Innovative Marine Aquariums

Here yah go SaltWaterCoral, add me to the list!

120 Gallon reef lit by two Aqua Illumination SOL Blue modules

FTS120-1.jpg

My totally ghetto, yet solid mounting

SOLs1.jpg

and a special shot just for this thread

OminousAIs.jpg

I know this link has already been posted here but I was asked to join this forum by Saltwatercoral. There are 12 AI sol blues hanging above my tank. They ramp up to 100% for 6 hours and then ramp down. They have worked beautifully for my reef.

Anyone take par for certain coral like SPS? I just did tonight and trying to figure out if its right. My pink lemonaide is in the low 200s and its a really light color and growing fast.

I know this link has already been posted here but I was asked to join this forum by Saltwatercoral. There are 12 AI sol blues hanging above my tank. They ramp up to 100% for 6 hours and then ramp down. They have worked beautifully for my reef.

reefkeeper2..... :welcome: to nano-Reef!!

I saw your vid over on RC.... beautiful tank!

It's funny when I see tanks like this and think, 'hmm, just the other day I was happy when my coral grew almost an inch...'

Very nice. How long did it take to develop that into what it is today?

saltwatercoral

lets welcome our newest members:

fishinmonkey with 1 SOL BLUE (black ver)

acropora1981 with 1 SOL BLUE

alaskan84 with 2 SOL BLUE

reefkeeper with 12 SOL BLUE (yes thats right 12 SOL BLUES :o )

Here yah go SaltWaterCoral, add me to the list!

120 Gallon reef lit by two Aqua Illumination SOL Blue modules

FTS120-1.jpg

My totally ghetto, yet solid mounting

SOLs1.jpg

and a special shot just for this thread

OminousAIs.jpg

Welcome to the club! I knew you would join! very nice tank!!!

:bowdown:

Welcome! I have no doubt you'll like it here.

Please make a build thread here on NR!

saltwatercoral

This is awesome! I have been looking out for you on this thread! Thanks for joining! This is one of the nicest tanks I have seen and now to top it off with 12 Aqua Illuminations SOL BLUES!!! That’s crazy! The $ just for the lights is how much my entire setup is going to cost me! :o I am VERY HAPPY to see that you did take the time to join and put a post up here for us all to see!

Do you think you can put a few pics of this monster up here for us all to see as well! (Not a link but actual pics :huh::) PLEASE!

:bowdown:

Welcome! I have no doubt you'll like it here.

Please make a build thread here on NR!

+1

It's funny when I see tanks like this and think, 'hmm, just the other day I was happy when my coral grew almost an inch...'

Very nice. How long did it take to develop that into what it is today?

It took six years. Lots of ups and downs believe me.

saltwatercoral
It took six years. Lots of ups and downs believe me.

Wow, 6yrs! Do you have before and after pics? That would interesting to see!

:o

Well saltwatercoral i will be getting the ai nano blue for xmas for sure, now the waiting game begins for xmas day to come.

LOL, I will keep my eye out for you!

saltwatercoral

Hey Disaster999, do you have a AI or are you going to be getting one. From the thread I was not to sure either way? If you do tell me what it is and how many and if you have a build thread so I can add you to the list! Thanks.

I'm soon to beome a member of the AI Club :D (I hope ;)...)

My biggest deciding factor is do I go with the Sol or Nano???

I have a mixed reef 29gal biocube... I have read, and read, and talked with several people with mixed comments as to which is the better choice. I know if I go bigger, I'll have to hang higher and may not be able to turn it up as much for fear of sun burning my corals B)

I'd love to hear what everyone's thoughts are with similar size tanks before I kiss my $$$ away lol

-Becky

saltwatercoral

I have a mixed reef 29gal biocube... I have read, and read, and talked with several people with mixed comments as to which is the better choice. I know if I go bigger, I'll have to hang higher and may not be able to turn it up as much for fear of sun burning my corals B)

I'd love to hear what everyone's thoughts are with similar size tanks before I kiss my $$$ away lol

-Becky

From what I just looked through it looks like a NANO would be minimal for coverage. You could make it work by lifting higher but you would have light spillage. Personaly I would go with the SOL BLUE (if you have the extra $$$) Also dont forget to het the controller as well! You will need to go topless (with your BC29). There are some here that have done this with no problem. Check out SouthFlorida_Tron's BC14. its retired and he moved to a bigger tank but it will give you an idea for a mount and maybe some other stuff!

So here we go just hooked it up. I hung it as simple as possible I can slide it left and right if I want and add chain to lower it. Equipment now complete for this tank time to load up on eye candy.

c014fde9.jpg

2e39d02a.jpg

saltwatercoral
So here we go just hooked it up. I hung it as simple as possible I can slide it left and right if I want and add chain to lower it. Equipment now complete for this tank time to load up on eye candy.

c014fde9.jpg

2e39d02a.jpg

Welcome to the club DreTheReefer! Your now in the list with everyone else! Your tank looks nice!

c014fde9.jpg

2e39d02a.jpg

Looks really good man!

saltwatercoral
Thanks. It's nowhere near close to most tanks but it'll get there now I just need to get my hands on the corals I want to fill it up.

Got that right! With the AI and the right corals you are clear for take off!

LOVE my AI Nano!! Count this as my induction to the club! My custom mount will soon be painted black (and I will be plugging the end) very soon. The pic is a little white washed out, so I will see about taking a better one soon.

6383621539_f78d136ec7.jpg

I am in the process of collecting equipment for my 200gal build that will commence in about 6 months...perfect timing to wait for the new Pheonix model to come out (I will be ordering 4-6 units)!!

Yes we all want you in the club for sure! We have all drooled over your tank. AMAZING!!!

-Becky

Nano is awesome on the BC29! Coverage even with stock mounting arm is perfect. The size of the Nano is very deceptive. Incredibly powerful little light. If you go with SOL or even Phoenix, be sure to be very careful and patient with intensities while acclimating. Either way you will be happy with your investment.

saltwatercoral
LOVE my AI Nano!! Count this as my induction to the club! My custom mount will soon be painted black (and I will be plugging the end) very soon. The pic is a little white washed out, so I will see about taking a better one soon.

6383621539_f78d136ec7.jpg

I am in the process of collecting equipment for my 200gal build that will commence in about 6 months...perfect timing to wait for the new Pheonix model to come out (I will be ordering 4-6 units)!!

Welcome to the club rbokros! You in the member list. Creat a build thread and I can link it to your name! 200G... 4-6 Pheonix's... WOW... Thats going to be nice!

Edited by saltwatercoral

-Becky

I have the AI Nano over my 28 gal NanoCube and you will see in my pic that it offers PLENTY of light for it!! No need for more expensive or larger SOL unit at all!!