canopy tonight since I am so tired so I made use of the vent hole that was there. Unfortunately I could only get half of each SOL's pucks to shine in the tank... This is a pick to show you what I am talking about...

Onlyhalfofthepucksareshininginthetank.jpg

OnlyhalfofeachSOLisshowing.jpg

Here is a pick for ya Tron! :D

HereyagoTron.jpg