Top Shelf Aquatics

saltwatercoral

Very nice! But u need to put atleast the pic of AI lights in the forum. Just looked at the thread and saw they are still in the packaging box. Taken out and then put a pic on here so all can see!

Ooooo u have the Black ones, open open open!!!

Edited by saltwatercoral
Very nice! But u need to put atleast the pic of AI lights in the forum. Just looked at the thread and saw they are still in the packaging box. Taken out and then put a pic on here so all can see!

Ooooo u have the Black ones, open open open!!!

Soon as I get back from the east coast. I'll post pictures Sunday or Monday. I still haven't picked out the tank

saltwatercoral
Soon as I get back from the east coast. I'll post pictures Sunday or Monday. I still haven't picked out the tank

Sounds good. I whent ahead and added you anyway to the meber list! Cant wait to actualy see these Black SOL's! Welcome to the the club ermartin!

Edit: With 2 SOL's you have very good coverage for a larger size tank! Do you have a size (gallons or dimensions) in mind for the tank maybe?

Edited by saltwatercoral
saltwatercoral
Any word on the Phoenix?? :huh:

No word asof right now. I'm checking just about every day. I'm like a kid in a candy store, just need to learn how to wait though... I'm not good at that, lol

Sounds good. I whent ahead and added you anyway to the meber list! Cant wait to actualy see these Black SOL's! Welcome to the the club ermartin!

Edit: With 2 SOL's you have very good coverage for a larger size tank! Do you have a size (gallons or dimensions) in mind for the tank maybe?

Either a 90g. Or a 57g rimless. Not sure yet but I have to migrate my 24g SPS tank that is pretty full

Sorry guys this is way off topic, hopefully ill be able to join your club soon, but i have a couple quick questions, i have a biocube 14 gallon im looking at the ai nano sol blue, my wife is awesome and gona get it for my birthday. I want to pull out the stock pc lights and mount the ai nano into my canopy to keep the stock look of the biocube.

1 is it possible to mount these into the canopy

2 by doing this would the system be to close to the waterline and greatly decrease the light spread

3 or is this just a bad idea having this kind of system that close to the water line and corals, also id be keeping the splash gaurd in place just swapping out the pc's for the leds thanks for all your help and all yours guys tanks look awesome.

Edited by Ramsrt
SouthFlorida_Tron
Sorry guys this is way off topic, hopefully ill be able to join your club soon, but i have a couple quick questions, i have a biocube 14 gallon im looking at the ai nano sol blue, my wife is awesome and gona get it for my birthday. I want to pull out the stock pc lights and mount the ai nano into my canopy to keep the stock look of the biocube.

2 by doing this would the system be to close to the waterline and greatly decrease the light spread

3 or is this just a bad idea having this kind of system that close to the water line and corals, also id be keeping the splash gaurd in place just swapping out the pc's for the leds thanks for all your help and all yours guys tanks look awesome.

I have to recommend against this. It is very constricting to airflow, and too close to the water.

Try a mount like this:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3412882

SouthFlorida_Tron
How high should they be mounted and is the ai sol nano big enough for the biocube 14

Ai nano would be great for a bc14, 8-12" is the general mounting suggestion per AI

How high should they be mounted and is the ai sol nano big enough for the biocube 14

Ive seen the AI Nano on the 29 biocube. I have the SOL and honestly at the height and intensity it is I feel like my 29 is too small for it. So yeah I'd recommend the nano on the bc14. That said, I agree that it shouldn't go inside that plastic housing. Have you measured it? I wonder if there is a person who has had a biocube for over 12 months and hasn't change it's appearance. If I only knew then what I know now. Anyway, there are modern looking mounting options out there. But that begs the question: if AI recommends 8-12" above the surface then why do the mounting arms have the unit right above the water?

I have an AI Nano on my BC29 and it is great even with the stock mounting arm that is included with it. Perfect spread and plenty of punch. Acclimating everything now at only W25/B30/RY30 for 1hr peak. Here's the way I did the mount on the BC29 HQI http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=286113&hl= I'm sure mounting it on the BC14 would be similar. You'd have to go topless, but BC14 is one of the better looking tanks topless IMO. If you use the AI Arm or mount it at a similar height, I think you will be very pleased with the Nano over your BC14. I agree that mounting it is the hood would not be ideal.

Thanks for all the help guys, ill def take you guys advice and remove the canopy to mount it, im not new to keeping reef tanks just new at leds theres so much to learn about them, and from seeing your guys tanks i know the ai nano sol is def the led fixture i want.

saltwatercoral
My contribution. 40 breeder!

IMG_7482.jpg

Hey CONSTANTNE! Do you have any pics or a thread of your tank with the AI lights?

Thanks for all the help guys, ill def take you guys advice and remove the canopy to mount it, im not new to keeping reef tanks just new at leds theres so much to learn about them, and from seeing your guys tanks i know the ai nano sol is def the led fixture i want.

Hello Ramsrt! Can't wait to see the BC14 with the NANO! When do u think ur going to get it done!

Soon i hope my bday is in may but with xmas coming up im trying to convince my wife to combine xmas with my bday and just get me the ai nano now so we will see other than how can i complain if i have to wait till may, my wife is awesome just for getting it for me, means more money i can spend on corals

I was super excited when I saw the thread title and I wanted to join. Then I realized it was Aqua Illuminations, not Aqua Illuminati. :(

Would've been so fun to control the entire world's waters. :(

saltwatercoral
I was super excited when I saw the thread title and I wanted to join. Then I realized it was Aqua Illuminations, not Aqua Illuminati. :(

Would've been so fun to control the entire world's waters. :(

Lol, your welcome to get a Aqua Iluminations light and join!

This isn't the kiddie clubhouse, sorry! :ninja:

What? I thought everywhere was the kiddie clubhouse! :o

Lol, your welcome to get a Aqua Iluminations light and join!

Meh...