Innovative Marine Aquariums

I am going from nothing to the Pheonix... Not to sure where to start myself. Any sugestions?

EDIT: Im going for SPS and LPS. I like the look of a mixed reef, some acan lords, chalice, monti, maybe some zoa's. And only maybe about 4 fish....

I had 150w MH. Started SOL at 30% and started bleaching stuff. That and the softies didn't like it at all. Dialed back to 25 at peak photoperiod which is 6 hours. It might even be less depending on the ramp time. Then every 2-3 weeks I'd take it up 5%. Hold on, I'll put my cycle on here in a minute...

T1 - 8am - 59m - w005 b010

T2 - 9am - 120m - w020 b030

T3 - 12pm - 180m - w050 b050

T4 - 6pm - 60m - w017 b040

T5 - 8pm - 120m (lunar on) - w000 b008

Edited by pschom
saltwatercoral
Submitted for membership are my two AI-lit tanks.

37097f8d.jpg

12e8c698.jpg

Welcome p-daddy! I thought you would come to the dark side! LOL Very nice setup ya got goin on there as well!

A little update on mine!

IMG_0899-1.jpg

Nice scape work! Love the birds nest growin out there!

I had 150w MH. Started SOL at 30% and started bleaching stuff. That and the softies didn't like it at all. Dialed back to 25 at peak photoperiod which is 6 hours. It might even be less depending on the ramp time. Then every 2-3 weeks I'd take it up 5%. Hold on, I'll put my cycle on here in a minute...

T1 - 8am - 59m - w005 b010

T2 - 9am - 120m - w020 b030

T3 - 12pm - 180m - w050 b050

T4 - 6pm - 60m - w017 b040

T5 - 8pm - 120m (lunar on) - w000 b008

Nice this is giving me some ways to see how o set mine up. If only AI would release these Phoenix units so I can get my tank goin here Shortly :huh:

I know no pictures and it didn't happen, but it will. My tracking g number from BRS says it will. E here on Monday . I'm only using one for now on my 20 long. I plan on mounting it more to the right just an inch or 2 off center and try to draw the eye toward that part of my tank. I'm switching over from 2 24w t5s. I don't plan on not hanging it more than 12 inches from the tank( preferably less). At what % would you guys suggest?

Edited by DreTheReefer
saltwatercoral
My 11.4 gallon:

DSCF0434.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

Killer setup! I was reading your thread and very nice choice on the SOL vs the NANO. Much beeter coverage! 11.4g and an MP10, and SOL. Your tank is sick my friend!!! Welcome to the club! Your in the list!

I know no pictures and it didn't happen, but it will. My tracking g number from BRS says it will. E here on Monday . I'm only using one for now on my 20 long. I plan on mounting it more to the right just an inch or 2 off center and try to draw the eye toward that part of my tank. I'm switching over from 2 24w t5s. I don't plan on not hanging it more than 12 inches from the tank( preferably less). At what % would you guys suggest?

Very nice! cant wait to see some pics! (I'll add you then :D ) Not to sure on the % to use but AI and everyone here recomends going real SLOW! Start prob around 20% max durning the day with a shorter Photoperiod. (Right Tron?) Then increase it by 5% each week till you find the right spot! Kepp an eye on the corrals to see how they are doing!

Killer setup! I was reading your thread and very nice choice on the SOL vs the NANO. Much beeter coverage! 11.4g and an MP10, and SOL. Your tank is sick my friend!!! Welcome to the club! Your in the list!

Very nice! cant wait to see some pics! (I'll add you then :D ) Not to sure on the % to use but AI and everyone here recomends going real SLOW! Start prob around 20% max durning the day with a shorter Photoperiod. (Right Tron?) Then increase it by 5% each week till you find the right spot! Kepp an eye on the corrals to see how they are doing!

+1

saltwatercoral
Hey guys. Just wanted to point out that our club has 7,327 views! Does that make us recognized nationwide?

That would be sweet! I wonder how we would go about getting that done... HMMMMMM.

saltwatercoral

I just sent an email to AI... Ill see what there respoce is! Hopefully some good will come from them! :D

I also sent a message to the one that has this TANK. Its a video on youtube. He has 12 SOL BLUES!!!!!!! I hope he joins this weekend! He said he would check it out! His name is REEFKEEPER2 and he is on Reef Central. Im keepin my fingers crosed :huh: His tank is insane!!!

Edited by saltwatercoral
I just sent an email to AI... Ill see what there respoce is! Hopefully some good will come from them! :D

I also sent a message to the one that has this TANK. Its a video on youtube. He has 10 SOL BLUES!!!!!!! I hope he joins this weekend! He said he would check it out! His name is REEFKEEPER2 and he is on Reef Central. Im keepin my fingers crosed :huh: His tank is insane!!!

The guy you're speaking of was also a TOTM on RC..... No small feat!

saltwatercoral
The guy you're speaking of was also a TOTM on RC..... No small feat!

Ur tellin me, his tank is insane! I can only wish to have one half as good to his tank!