inTank Media Baskets

saltwatercoral

Alright... I don’t like to do this but I’m going to anyway... I’m going to post a pic of someone else’s tank. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT MY TANK! This is REEFKEEPER2's tank. This is the one that has 12 SOL BLUES lighting his 427 gallon reef tank!

PS: Reefkeeper2, if you don’t want me to leave this pic up let me know and I will take it down. Just thought it would be nice for everyone to see. It’s a bit grainy... I took a still shot from one of your vids. Thanks.

reefkeeper2s427g12SOLBLUE.jpg

Edited by saltwatercoral
saltwatercoral
Exactly my thoughts too! :)

I may have to aquascape my rock again(grrrrrrrrrr..) to make a little more shade for LPS but I'm not to worried. Just have to play around and see who is happy where.

I'm also thinking I could position the light a little further back since sps will be towards back of tank anyways.. Just a thought.

I'm already tracking the shipment -even though there is "no record" of it yet. lol

Super excited and can't wait to hang that bad boy up!!!

Maybe I'll start a thread on my tank finally too :)

Any news on the delivery date yet!

saltwatercoral
I want to join too. I have a 29 gallon biocube with the SOL Super Blue.

Will get settings and a picture up later.

Welcome to the Clube spanko! Your now in the member list, and dont forget to post some pics with settings here as well!

Hey Guys.

I am seriously considering getting an AI Sol for my 16g, but the one thing hanging me up is how I am going to mount it. My tank is 24 inches long, and from what I can tell, the ceiling mount kit will force me to hang the Sol with its long edge perpendicular to the long edge of my tank rather than parallel to it. Now, I know I can rotate the fixture to make it hang properly, but then it will probally look really dumb. Do any of you guys have a picture of a single Sol unit hanging with the 12" rails above your tank? What are the other options for mounting this fixture above my tank? It is not in a spot where using the shelf supports will work so I would need either a clamp on or a floor stand? Any ideas?

Also, what is there any big difference between the Sol Blue and Sol White aside from the color spectrum? I like whiter light on my tanks rather than the blue tint. Will that still be OK for SPS and LPS?

Thanks,

Ira

Oh that's a tough ones, my PearlBerry has amazing whitish blue tint colors but my plasma is sexy, zoas show the best psychedelic colors imo

Ok cool- Pearlberry was on the list...Zoas too :)

Thanks!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Ok cool- Pearlberry was on the list...Zoas too :)

Thanks!

Another one is the stylophora. The purple one called "cats paw"

The polyps look almost metallic blue neon

saltwatercoral

Alright everyone... Just wanted to put this out there that it’s my wife’s and I's 8th Anniversary and were leaving for our Cruise and will not be able to check in or update anything for that matter at all. Still post any questions for anyone to see and there will always be someone here to answer! If you want to join the club, feel free to post a PIC of your tank (or tanks) with the AI lights in the PIC and when I get back I will be sure to add you to the member list! I leave tomorrow morning the 27th and will not be back until the Dec the 4th.

PS: I’ll try to check one last time before I leave tomorrow morning...

Thanks Yall! :D

saltwatercoral
Hey Guys.

I am seriously considering getting an AI Sol for my 16g, but the one thing hanging me up is how I am going to mount it. My tank is 24 inches long, and from what I can tell, the ceiling mount kit will force me to hang the Sol with its long edge perpendicular to the long edge of my tank rather than parallel to it. Now, I know I can rotate the fixture to make it hang properly, but then it will probally look really dumb. Do any of you guys have a picture of a single Sol unit hanging with the 12" rails above your tank? What are the other options for mounting this fixture above my tank? It is not in a spot where using the shelf supports will work so I would need either a clamp on or a floor stand? Any ideas?

Also, what is there any big difference between the Sol Blue and Sol White aside from the color spectrum? I like whiter light on my tanks rather than the blue tint. Will that still be OK for SPS and LPS?

Thanks,

Ira

Hey Ira, did you find what you were looking for? If not this may help. Look at how rbaby or william have there AI mounted on there custom stand. You can see them by going back top the first page and clicking on there names. You can also skim through some of the other members but this is 2 that stuck out in my mind. Hope this helps! Hope to add you here soon!

Hey gang check out this link I found on RB. It is about a cheap diy skimmer that looks prett awesome in itself. But what caught my eye was the AI on top of the tank and saw how he has his mounted.

BTW, check out the foam being made in the skimmer!

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/26/diy-mam.../#disqus_thread

Nice light and super clean mounting arm. That is how AI should look. Not sure who makes that LED fixture, Maybe Nano customs/JBJ new LED prototype, but unfortunately not an AI...

Pretty sure it is this one: http://reefbuilders.com/2011/10/07/jbj-uni...eef+Builders%29

Edited by SynRG
Nice light and super clean mounting arm. That is how AI should look. Not sure who makes that LED fixture, Maybe Nano customs/JBJ new LED prototype, but unfortunately not an AI...

Pretty sure it is this one: http://reefbuilders.com/2011/10/07/jbj-uni...eef+Builders%29

Yep ...99.9% sure that is the jbj/nano customs light... I pre-ordered back in October. Got tired of waiting for it... Got my $$$ back and ordered AI instead. :)