Pod Your Reef

I just bought two AI sol fixtures with power adapters and controller for 600$ from a local reefer. Sound like a good deal? looks like I will be joining the club soon enough!

• Like 1
I just bought two AI sol fixtures with power adapters and controller for 600$ from a local reefer. Sound like a good deal? looks like I will be joining the club soon enough!

That was dumb.....on his part! Man I'm never selling this. If for no other reason than the wait it took to get it. It's not the money, it's the principal. Oh, and I forgot they are AWESOME!

saltwatercoral

Very cool! Caint wait to see some pics!

Amazing deal! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks guys I'm pretty pumped about it! I'm going to pick them up tonight and will have pictues up by sunday. The shots won't be HQ because I will be useing my nexus 1 droid phone to take them. Any tips on how to shoot and edit them for best quality possible?. I read something a while ago about shooting in macro mode or something like that.

After seeing how wicked all of your setup's look I will most likely have to change my pants after I fire these bad boy's up. :happy:

Cool man. I love getting new stuff. I don't know what your current light is, but start these off low. I switched from 150w halide. Started the SOL at 25 and moved up 5 (both B and W) every couple weeks or so. I tried to acclimate everything faster, but the corals looked bad. I bleached an sps frag. Even with all the info out there it takes some thought to get the timers just right.

saltwatercoral
Cool man. I love getting new stuff. I don't know what your current light is, but start these off low. I switched from 150w halide. Started the SOL at 25 and moved up 5 (both B and W) every couple weeks or so. I tried to acclimate everything faster, but the corals looked bad. I bleached an sps frag. Even with all the info out there it takes some thought to get the timers just right.

+1

These Aqua Illumination lights when cranked up can wipe out everything. You want to start off at a MAX (full sun) of 25% just like pschom was saying and then about 1-2 weeks move each W, B and RB up 5%. And check all of your corals to see how they are acclimating. If some dont look like they are doing so well change it 2 weeks at 5%, and see then. You may need to arange a few of the corals but once you get the correct light placment and coral placement your corals will look great and and grow like crazy! Just make sure you water par are good and you will have the perfect setup for the corals (and fish) to thrive! Dont forget to post some pics and I will get you in the club. (Beer required)LOL

Hi saltwatercoral please add me to the club when you get the chance. Started my build thread and show a variation with pics of Naturalreef's AI Nano Mod for BC29g HQI. Was very easy and turned out nice and clean. Just got and put up my AI Nano today, but already STOKED!

Edited by SynRG
saltwatercoral
Hi saltwatercoral please add me to the club when you get the chance. Started my build thread and show a variation with pics of Naturalreef's AI Nano Mod for BC29g HQI. Was very easy and turned out nice and clean. Just got and put up my AI Nano today, but already STOKED!

Welcome SynRG! Your now a member! Post some pics of your build on this site as well if you dont mind for others to see! Nice job, by the way, cant wait to see more pics!

saltwatercoral

ATTENTION MEMBERS: I just went through the member list and wanted to think of something else to add to make it beneficial to other members or others that are just skimming through to see exactly what everyone has. So I looked through everyone’s thread and after careful digging I found what AI lights everyone had and how many of each as well. Now next to your member name there is the quantity of what AI lights you have (NANO, SOL, or Phoenix). I hope this helps for future references! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions just let me know and I will see what I can do to please! Also if I got your light or quantity wrong PM me and I will fix ASAP!

Maybe too much for the first page, but how bout if it's an SOL blue or white. It's entirely possible that I'm the only one on here with the white version. ;P

SouthFlorida_Tron
Maybe too much for the first page, but how bout if it's an SOL blue or white. It's entirely possible that I'm the only one on here with the white version. ;P

:blink::wacko: Hehehe

Well hopefully my invite to the A.I. club is in the mail just as my A.I. Sol Blue is? I dont know if anyone knows this but A.I. released black colored SOL. Thats what is ordered and on its way! :o

Well hopefully my invite to the A.I. club is in the mail just as my A.I. Sol Blue is? I dont know if anyone knows this but A.I. released black colored SOL. Thats what is ordered and on its way! :o

Can't wait to see the new black sol over your tank! Was hoping to get a black nano, but AI said no plans at this time.

Welcome SynRG! Your now a member! Post some pics of your build on this site as well if you dont mind for others to see! Nice job, by the way, cant wait to see more pics!

Here is how I did my AI Nano Mounting Arm Mod thanks to Naturalreef. Have nothing to say but great things about the AI Nano, but the mounting arm left a lot to be desired. However with this mod, it looks pretty sweet. Also is fairly solid and position is ideal on the BC29HQI.

First I mounted the mounting arm on the false wall separating the display from the back three chambers using a sheet of 8"x10"x.085 Clear Acrylic (plexi) as shims. False wall is way too flimsy and thin for the AI bracket so had to shim it, but the plexi worked great. Cut three strips of acrylic 9"x1 3/8" (width of back center fuge chamber) then cut one shim for front using AI Arm as guide. Used Super Glue to permanently bond the 3 longer back strips together. When i mounted the light even though it is less than 2lbs, the wall still flexed so I used Aquarium safe silicone to secure the strips to the backside of the false wall. This did the trick and the light arm is secure.

Second I put the BC29G HQI back chamber covers on and slid them as close to the AI arm as possible. Traced the arm out onto the cover and then used a hacksaw to carefully cut out notches in the covers for the AI Arm bracket. Worked like a charm and looks very clean IMO. I am very happy with the way this turned out. Thanks again Naturalreef for the idea. Love the AI Nano's extremely small footprint and how it looks over the BC29g now! AI Controller is on its way...

post-23115-1321107748_thumb.jpg

post-23115-1321107759_thumb.jpg

post-23115-1321107781_thumb.jpg

post-23115-1321107800_thumb.jpg

post-23115-1321107816_thumb.jpg

saltwatercoral

Are you saying just add to what's there and say if it's blue or white?

Please add me to the club.

2 AI Sol Blues over a 75 gallon. Would like to at some point add 1 more, making a | __ | shape over the tank.

Will also be getting an AI nano for my 5.5 PicO being build by PicoAquariums.com right now

The plan is to control them wirelessly (same room)

photo3.jpg

saltwatercoral
Please add me to the club.

2 AI Sol Blues over a 75 gallon. Would like to at some point add 1 more, making a | __ | shape over the tank.

Will also be getting an AI nano for my 5.5 PicO being build by PicoAquariums.com right now

The plan is to control them wirelessly (same room)

photo3.jpg

Your wish is my command! Welcome to the club my friend! I love the setup of the 75 as well as the house! Take a pic with both tanks in the same pic if there close enough when you get em both running! Great Job and keep the pics coming! get some close ups!

saltwatercoral
Few really bad blurry iPhone FTS of my tank =) Those of you who have AI lights know how much better they look in person, but you asked for it... LOVE this light!!!

Very nice! I like ur scape as well! And welcome

Few really bad blurry iPhone FTS of my tank =) Those of you who have AI lights know how much better they look in person, but you asked for it... LOVE this light!!!

Wow that's really clean looking. Nice. Did that used to be a BC HQI? I did the same thing but the nano wasn't out at the time so went with the regular one. Looks great!

Are you saying just add to what's there and say if it's blue or white?

Yeah. For example:

Pschom - SOL White - BC29 HQI - Mixed Reef

Something like that. Maybe too much work?