Innovative Marine Aquariums

Its just like any new product... There is expected delay dates. After all you don't want them to release the product they have on the date they say if they are not 100% certain that is ready to go. I rather it be delayed and have it ready to support my reef life than them release it when they said they would and have problems. That's what makes a good company/product IMO.

I agree, but AI is doing what every smart company does also. Gauging interest and ordering initial quantities accordingly. Only smart, but leave us all sucking our thumbs until they get enough interest and a good feel for the demand before they commit. A little dirty, but smart business. Vapor until it is on the shelves. On a positive note, I'm sure it will be spectacular when it is released. AI is on the forefront of plug and play LED aquarium lighting at a great price point for sure. Pretty funny, but I'm planning on justifying a new tank as soon as the Phoenix, new black box controller and iPhone App are real. In the mean time glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Nano. It is real and real nice. Expect to wait much longer than any company says they will be releasing any product. Just the nature of the game...

Its just like any new product... There is expected delay dates. After all you don't want them to release the product they have on the date they say if they are not 100% certain that is ready to go. I rather it be delayed and have it ready to support my reef life than them release it when they said they would and have problems. That's what makes a good company/product IMO.

Well, I might be 1 in 1,000 but if I'm told im being shipped a new controller because mine is under warranty that's what I expect. The fact that they would let that crap get out to a customer makes me wonder about everything else. There I go being negative again... I have enjoyed the light and all the features that it brings and I'm not complaining about the product so much as my recent experience with these technical issues. It's more than frustrating because the sps are taking the hit and I was doing so well. I've had to unplug and replug the controller every day this week to get some light in there.

Im thinking about picking one of these up. but im worried about the light spread. my tank is a 30gallon (24x24x12") Some input would be great. Im thinking of a AI nano or a kessil.

Just a skinny power wire for each Nano that runs down to the bricks. You'll also have a data wire for the controller run to one of the Nanos and then a data wire jumper between the Nanos to control them with the one controller. Real simple. Since these LEDs are so efficient, no need for Monster sized heavy gauge wires and ballasts you can fry an egg on in your stand B) Should be pretty easy for you the stealth them within your mounting arms.

Thanks for the info.

What did you have in mind for the mount?

Im going to mount them inside of some Ikea lanterns and hang the whole thing from the ceiling with a braided cable. Gotta run the power cord from the latern up to the ceiling, across the walls and back down to the outlet. I'm trying to minimize the amount of cords drooping down the side of my tank since it is intended to be viewed from all 4 sides.

saltwatercoral
Thanks for the info.

Im going to mount them inside of some Ikea lanterns and hang the whole thing from the ceiling with a braided cable. Gotta run the power cord from the latern up to the ceiling, across the walls and back down to the outlet. I'm trying to minimize the amount of cords drooping down the side of my tank since it is intended to be viewed from all 4 sides.

I cant wait to see this mount! It sounds like you have put some thought into this!

saltwatercoral
Will do. Lights should come in on Tuesday.

Now to figure out how to mount it. I have something different in mind not using the tank mount or the hanging kit =)

Is there some sort of "Power Brick" on the cord run? Or is it just 1 cord from the back of the unit to the plug?

Hey Jaysauce, did your lights come in yesterday?

saltwatercoral
Yessir....

post-52002-1324478037_thumb.jpg

WOW, that looks good all the way around! The scape looks realy good as well! And yes... Welcome to the club jaysauce, your now in the member list! PM me a build thread when you get one started for the tank and I will add it!

Ok, guys just bought me 2 nanos. How do you guys go by the timer and what percentage do u run W-B-R

and what does the ramp time means? So for example i set timer 1 from 11 am-12pm all colors W=30% Bl=30% R=35% then it goes to ramp period, so since it's only for 1 hour do I set the ramp period to 60 minutes? Is that how it works or can you ramp it for like 30 mins? Sorry I'm a little lost here lol about the ramp period.

And also anybody runs their lights like in the 90% (W-Bl-R) and how long? Thanks guys

Just wanted to post an update on my experience with the AI Sol Blue.

I got up to about an 75% peak last week, and it burned a few corals. I've backed off to about 60% peak, and now my corals are growing like MAD. I've never seen this kind of growth on my sps. some of my m. capricornis have put on probably 1/4"-3/8" in a week.

Once again, I love this light; I'm getting growth and coloration better than a 250W halide but only using about 45W.

Edited by acropora1981
SouthFlorida_Tron
Im thinking about picking one of these up. but im worried about the light spread. my tank is a 30gallon (24x24x12") Some input would be great. Im thinking of a AI nano or a kessil.

@ the price, just go for a full SOL, it'd spread much better.

Thanks for the comments everyone =) I will post more pictures of the internals once I get a little time during the holidays.

On a side note, I was having trouble with one of the AI Nanos where the LEDS couldn't be dimmed to completely off using the touch control while the other one could. I emailed AI and got everything taking care of within 2 hours over email. They are going to send me a replacement unit and I just need to send my unit back. Awesome customer service.

Also, I forgot to trim one of the zip ties I used to hold the cords in the lantern so it was blocking the fan from spinning. Luckily (confirmed by AI), the Nanos have an overheat protection system so if the LEDs get too hot they shut off indefinetly.

So far I am extremely satisfied with the lights. They are small, efficient, and definitely pack a punch!

35616986.jpg

I have an Apex controller on order w/ the VDM and can't wait to start using that.

Merry X-Mas everybody!!!

Edited by jaysauce
Just wanted to post an update on my experience with the AI Sol Blue.

I got up to about an 75% peak last week, and it burned a few corals. I've backed off to about 60% peak, and now my corals are growing like MAD. I've never seen this kind of growth on my sps. some of my m. capricornis have put on probably 1/4"-3/8" in a week.

Once again, I love this light; I'm getting growth and coloration better than a 250W halide but only using about 45W.

That's awesome. That same thing happened for me. When you get that perfect % of intensity everything starts spreading like you've never seen.

Thanks for the comments everyone =) I will post more pictures of the internals once I get a little time during the holidays.

On a side note, I was having trouble with one of the AI Nanos where the LEDS couldn't be dimmed to completely off using the touch control while the other one could. I emailed AI and got everything taking care of within 2 hours over email. They are going to send me a replacement unit and I just need to send my unit back. Awesome customer service.

Also, I forgot to trim one of the zip ties I used to hold the cords in the lantern so it was blocking the fan from spinning. Luckily (confirmed by AI), the Nanos have an overheat protection system so if the LEDs get too hot they shut off indefinetly.

So far I am extremely satisfied with the lights. They are small, efficient, and definitely pack a punch!

35616986.jpg

I have an Apex controller on order w/ the VDM and can't wait to start using that.

Merry X-Mas everybody!!!

Well hello there Pacman! LOL

Peeps, im interested in buying AI Nano. I live in Europe, so can you guys please direct me to some websites with international shipping. I looked at reefgeek, but they only ship to the US.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Well hello there Pacman! LOL

Peeps, im interested in buying AI Nano. I live in Europe, so can you guys please direct me to some websites with international shipping. I looked at reefgeek, but they only ship to the US.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to everyone.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/

They offer international shipping. That is where I got my Ai stuff from.

Hello everyone I finally got my AI Nano and controller up and running on my 12 gal. JBJ tank. What would be a good setting for just starting the lights I don't want to burn up my stuff...

Thanks