Coral Vue Hydros

SouthFlorida_Tron
I just need more room for coral, I picked up a bunch of ora frags and have no where to put them. Plus I feel the right side has a lot of wasted space.

Ya I hear u, that's y I upgraded!

New AI Sol Blue is officially up and on!!! YAY!!!

:happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

Nice! Can't wait to see pics!

Nice! Can't wait to see pics!

Thanks Tron! I <3 it!!!

... I'm planning on posting this weekend. My jawfish decided to do some aquascaping last night and knocked over one of my Acan frags(acan is not happy after being upside down all night)and my purple Pocillopora is all closed up with the lights SO low. But my Ricordea looks awesome! :happy:

I got a question don't know how much of a noob question it is but how many Sols can be controlled by 1 controller if that's even possible? Or is it 1 controller per unit?

Modular. No limit on amount of units per controller. I was actually thinking it would be cool to have 2+ and start the sunrise on one side of the tank and have the sun set on the other. Thoughts?

I'm joining the club!

Those are from October, but I will be doing a major rescape on the right side once all my exams are finished up in the next couple weeks.

Looks great! Very natural and unsaturated.

My jawfish decided to do some aquascaping last night and knocked over one of my Acan frags(acan is not happy after being upside down all night):

I really cannot stand when this happens. I know it's kind of the fault of the reefer, but dammit snails/crabs/whatever...don't you see the amount of work we have put in here???

Modular. No limit on amount of units per controller. I was actually thinking it would be cool to have 2+ and start the sunrise on one side of the tank and have the sun set on the other. Thoughts?

Looks great! Very natural and unsaturated.

I really cannot stand when this happens. I know it's kind of the fault of the reefer, but dammit snails/crabs/whatever...don't you see the amount of work we have put in here???

Lol- at this point the jawfish needs the equivalent of an electric fence... Totally kidding! I love him- kids favorite by far.... I may just have to plug his new lookout with something so he isn't knocking the Acans over.

I have a feeling there will be some coral relocation with the new light and possible nem down the road... The jawfish is just lending up his opinion on relocation now :P

I'm joining the club!

6201969600_163bfa8578_z.jpg

IMG_8670 by AustinVav, on Flickr

6201958870_c27291a7a6_z.jpg

IMG_8673 by AustinVav, on Flickr

Those are from October, but I will be doing a major rescape on the right side once all my exams are finished up in the next couple weeks.

Oooooooo! Very nice :)

first time taking pics with my crappy p&s under my awesome ai sols

cool. I've had some real bad luck with zoas. Except the Purple Deaths. Those kids are growin up so fast. :P

Damn dude! U might wanna check the par with it being so high!

looks like the tank is really shallow. 12" or so. I would think it would be fine. Just a lot of wasted light pollution tho. I have mine mounted right before the light starts to spill out the sides on the top.

Hi everyone, I am setting up my tank to be 30 x 16 x 12 shallow tank, and I was planning on having 1 unit of the SOL blue. Do you think that would be OK to run SPS and LPS corals ? thanks!

Would I lose light efficency by doing that? I really want to have one of these SOL blue, but I also need healthy hard corals to grow! I will have a refugium with my old Marineland "reef capable" LED in a 18 " aquarium linked to this new reef. I will create a new thread soon, and you guys will be able to support my Aquailluminations intentions!

Would I lose light efficency by doing that? I really want to have one of these SOL blue, but I also need healthy hard corals to grow! I will have a refugium with my old Marineland "reef capable" LED in a 18 " aquarium linked to this new reef. I will create a new thread soon, and you guys will be able to support my Aquailluminations intentions!

Sol will be plenty of PAR even mounted at a height high enough to give you good coverage over the 30" Most of us on this thread run our AI LEDs throttled way back.

quote name='SynRG' date='Dec 1 2011, 04:56 PM' post='3621080']

Sol will be plenty of PAR even mounted at a height high enough to give you good coverage over the 30" Most of us on this thread run our AI LEDs throttled way back.

Hello SynRG, that's nice to know, here in Brazil we only have Ecolamps as a high efficiency LED brand available for purchase in LFS' . But I plan a trip to US , or try to import directly online. This is the way I want my tank to look like, I will place a new topic so you can follow my progress:

post-58715-1322788157_thumb.jpg

Hello SynRG, that's nice to know, here in Brazil we only have Ecolamps as a high efficiency LED brand available for purchase in LFS' . But I plan a trip to US , or try to import directly online. This is the way I want my tank to look like, I will place a new topic so you can follow my progress:

Very nice modern design for DT and sump. As was stated before, most people here have the SOL dialed way back. I haven't taken mine above 50% yet. At 45w-55b, and after 4+ months, the softies are finally starting to enjoy the light. Be sure and start a build thread on NR so we can follow along.

Btw, I've been ending the day with about an hour of intense blue and everything is starting to show way more color at all times.

Edited by pschom
SouthFlorida_Tron

+1, my cycles start n end with a 20/50/50 while peak is 50/60/60 then 75/75/75 then back down to 20/50/50

I think it really helps the color

That is going to look awesome! My wife is from Sao Paulo. I agree that taking the light back with you will probably be your best option. Please post your build thread so I can follow along. Beleza!

+1, my cycles start n end with a 20/50/50 while peak is 50/60/60 then 75/75/75 then back down to 20/50/50

I think it really helps the color

Good to know... I'll keep that in mind next time I raise intensity.

Can I join the club? :)

Current settings:

10am 20 30 30 120m ramp time

02pm 40 55 55 120m ramp time

08pm 10 20 20 060m ramp time

10pm 04 04 04 lunar on

Pics:

IMG_1128-1.jpg

IMG_1091-1.jpg

IMG_1086-1.jpg

System is been up since end of January of this year.