Innovative Marine Aquariums

SouthFlorida_Tron
Dust thou wisheth to share thee light cycle with us peasants?

Lol these*** as in our SOLs! Lol

But mine is ummmm

25/40/40 30min 2-4

40/70/70 30min 4-530

70/70/70 30min 530-630

Then back down again on similar hour mark

WOW! The BLACK SOL is real nice! Check out rbabys mount! His is really nice.

Thanks, I will definately check his. I cant to get this light above my tank.

It was a little pricey but I used a fixture from Zero Edge Aquariums called a Light Tree. Pretty much plug and play. Just how I like it. Brainless. If u go that route, get the 14 inch cause the 10 doesn't work.

Eh, em...not to say that I'm brainless :P

I will also check. Thanks!

Edited by fishinmonkey
SouthFlorida_Tron

It was a little pricey but I used a fixture from Zero Edge Aquariums called a Light Tree. Pretty much plug and play. Just how I like it. Brainless. If u go that route, get the 14 inch cause the 10 doesn't work.

Depending how big the tank is, l brackets r cheap n work great, my older thread has pics of it

If you have access to an Ikea, they have some pretty cool looking black floor lamps with black ribbed conduit on the ends. Might be able to gut one and then run your wires through it for a really clean install. Would probably just need to make a simple bracket to mount the SOL to the light stand. Also seen some pretty clean looking SOLs mounted with the hanging kit from a shelf over the aquarium. See below...

Edited by SynRG

Has anyone here changed the lenses on the unit? I was looking into that but don't know/understand the benefits if any. Does less degree equal less light spread? Their 40 in the middle and 70 on the outside right? On a biocube do you really need that kind of spread?

saltwatercoral
Has anyone here changed the lenses on the unit? I was looking into that but don't know/understand the benefits if any. Does less degree equal less light spread? Their 40 in the middle and 70 on the outside right? On a biocube do you really need that kind of spread?

I have not personally, but I know that with a say 40 degree lenses, it focuses light on a more concentrated spot. A say 70 degree lenses would spread the light out over a slightly larger area. On a BC I wouldn’t go to wide because your light would just be spilling out and not put to the full use...

I have not personally, but I know that with a say 40 degree lenses, it focuses light on a more concentrated spot. A say 70 degree lenses would spread the light out over a slightly larger area. On a BC I wouldn’t go to wide because your light would just be spilling out and not put to the full use...

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If I change the outside lenses to 40 I wouldn't get so much light around the tank. It's kind of annoying. But if I do that would I have to dial it down a bit for all the corals that didn't get that much direct light with the 70's?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just caught this from ai's website:

Those that attended saw our new product offering, codename ‘Phoenix.’ Utilizing our new optics systems with the Cree XP-E and XM-L series LEDs and combined with our wireless platform, Phoenix represents the pinnacle of our development.

We also showed our ‘Black Box,’ which allows users to access their lighting system via the web. The details and full feature set will be released in the coming weeks.

We here @ the AI Club actually keep corals alive! Not kill & disregard them!

omgomgomg:lockdown:

Ohhhhh NA he didn't!

Ohhhh yes I did! Lololol

You better be glad there are moderators on this website. <_<

Edited by Euphyllia
saltwatercoral
Just caught this from ai's website:

Those that attended saw our new product offering, codename ‘Phoenix.’ Utilizing our new optics systems with the Cree XP-E and XM-L series LEDs and combined with our wireless platform, Phoenix represents the pinnacle of our development.

We also showed our ‘Black Box,’ which allows users to access their lighting system via the web. The details and full feature set will be released in the coming weeks.

O SHNAP!

saltwatercoral
Sad to say but i have to tear down my reef tank, this means selling my 2 week old AI Sol Blue.. Just wanted to put it here too seeing as i know alot of people are looking into them recently. Classifieds

Don't do it!!!

Here it is I recieved my black SOL Friday! Now I need to figure out what I am going to use to hang and how I am going to hang it! Any suggestions?

I found the cheapest solution - I bought some eye bolts with similar but not identical threads to the AI. Screwed them in partially, tested to ensure that they wouldnt come out (they are exremeley secure though I'm sure they arent doing the original threading any favors). They were 50 cents each; then I just hung the unit where my 250W halide was.

I'll post pics if you like.

saltwatercoral
I found the cheapest solution - I bought some eye bolts with similar but not identical threads to the AI. Screwed them in partially, tested to ensure that they wouldnt come out (they are exremeley secure though I'm sure they arent doing the original threading any favors). They were 50 cents each; then I just hung the unit where my 250W halide was.

I'll post pics if you like.

O heck to the yea! Post some pics!

saltwatercoral
Pictures added to post number one ... still dont have a tank picked out but i added pictures of the LPS tank i built recently and leaning towards the same size 57g

Post a pic or 2 or 3 here as well!

O heck to the yea! Post some pics!

lol here we go... just put threaded eye bolts of similar size into the two holes in the top and you have an eye bolt mount. Then use hook thingies and chain to hang from ceiling.

post-46829-1321933459_thumb.jpg