Coral Vue Hydros

Thanks Tron, not much to compare it to back then tho. I mostly had LPS and nems in the early stages of the tank. I acquired half of the SPS inside the tank as mini colonies and other as frags. I'm still trying to get the right intensity, 'cause some frags are too light for my taste..hehe.

Okay so I found out my wife is getting me a new tank for xmas. A 56 tall. The dimensions are 30" W x 18" D x 24" H. I currently have a Ai Nano. I spoke with Ai and they said the Nano would work as they ran one on a 50 before.

Should I sell the Nano and get a SOL or just add another nano? I think the two lights would work better since it has a cross brace. Would two nanos be okay?

Okay so I found out my wife is getting me a new tank for xmas. A 56 tall. The dimensions are 30" W x 18" D x 24" H. I currently have a Ai Nano. I spoke with Ai and they said the Nano would work as they ran one on a 50 before.

Should I sell the Nano and get a SOL or just add another nano? I think the two lights would work better since it has a cross brace. Would two nanos be okay?

I have the same tank that I'm just getting ready to set up. I just ordered two Sol Blues for this tank, they should be in Wednesday...

Here is a picture of my tank as it stands right now, it's going through a leak test. Kinda of a crappy picture as I didn't wipe down the tank before snapping this pic.

DSCN0810.jpg

Can I join the club? :)

Current settings:

10am 20 30 30 120m ramp time

02pm 40 55 55 120m ramp time

08pm 10 20 20 060m ramp time

10pm 04 04 04 lunar on

Pics:

IMG_1128-1.jpg

IMG_1091-1.jpg

IMG_1086-1.jpg

System is been up since end of January of this year.

Beautiful

Can I join the club? :)

Current settings:

10am 20 30 30 120m ramp time

02pm 40 55 55 120m ramp time

08pm 10 20 20 060m ramp time

10pm 04 04 04 lunar on

System is been up since end of January of this year.

Very nice! I can't wait till I get a rimless tank. Do you have a sump down that overflow, or is it AIO?

Yep, same tank except I've got the wood grain rims. Got mine at Petsmart as well. I've had this tank foe some time now. It's a hard tank to work with due to the depth and center brace. I used a 400 MH fixture on it in the past and the brace created a shadow. This time I'm going to set it up with 2 Sol Blues, this should eliminate the shadow. Keep us posted with your build, I'll be anxious to see what you do with it.

Yep, same tank except I've got the wood grain rims. Got mine at Petsmart as well. I've had this tank foe some time now. It's a hard tank to work with due to the depth and center brace. I used a 400 MH fixture on it in the past and the brace created a shadow. This time I'm going to set it up with 2 Sol Blues, this should eliminate the shadow. Keep us posted with your build, I'll be anxious to see what you do with it.

I figured the brace would cause issues. I think 2 nano's should be okay though. Will just keep the corals that need lots of light higher.

Beautiful

Very nice! I can't wait till I get a rimless tank. Do you have a sump down that overflow, or is it AIO?

Thanks, there is a small sump inside the cabinet :)

Hi everyone, I am setting up my tank to be 30 x 16 x 12 shallow tank, and I was planning on having 1 unit of the SOL blue. Do you think that would be OK to run SPS and LPS corals ? thanks!

I'm getting great coverage at 13-14 inches high on my 30" long tank. Good luck.

From what I just looked through it looks like a NANO would be minimal for coverage. You could make it work by lifting higher but you would have light spillage. Personaly I would go with the SOL BLUE (if you have the extra $$$) Also dont forget to het the controller as well! You will need to go topless (with your BC29). There are some here that have done this with no problem. Check out SouthFlorida_Tron's BC14. its retired and he moved to a bigger tank but it will give you an idea for a mount and maybe some other stuff!

My nano is 6 inches above the water line on my Biocube. Spillage is very little and coverage is great. I max out around 55% right now.

Now do I use conduit and figure out how to bend w/o bender and still look nice or go with hanging on ceiling...

Walk right in to home depot and take a bender off the shelf. Use it. Then go home. Thats what I did the HD guy even helped me :P

saltwatercoral

WOW, just got back yesterday and did a quick check… There has been a lot of activity and new members to add!!! I would like to welcome lkoechle, hecsrt-4, AustinV90, Trainer262 and mavjoy!

On a side note I am going to be posting just a few PICS of my reef snorkeling at the Bahamas! It was incredible! The only bad thing is I almost blew out my left eardrum when trying to dive. I have had operations when I was younger and for this reason cannot get scuba certified so I can only go down about 10 feet before my ears feel like they are going to explode. Needless to say that I pushed the limits and almost paid dearly for it. The docs checked it out and said that It was so inflamed that they were surprised it didn’t blow. I’m taking meds now to help the inflammation and hopefully soon I can hear normally again!

So anyway welcome new members, everyone’s tank looks great!

Not to be a downer, but I JUST fried my controller. Topping off the tank, I got a little water on it and the screen blacked out. The lights were still at the same percentage, but I unplugged it cause I didnt know if eventually they would go straight to 100/100. So now I will attempt to get another controller from AI. Not sure what the book says, but I hardly think that a little water should be enough to kill the thing. It is an aquarium product after all... I'll let you all know how that goes.

Welcome back dude. I've had some issues with my ears so I know how u feel.

Edited by pschom
Not to be a downer, but I JUST fried my controller. Topping off the tank, I got a little water on it and the screen blacked out. The lights were still at the same percentage, but I unplugged it cause I didnt know if eventually they would go straight to 100/100. So now I will attempt to get another controller from AI. Not sure what the book says, but I hardly think that a little water should be enough to kill the thing. It is an aquarium product after all... I'll let you all know how that goes.

Stick it in a bowl with rice ASAP. Worth a shot. Oh and also be sure to leave it in overnight at least before trying it again. If there is still life in it, rice should absorb the water. Lucky it was fresh water top off too and not salt. You might actually be ok.

Edited by SynRG
saltwatercoral

I hope all goes good for you. I think AI should set you in the right direction! The rice trick couldnt hurt!

O yea and the whole ear thing... It feels like my balence is all off. Sucks dosent it.

Edited by saltwatercoral

Probably why they give you a 15 foot cable with it. LOL

yeah im gonna go ahead and move mine far away from the tank right now lol...

Yeah. If I get a replacement I'm gonna mount it in my upstairs bedroom under the bed.... In a bowl of rice. Lmao

Nice , what kind of corals do you keep at this height?

Anything my tank is only 12 inches deep. But do far everything is doing great. A few of my montis were a little unhappy with the new light but they are doing ok now.