inTank Media Baskets

Just a quick update on the status of the broken controller

It turns out that AI's customer service is full of the same amount of AWESOMESAUCE as their lights!

They are sending me another controller free!

In the meantime I'm using my old halide and I did want to add a note about that. When I switched from MH to the SOL, it seemed noticeably darker and less natural. But today when I put the MH back over the tank the colors and light spread really sucked. Maybe obvious to some, but I didn't realize how much of an improvement there was from MH until now. Maybe it's just all the rods and cones adjusting to the different spectrums??

Edited by pschom
Just a quick update on the status of the broken controller

It turns out that AI's customer service is full of the same amount of AWESOMESAUCE as their lights!

They are sending me another controller free!

In the meantime I'm using my old halide and I did want to add a note about that. When I switched from MH to the SOL, it seemed noticeably darker and less natural. But today when I put the MH back over the tank the colors and light spread really sucked. Maybe obvious to some, but I didn't realize how much of an improvement there was from MH until now. Maybe it's just all the rods and cones adjusting to the different spectrums??

+1 on AI Support being awesome!

I still have yet to post my pictures :( (and I think I've decided I suck at taking d-slr shots of my tank...macro lens does not seem to work with tank shots-wth?!)

I was all set to start my thread of my tank but I have been incredibly distraught over my blue spotted jawfish. After over a week of doing GREAT in the tank he has decided that food is so over rated and his breathing is labored. :tears: This started Sat night... He has no white spots like many claim with BSJ disease so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

But.... I love the light even though the intensity is so low right now. I'm thinking I'll boost it a smidge tomorrow and do slight weekly increases till I find the "happy" range.

saltwatercoral- I hope your ears feel better soon. Ear pain is no fun. Other than that, glad you had a great time on the trip! :)

I still have yet to post my pictures :( (and I think I've decided I suck at taking d-slr shots of my tank...macro lens does not seem to work with tank shots-wth?!)

I was all set to start my thread of my tank but I have been incredibly distraught over my blue spotted jawfish. After over a week of doing GREAT in the tank he has decided that food is so over rated and his breathing is labored. :tears: This started Sat night... He has no white spots like many claim with BSJ disease so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

But.... I love the light even though the intensity is so low right now. I'm thinking I'll boost it a smidge tomorrow and do slight weekly increases till I find the "happy" range.

saltwatercoral- I hope your ears feel better soon. Ear pain is no fun. Other than that, glad you had a great time on the trip! :)

Slight increases bi-weekly to monthly or u will bleach stuff.

saltwatercoral

I would like to wecome out newest member Banjo! Welcome to the AI club!

pschom - Glad to hear that AI took care of ya! :D

Trainer262 - Sorry to hear about your Jawfish, I hope the little guy pulls through. On the other hand I am looking forward to seeing a tank build thread! And thanks, the ear is in no more pain but its still muffled. It sucks hearing myself talk an chew inside my head! :huh:

I guess you can count me in, Tron should be pleased.

IMG_4985.jpg

7979ae52.jpg

Question: My controller doesn't get in until Thursday, any tips on how to set the unit so it doesn't bleach anyone?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tron is that your old tank?

ya lol, we met up the other night and he got it for a steal IMO (took up space in our storage)

he got the tank

the mj900 utility pump

even the INTANK fish saver!!! lol

for dirt cheap :)

I was strongly considering an AI SOL Unit for my Oceanic 30g Cube, but wasn't really sold on it...

Until I found this thread! Now I'm really excited, and will probably order one this week!

For my tank (20l x 18w x 20h), would 1x SOL unit do the trick for any corals I wanted?

I want to replace my crappy 70w Viper. STAT.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I was strongly considering an AI SOL Unit for my Oceanic 30g Cube, but wasn't really sold on it...

Until I found this thread! Now I'm really excited, and will probably order one this week!

For my tank (20l x 18w x 20h), would 1x SOL unit do the trick for any corals I wanted?

yup! i use one unit over my 25"L x 15.5"W x 14"H

hang it around 10" high for best spread and penetration, mine is at 7" and could use another inch or 2...but i have no choice but still works great!

to get an idea of my spread at 7" check out my fts on my sig

saltwatercoral

Looks like another future member!

I would like to wecome out newest member Banjo! Welcome to the AI club!

pschom - Glad to hear that AI took care of ya! :D

Trainer262 - Sorry to hear about your Jawfish, I hope the little guy pulls through. On the other hand I am looking forward to seeing a tank build thread! And thanks, the ear is in no more pain but its still muffled. It sucks hearing myself talk an chew inside my head! :huh:

:( I found him dead this morning.... Very sad.

Glad your ears feel better... Hopefully whatever residual fluid and inflammation you have goes away soon! :)

Time to focus on the tank thread now. :)

Im going to be looking to upgrade my tank and light after Christmas. I'm looking to buy just (1) AI Sol Blue fixture. what is the biggest tank I can get away with only having 1 fixture and still getting good par?

Im going to be looking to upgrade my tank and light after Christmas. I'm looking to buy just (1) AI Sol Blue fixture. what is the biggest tank I can get away with only having 1 fixture and still getting good par?

For a single SOL (or Phoenix), I'd have to say something like 30"Lx18"Wx18"D with the Sol mounted about 18" off the water surface. Your going to need to mount the SOL a little higher to get the spread on a tank longer than 24" so I'd stay pretty shallow.

ADA 75-P http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=332

Edited by SynRG
For a single SOL (or Phoenix), I'd have to say something like 30"Lx20"Wx18"D with the Sol mounted about 18" off the water surface. Your going to need to mount the SOL a little higher to get the spread on a tank longer than 24" so I'd stay pretty shallow.

So would I be ok with a 40B?

So would I be ok with a 40B?

I'd be concerned with the 36"L of the 40B. Would depend on how you scaled it too. I'd go no longer than 30"L. I really like the dims of the ADA 75-P 30x18x18 and think that would make a really nice tank with 1 SOL. Ask AI and see what they have to say. Their support is awesome! Justin usually responds within minutes. support@aquaillumination.com

saltwatercoral
I'm also planning on going 40BR on a single AI SOL but I plan on basically having a lot of open space on the ends. I think that should work.

+1

You will love it! :D

I'm also planning on going 40BR on a single AI SOL but I plan on basically having a lot of open space on the ends. I think that should work.

Thanks for the help. Im also considering a 45g cube.