Innovative Marine Aquariums

i would have to agree with pschom and SynRG, but what my little gremlin is saying is that since i have a controller plugged into it that the light is set for it and i cant use it manually, this to me makes no sense at all because if i have disconnected the controller i could use the light and controls before, i think...

anybody care to try this with their sol nano and controller? unplug the controller and see if your light switches back to manual touchface controlled mode...

I was able to disconnect my controller and use the touch interface on my Nano.

What has Ai said? They (Justin) usually replies to my questions in a few hours.

Edited by wolfador
I was able to disconnect my controller and use the touch interface on my Nano.

What has Ai said? They (Justin) usually replies to my questions in a few hours.

Justin was in fact a very great customer service person, he called me back and we spoke for a while about this issue, he said he will consult they're engineering dept. and will be calling me first thing tomorrow morning. It would appear that the board or drivers are faulty on my unit which is extremely rare considering the amount of units sold. I'm still quite happy with the sol nano and this problem would not deter me from buying another one. I am excited to get my replacement and hit my tank with some par once again!

I'll post again after I speak with Justin at Ai In the morning with the final result.

I would just like to take this moment...to state how much I think the controller is clunky as all hell. How can 1 dial be so retarded?

Otherwise, the functions are pretty cool...but this dial controller makes me angry!

saltwatercoral
Isn't that a bit ridiculous? Surely there must be a better way of lighting that goliath tank than 20x AI Sols?

That is true... He could have waited and got the Phoenix instead! :D

saltwatercoral

I would like to take this opertunity to welcome our newest member Jmifland with his 2 gallon nano tank illuminated with a NANO BLUE!

(Yes he does have this dialed WAY DOWN) My only sugestion would be to raise it a few inches, other than that it loks great! What is the new tank you might be going to?

I would just like to take this moment...to state how much I think the controller is clunky as all hell. How can 1 dial be so retarded?

Otherwise, the functions are pretty cool...but this dial controller makes me angry!

You get used to it. I didn't like the knob, and it even states in the manual, or online (can't remember) that its a little touchy. Now it takes me no time to set everything up.

Got my 'New' controller replacement from AI yesterday. Set all the timers up this morning. Sadly, it is not a new controller, but a refurbished one. Looks new and the screen is actually much brighter than the previous one so...

I also wanted to say, after having the Halide 14k on for a week and now viewing the SOL, it's really not that much different. MH has a more realistic appeal, but it might be due to the height of the unit. Once I get this 30 shallow and have the light higher it might look much better. hope that made sense...

Got my 'New' controller replacement from AI yesterday. Set all the timers up this morning. Sadly, it is not a new controller, but a refurbished one. Looks new and the screen is actually much brighter than the previous one so...

I also wanted to say, after having the Halide 14k on for a week and now viewing the SOL, it's really not that much different. MH has a more realistic appeal, but it might be due to the height of the unit. Once I get this 30 shallow and have the light higher it might look much better. hope that made sense...

Dude! They sent you a new (refurb) controller for free... That is sweet. I'd be very happy. I like the look of Metal halide myself. Love the look of Phoenix 14k. Personally hated ALWAYS worrying about heat and bulb replacement. Love the AI look and the fact my tank stays at a constant 78 now with no controller. Pop of the LEDs is unreal. Everyone has their preference, but for me I'm unbelievably happy I made the switch. My .02

saltwatercoral
Dude! They sent you a new (refurb) controller for free... That is sweet. I'd be very happy. I like the look of Metal halide myself. Love the look of Phoenix 14k. Personally hated ALWAYS worrying about heat and bulb replacement. Love the AI look and the fact my tank stays at a constant 78 now with no controller. Pop of the LEDs is unreal. Everyone has their preference, but for me I'm unbelievably happy I made the switch. My .02

+1

saltwatercoral
Salt, any updates on the Pheonix?

I just checked and this Aqua Illumination's is saying this:

"we are looking to have them in production early 2012"

still the same, just a waiting game. But on a side note I did get my 100lbs of Key largo reef rock in today! I will post some pics hopefully tonight when I get home. I am still waiting on the 160lbs of sand though...

Yeah I wasn't trying to sound negative. I was happy as hell to get that back up and running.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Yeah I wasn't trying to sound negative. I was happy as hell to get that back up and running.

Maybe they'll just release a new, better controller for he next module, and hopefully pc software integration so they keep up with the radion

Maybe they'll just release a new, better controller for he next module, and hopefully pc software integration so they keep up with the radion

iPhone App PLEASE!

Btw the controller they sent me is getting stuck and the time stops so the timers aren't working. It works again when I unplug it and plug it back, but gets stuck again. That's more frustrating than the corals that have to recover from th light change.... Look like I'll be sending this one back too.

saltwatercoral
Btw the controller they sent me is getting stuck and the time stops so the timers aren't working. It works again when I unplug it and plug it back, but gets stuck again. That's more frustrating than the corals that have to recover from th light change.... Look like I'll be sending this one back too.

Wow, I have never seen so many problems. Sorry to hear you are having these problems... AI will come to the rescue!

iPhone App PLEASE!

When I was trying to decide if I wait on Phoenix or get either a SOL or Nano, I emailed them about the Phoenix advantages. Since i was only going to be running 1, the wireless was not that exciting. However they did say they are working on an iPhone App! Now that will be sweet. Glad I went ahead and bought the Nano though. No regrets for my current tank. As soon as the Phoenix is released I will have a justifiable excuse to upgrade :D