inTank Media Baskets

saltwatercoral
Thanks guys for the clarification.

If saltwatercoral wants me to delete the post, I will.

No it's alright, it's been clarified. Just doin one last check before our ship takes off! Latter y'all!

I'm not an official member of the club but I guess I should be. :P I have a 20 l with one AI Sol Super Blue. I'll post a pic with settings and stuff later.

I bought the Sol on Labor Day and two days later, the phoenix was announced. I got the rebate form for the wireless adapter and mailed it in but I havn't heard anything about it since. Did any of you get the opportunity for the rebate and have you heard anything about it?

Ok well this should formalize my membership ;)

Dues paid in full... running near 50/50/50 about 8 dimming up and down from/to 0/0/0 about an hour on either end of that.

post-46829-1322441923_thumb.jpg

post-46829-1322441931_thumb.jpg

Edited by acropora1981

Just an FYI. I asked this question of the support team at AI.

Henry, Nov-25 07:59 (CST):

I have a SOL super blue module. Can you tell me what settings I would use to achieve a 20k metal halide color? What would be the spread in percentage between the three. I am assuming the intensity would just help to emulate a 150 or 200 watt etc. metal halide but I need to know how much white blue and royal blue would get to the 20k color.

## Please do not write below this line ##

Ticket #3258: Settings to achieve a 20k color

Your request (#3258) has been deemed solved.

Justin Walsh, Nov-28 10:16 (CST):

Hello Henry,

At 100% intensity, the Sol Blue is the equivalent to a 270W MH and a spectrum of 20K. I believe that if you were to do equal settings on your intensities you will be seeing that 20K appeal. For example: 30 30 30/ 50 50 50 etc.

Regards,

Justin

AI

They also told me, with the SOL White, that at 100% it should be equivalent to a 14k halide at the same wattage. I was like, 'uhh not so much cause I'm switching from a 14k Phoenix halide bulb and it doesn't look anything like that.' With the blue stunner strip it's near perfect though.

Well if I really spend the time I could put the controller on a different mode and control all the LEDs individually to tweak it just right. I just feel like that would take forever and I would never be completely happy and end up in an endless sea of numbers and settings and I'd have a major cow.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Well if I really spend the time I could put the controller on a different mode and control all the LEDs individually to tweak it just right. I just feel like that would take forever and I would never be completely happy and end up in an endless sea of numbers and settings and I'd have a major cow.

I did it again today lol I'm always changing settings

SouthFlorida_Tron

well, today it wasnt too power up but i went from 20/50/50, 50/70/70,

to 30/50/50, 50/60/60, then the peak went up 5, 75/70/70... nothing crazy lol

Alright everyone... Just wanted to put this out there that it’s my wife’s and I's 8th Anniversary and were leaving for our Cruise and will not be able to check in or update anything for that matter at all. Still post any questions for anyone to see and there will always be someone here to answer! If you want to join the club, feel free to post a PIC of your tank (or tanks) with the AI lights in the PIC and when I get back I will be sure to add you to the member list! I leave tomorrow morning the 27th and will not be back until the Dec the 4th.

PS: I’ll try to check one last time before I leave tomorrow morning...

Thanks Yall! :D

Happy Anniversary! My 8 yr is right around the corner...Hope you are having a great trip!!!

My light is on the delivery truck as we speak... I'm expecting my doorbell to ring around 3pm. I've always liked my UPS guy... But today I REALLY like him! :P

Ok finally picked up my AI SOL and I Love it. I picked it up from ReefLedlights.com at a really good price, also saw some of their DIY kits. I want to do a DIY kit on my 12g next.

Will post pics of it on my 24g, as soon as I find a good way to hang it or something. And figure out a good light schedule and everything.

I got a question don't know how much of a noob question it is but how many Sols can be controlled by 1 controller if that's even possible? Or is it 1 controller per unit?

I got a question don't know how much of a noob question it is but how many Sols can be controlled by 1 controller if that's even possible? Or is it 1 controller per unit?

You can daisy chain them to one controller. I don't think there is a limit on how many.

very nice, why touch it if it aint broke dont fix it!

I just need more room for coral, I picked up a bunch of ora frags and have no where to put them. Plus I feel the right side has a lot of wasted space.