Pod Your Reef

Does anyone know if AI is planning on releasing pucks with neutral or warm white LED's? I would really like to see a little more red ... Would also love to have a puck with UV (not real UV, 400ish nm).

Any news on that front?

saltwatercoral

Does anyone know if AI is planning on releasing pucks with neutral or warm white LED's? I would really like to see a little more red ... Would also love to have a puck with UV (not real UV, 400ish nm).

Any news on that front?

[/quote

I now they were saying that they were able to get a full color spectrum Out of what they had for the Vega. Don't know what that means though?

So how high should I hang my AI? lol So how high should I hang 2 sols over a 40 breeder is 8 inches high enough? The light is not centered it reaches 10" out. thanks for your help guys.

I'm thinking about getting the AI SOL fixture. Can I customize it with a computer program so i.e. 8:00AM Light is at 15%, 10AM Light is at 45%, etc? Or do I have to do it manually each day?

SouthFlorida_Tron
I'm thinking about getting the AI SOL fixture. Can I customize it with a computer program so i.e. 8:00AM Light is at 15%, 10AM Light is at 45%, etc? Or do I have to do it manually each day?

If u get the controller, u add timers, with %'s desired.... And voila.

So how high should I hang my AI? lol So how high should I hang 2 sols over a 40 breeder is 8 inches high enough? The light is not centered it reaches 10" out. thanks for your help guys.

10-12" if not higher is rule of thumb.

Any news on that front?

I now they were saying that they were able to get a full color spectrum Out of what they had for the Vega. Don't know what that means though?

Im thinking of adding a stunner strip.... Magenta or 403nm? (uv)

I've read a few threads over at RC and people who have tried the stunner strips are saying that its basically pointless because they just get drowned out by the blue. Also you may get color mixing issues (rainbow effect) with the magenta's. The UV's alone will simply add to the 'too blue' sterile look.

I asked AI last week, and just got this response a few mins ago:

"Thank you for the inquiry. We are working on a supplemental lighting scheme at this moment to be released somewhere down the road. This will include an array of different colors as well. As far as adding colors to the LED puck assemblies, I am uncertain at this time if we will be adding a neutral/warm white to the mix. Stay tuned to our website though, and add yourself to our contact list that will include this type of information on release dates and new products to come: http://www.aquaillumination.com/contact.html

Thank you for your patronage to the AI line and have a great day,

Best Regards,

Justin

AI"

Edited by acropora1981
God they're so full of it there...

I also read the stunner gets drowned out but just to add that missing uv spectrum...

lol I know right? What do you mean by 'somewhere down the road'... give me a time frame so that I can either a)wait for it or b)find my own solution...

Edited by acropora1981

I just asked about what 'somewhere down the line' is, and I got this

"You are correct that you would just have to use the same ratios on the pucks and this would work. When I say "down the road" i am implying that this has not been talked about and would need to be brought to the attention of our design team. From there they may say it is a possible option, however, it is not in the works at the present moment. Once again, stay tuned to our site and we will have these updates available in the future. "

Thats a better answer for me :)

I'm about to purchase the AI Sol. Which one should I get? White or Super Blue? I don't understand the difference because can't you change the intensity of each color?

I want a 14K look, if that matters.

I'm about to purchase the AI Sol. Which one should I get? White or Super Blue? I don't understand the difference because can't you change the intensity of each color?

I want a 14K look, if that matters.

Get the newer one, the one with five LED per puck. Called Phoenix maybe? No... Vega. Its full spectrum.

Edited by acropora1981
Get the newer one, the one with five LED per puck. Called Phoenix maybe? No... Vega. Its full spectrum.

When is it suppose to be out? And is it equivalent to a 250MH at full intensity?

When is it suppose to be out? And is it equivalent to a 250MH at full intensity?

I recommend getting the SOL Blue if you want something awesome now. Yes you can change the intensity of White/Blue/Royal separately with the AI Controller so it is easy to dial in the look you want.

I do not think AI will have any other colors added to their new VEGA. Hopefully they will to be on PAR with Radion, but at this point that may be wishful thinking. I fully expect they will release the VEGA with the same pucks as the NANO just twice as many. That was what I was told by Justin from AI a few months back.

As for the VEGA release date... Only AI knows and they may not even know. We are all eagerly awaiting it though.

Thanks for the Feedback SynRG!

Last question before I order my Sol and AI controller;

Do I need to purchase the "Aqua Illuminations Controller Cable" separately, or does the controller come with it?

Thanks once again!

Thanks for the Feedback SynRG!

Last question before I order my Sol and AI controller;

Do I need to purchase the "Aqua Illuminations Controller Cable" separately, or does the controller come with it?

Thanks once again!

Comes with it.

Not sure how deep your tank is or what your keeping, but as a general rule 30% peak intensity is a good starting point and 8"-12" AWL. Many have gone too bright and many others have gone too dim. 30% is typically a good starting point with 5% increase weekly or bi-weekly depending on how your corals are responding.

Edited by SynRG
Sweet. Thanks

I'm ordering it right now from Aqua Cave. Total Price: $479. I can't wait until I put it over my tank!

Congrats! Please see my edited post with more info.

finally posting an update

IMG_3502.jpg

Wow! Looks great!

Does anyone know if they are still going to release the Pheonix anytime soon?

I believe there are a couple online vendors offering pre-orders of the Vega as of this week. Read it on RC.

Also are there any members who are using AI Sol over their Solana 34? Just want to know if the coverage is good enough.

All 70 degree optics maybe?